• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2008
    sdtom wrote
    Down the road it will only be download which is a pay as you go system with the AFM.

how do you know?
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    tjguitar wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Down the road it will only be download which is a pay as you go system with the AFM.

how do you know?

It seems thats the direction things are going in.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I really don't see enough of a difference
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2008
    Just got the 2.0 Omega Man in the mail, Damn what a difference, if you are a fan of this music , GET IT!!

sd smile

IMHO of course.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    How different? It'll take a lot to get me to buy the same music again, unless there are extra tracks.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2008 edited
    Heero JF wrote
    How different? It'll take a lot to get me to buy the same music again, unless there are extra tracks.

Sound quality, the missing organ overlays , some of the cues are re-edited. Like I said if you are a big fan of the music , get this, you wont be disappointed, and as Jeff Bond posted on that other message board its a good companion to the original one.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    TJ I don't really know. Do I need to start every sentence with the word In My Opinion. I think not.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    sdtom wrote
    TJ I don't really know. Do I need to start every sentence with the word In My Opinion. I think not.
    Thomas

Altho Tom I do agree with you , it does help to put the letters, IMHO biggrin
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh, I dunno.
    I tend to put my speculations forward as gospel truth.
    I like it that way.

wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    We're heading toward downloads and fast
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2008
    Why would it be a companion? If it's that much better, can't it simply render the older one obsolete? Honestly, I don't look forward to having the exact same music (as good as it is) take up two slots on my over-filled shelves. If I get the new one, I'd want to get rid of the old one.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    HeeroJF wrote
    Why would it be a companion? If it's that much better, can't it simply render the older one obsolete? Honestly, I don't look forward to having the exact same music (as good as it is) take up two slots on my over-filled shelves. If I get the new one, I'd want to get rid of the old one.

rolleyes
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    sdtom wrote
    We're heading toward downloads and fast
    Thomas

How so?

As long as the labels keep making money from us and the studios keep making money from labels. CDs will continue to be produced.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    moonie wrote
    HeeroJF wrote

rolleyes

Well... care to expand a bit? I'm still waiting for first-hand opinion from someone who owns both, to see if they think the first one is still worth hanging on to after getting this remastered one.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2008 edited
    HeeroJF wrote
    moonie wrote
    HeeroJF wrote

rolleyes

Well... care to expand a bit? I'm still waiting for first-hand opinion from someone who owns both, to see if they think the first one is still worth hanging on to after getting this remastered one.

I feel Jeff Bond put it best...................

"the new version plays very much as an alternate version of the score because of the overlays--there are also some editing changes and in some cases I prefer the editing on the original version. So I have both versions on my ipod and I'm happy to have both. The original was done to the best of our ability eight years ago, not with some secret plan to put out an inferior version so we could double dip later. There was no idea that the lost overlays would ever be found and of course no idea of what digital technology eight years hence could do to improve the sound."

The new version gives you a different listening experience and a more enjoyable one , IMHO, but no one says you have to get it, as I stated above to me its well worth the 20 bucks.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2008
    If its more enjoyable, why keep the first one (whcih is probably sitll wroth more than 20 bucks, and will pay for the new one.)
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2008 edited
    tj guitar wrote
    If its more enjoyable, why keep the first one (which is probably still wroth more than 20 bucks, and will pay for the new one.)

Maybe more enjoyable was the wrong words, I like them both for different reasons and I intended to keep them both and like Jeff Bond they are back to back on my ipod. biggrin
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2008
    I do have different versions of the same symphony Bruckner, Tchaikovsky and Mahler. I guess you could put it in that category.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2008 edited
    I didn't get a chance to get this first time round and I was listening to the newly-released CD this evening.

shocked

What a great mix of music on this CD!! Thanks to FSM for making this available again.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2008
    moonie wrote
    tj guitar wrote
    If its more enjoyable, why keep the first one (which is probably still wroth more than 20 bucks, and will pay for the new one.)

Maybe more enjoyable was the wrong words, I like them both for different reasons and I intended to keep them both and like Jeff Bond they are back to back on my ipod. biggrin

Ah, I can see that. That gives me an idea. Haven't made up my mind whether to shell out the extra $20 yet but I get a better idea now. Thanks!