• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2008
    Oh crap!!! I mean to add a new comment, not edit the old one! Sorry Miya, I didn't mean to destroy all evidence of your reign as #1.

Here, let me go on record with it: MIYA STAYED AT #1 FOR A WHOLE DAY!!!! There.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
  1. She's a master in animation scores smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2008
    Indeed! I expected no less from her.

However, Ranietz has submitted yet another set of answers, completing the game!

1) Ranietz 42 points
    2) Miya 32 points
    3) Southall 30 points
    4) Thomas Glorieux 25 points
    5) FalkirkBairn 18 points
    6) AntiNeutrino 14 points
    7) The Grey Pilgrim 13 points
    8) BhelPuri 8 points
    9) DemonStar 7 points
    10) Zirael 6 points
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2008 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    She's a master in animation scores smile

But I got a lot of help by the hints and Google! biggrin wink

Probably I can earn 2 more points, but I can't reach Ranietz's score! shocked
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  2. Still, it's something you specialize in smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2008
    I don't doubt that google and Imdb came in handy for Ranietz's score, too! It's only natural. In the previous two games I participated in probably more than half my score was due to my sleuthing using the hints.

Take it in stride! ^__^ Like PawelStroinski said, it's a specialty of yours.

If you want to try to score those two extra points, try to do it today. I'll probably give the answers tomorrow evening.
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    Before the hints were posted I knew only 3 of the clips. The rest I figured out with the help of the hints, google, imdb, amazon etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    ...and the shoeshine character in "Police Squad!"
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Try to unearth the Police Squad! episodes. Perhaps on YouTube. It's the short-lived but brilliant series that "The Naked Gun" movies were based on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2008
    Just in case... Heero, have you received my PM I sent yesterday? It's in my Outbox but possibly failed because of the yesterday's slowness at maintitles...
    •  
      CommentAuthorzirael
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2008 edited
    Heero, I also sent a PM with guesses Friday so I wouldn't stay in last place. Haven't heard back from you. I'll email them to you now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008 edited
    Got the PMs! Sorry I was slightly out of touch. I didn't have my spreadsheet of points at home, and yesterday I was busy nursing a busted hip from my last play on Sunday. Ouch. I hope it's just a sprain of some kind.

And now for the answers!!! Number in parenthesis is the number of people who guessed each title and composer correctly, out of 11 participants.

1 Tom and Jerry: Touché, Pussy Cat! - Scott Bradley (5)
    2 Daisy Town - Claude Bolling (2)
    3 Le roi et l'oiseau - Wojciech Kilar (5)
    4 The Lord of the Rings - Leonard Rosenman (3)
    5 The Secret of N.I.H.M. - Jerry Goldsmith (7)
    6 The Adventures of the Great Mouse Detective - Henry Mancini (8)
    7 Ranma ½ - Kenji Kawai (1)
    8 We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story - James Horner (5)
    9 Gundam Wing - Kou Ootani (3)
    10 The Hunchback of Notre-Dame - Alan Menken (8)
    11 Beavis and Butt-head Do America- John Frizzell (4)
    12 Mononoke Hime - Joe Hisaishi (9)
    13 A Bug's Life - Randy Newman (8)
    14 The Iron Giant - Michael Kamen (5)
    15 The Emperor's New Groove - John Debney (3)
    16 Chicken Run - John Powell, Harry Gregson-Williams (10)
    17 Naruto - Toshiro Masuda (3)
    18 Lauras Stern - Nick Glennie-Smith, Henning Loehner, Hans Zimmer (7)
    19 Valiant - George Fenton (7)
    20 Bee Movie - Rupert Gregson-Williams (4)

And the final scores. Miya nudged her score an extra 2 points, Zirael climbed all the way up to #4 with his last set of guesses, Christopher joined the game at the very last moment with a very respectable 15 points, but The Grey Pilgrim jumps over both him and AntiNeutrino with a last-minute well-placed 3 extra points.

1) Ranietz 42 points
    2) Miya 34 points
    3) Southall 30 points
    4) Zirael 27 points
    5) Thomas Glorieux 25 points
    6) FalkirkBairn 18 points
    7) The Grey Pilgrim 16 points
    8) Christopher 15 points
    9) AntiNeutrino 14 points
    10) BhelPuri 8 points
    11) DemonStar 7 points

I think we should band together to force The Grey Pilgrim to change his screen name for not successfully guessing The Lord of the Rings. What say you? biggrin

I'm so surprised The Emperor's New Groove bamboozled so many people. I even included two major themes of the score in that clip. I'm not surprised however about the European titles, the anime titles and Beavis and Butthead. That was really devious of me, I admit. I was pleasantly surprised to find that Princess Mononoke was one of the most universally guessed title! Happy to know that score's popularity is nice and strong. And of course, the secret of the SINGLE person who didn't guess Chicken Run is safe with me. But I'm bribable.

I hope you had as much fun with this little game as I had hosting it! And especially hope that it has piqued people's curiosity about certain unknown scores, like Le roi et l'oiseau and the wide variety of styles that animation can encompass, from the rocking rhythm of anime to the epic of Lord of the Rings and Hunchback of Notre-Dame.

Who's got the next game? I have a set of 20 titles selected for a "Swords and Sorcery" themed game, but I'll need time to piece the clips together. I'd be happy to do that in a week or two.
    J-F
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008
    So... I correctly identified four clips from scores I do not own... and failed to identify three clips from scores I do own!

Thank you J-F. Good selection of clips which shows music for animation can go well beyond the stereotypes. My own favourite score from that bunch is Iron Giant.
  3. Ps, anybody noticed that Beavis & Butthead was visible in Media Player, I never would have guessed it, but HeeroJF didn't rip this one good enough to make it wasn't visible in Media Player tongue

anyway, I can give you a set of dazzling action music if people want this, can upload it this instant
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. Do it
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008
    punk
    And congrats to Ranietz, and big thank you to Heero! beer

Le roi et l'oiseau (The King And The Mockingbird) really impressed me. And now I want to get Lauras Stern and Bee Movie, even if I've heard some tracks before. (I love animated RC guys tongue )
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2008
    Ack! I could not get around to checking this after the hints were posted. Nice selection of clips. Any game that features Kilar is tops in my book punk Congrats to Ranietz and Miya!
    And for the record I think the only 3 animation scores I have are Le Roi Et L'Oiseau (Kilar), Aida Degli Alberi (Morricone) and Chicken Run (JP & HGW)
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2008
    Yeah it was pointed out to me that the Beavis and Butthead clip still retained its media player identity, even though I thought I'd been careful to copy and paste every music selection into its own new file so that the ID wouldn't carry over. I'm not sure what was so different about that one. Also, I couldn't have known about this just by myself, because it picture didn't come up on my Media Player, somehow.

Well, thanks for playing!