• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2008
    MovieScore Media presents

LOFT

Music Composed by
    WOLFRAM DE MARCO

Sound clips and more info:
    http://www.moviescoremedia.com/loft.html

Limited CD edition (1000 copies) distributed by Screen Archives Entertainment and the Belgian Filmmusic Society (Benelux):
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=10590

Download album in 320kbit mp3 format here:
    http://www.filmmusicdownloads.com/WebFi … tm?id=6426

Download album on iTunes here:
    http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt … p;s=143446

German composer Wolfram de Marco, whose previous film credits include arranging and orchestrating scores such as Poseidon, Constantine and Catwoman, has composed a dark and intense orchestral score for Loft, the new film by Belgian TV personality and filmmaker Erik Van Looy (The Alzheimer Case, Shades) and writer Bart De Pauw (The Mole).

Performed by the London Metropolitan Orchestra, the music evokes the darkness and sensual mystery of Loft, a film about five married men who share a secret: a spacious loft, in which they can quietly receive their mistresses. One morning, they discover the body of a young woman and no one knows who she is or how she got there... CD and online release follows the Belgian premiere of the film on October 22.

MMS08020 LOFT: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
    Music Composed WOLFRAM DE MARCO
    Release date: October 28, 2008.

CD EDITION LIMITED TO 1000 COPIES.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    I'm quite intrigued by this one. I saw a short interview and part of the scoring of the music on tv, and it sounded well, especially for a Belgian movie. I just hope it's not too repeating, as they mentioned the string were continuously doing the staccato thingy. Might pick it up in stores when I find it, though!
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  1. I'm very interested in this one as well, but I'm betting I must see the movie first to fully understand and love the score behind it

So thrilled you gave the Belgian movies a chance too Mikael
    One of the most promising visual looking thrillers of Belgian soil
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Anybody found a European shop for this? Don't feel like spending 7 euros or more on transport.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nice.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Ill have to check this one out, when the money is there, we are still feeling the 2000 dollar car rapair bills.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2008
    Rian wrote
    Anybody found a European shop for this? Don't feel like spending 7 euros or more on transport.

The LOFT CD should be available in Belgian stores shortly!

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2008
    shocked
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2008
    I saw the film yesterday - best Belgian film since Daens; I urge everybody to see it, quite impressive. Had high expectations, and they were met. I don't know if they'll show it in other countries?

The score was, well, adequate in the film. A typical subdued thriller score, I'd say; the highlights were the string staccato passages I think - but those are perhaps rather similar to Zimmer's Batman. Slightly entertaining but I don't know if I'd want it on CD though. What surprised me was that it wasn't better than it is, seeing as how Bart de Pauw (the screenwriter) is a huge film music adept.

The CD's on Fnac.be in the meantime, for a whopping 18.90 euros though! I'd rather download it at MSM, were it not I'd rather have a physical CD for my money smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2008
    fommes wrote
    I saw the film yesterday - best Belgian film since Daens; I urge everybody to see it, quite impressive. Had high expectations, and they were met. I don't know if they'll show it in other countries?

The score was, well, adequate in the film. A typical subdued thriller score, I'd say; the highlights were the string staccato passages I think - but those are perhaps rather similar to Zimmer's Batman. Slightly entertaining but I don't know if I'd want it on CD though. What surprised me was that it wasn't better than it is, seeing as how Bart de Pauw (the screenwriter) is a huge film music adept.

The CD's on Fnac.be in the meantime, for a whopping 18.90 euros though! I'd rather download it at MSM, were it not I'd rather have a physical CD for my money smile

I heard there were talks of selling the script to an American publisher, so the international public might get to see the film in a few years. With other actors obviously.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but from the bits I heard on TV, I thought it sounded like Zimmer too, but apparently the guy worked with him on Pirates. And you can't expect for a small budget film (for international standards) to have a huuuge budget for a well-known composer.

Oh, and yes, 19 euros in Fnac is indeed hugely overpriced. I'll wait for it to appear in one the less-known shops.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Well, no, I didn't expect a well-known composer - this is a Belgian film after all! smile But I did expect a better score; I would have asked somebody like Dirk Brossé for instance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2008 edited
    I wonder why they indeed didn't hire a Belgian composer. We have some fine artists here, and since this is movie will sure get on an internatonal road, it would have been an excellent chance to display Belgian music, like some of our recent movies did (Aanrijding in Moscou comes to mind).
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2008 edited
    I think the answer is very simple. The director made a film with a very international look and wanted to look for a composer to match this. That's also why Erik van Looy hired Stephen Warbeck for De Zaak Alzheimer. Another reason would be that they couldn't just find someone in their own country, who they thought could pull it off. That may sounds ridiculous, but this is what some of them secretly think. Trust me, I know some of them from other countries. Í'm sure that if director X would make 10 Belgium action films similar to films like True Lies, a guaranteed 9 out 10 would be scored by an international name.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Pictures of the scoring sessions at Abbey Road:
    http://www.scoringsessions.com/sessions/29824/

Which brings us to: where's Dan?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2023