• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2008 edited
    LSH wrote
    shocked MUST. FIND.

cool

Please do Lee, it's great!

p.s. The album is called 'Forwards', as far as I know it's the only album they've done so far?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    Rapsodie Espagnole is lovely smile beer

NP : FORWARDS - The Egg

Not a single bad track on this album, and some of the best chill out music you'll hear. Highly recommended to anyone who loves Zero 7.

I've seen them live a few times. As a band they're live set just blows you away, its a very raw vibrant and cooking sound that's totally at odds with the produced studio 'chill out' sound of the album.

In fact it's so feel good I just had to put it on repeat! cool

punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I've just listened to some clips on iTunes. This is definitely something I'm gonna like. Thanks Tim!

beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    I've just listened to some clips on iTunes. This is definitely something I'm gonna like. Thanks Tim!

beer

You are most welcome! beer

p.s. I never noticed before but is your avatar Alan Partridge!? shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    It certainly is! A-HA!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2008 edited
    LSH wrote
    It certainly is! A-HA!

A-HA!

Steve Coogan is a genius! I could watch Partridge over and over and over again. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE CHAIRMAN DANCES - John Adams

Love it! punk cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Symphony No. 5 Tchaikovsky (Mariss Jansons cond. with the Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra)

I just had to give it a whirl after seeing it at the Proms on TV.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2008
    Note for Timmer: Tomorrow at 7:30 at the Proms is a night dedicated to Vaughan Williams in honor of his 50th anniversary on BBC Radio 3, and broadcast on BBC Two on Saturday (although apparently missing one of the pieces that was performed for some reason?)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Note for Timmer: Tomorrow at 7:30 at the Proms is a night dedicated to Vaughan Williams in honor of his 50th anniversary on BBC Radio 3, and broadcast on BBC Two on Saturday (although apparently missing one of the pieces that was performed for some reason?)

Thank you! I'll try and catch the radio broadcast but will definitely record Saturday's program smile beer

When are they showing ( have they shown? ) the Prokofiev you saw?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Hmm, not sure on that one? I don't think it was being recorded for TV when I was there, we weren't told of it, all I know is that it was live on BBC Radio 3?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Hmm, not sure on that one? I don't think it was being recorded for TV when I was there, we weren't told of it, all I know is that it was live on BBC Radio 3?

Ah well slant I'll still keep an eye / ear out for it!?

NP : PETROUCHKA - Igor Stravinsky

Wonderful ballet score conducted by Claudio Abbado with the LSO cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tom wave

Just wondering if you've heard of a composer named Vincent d' Indy?, a pupil of Franck and a contempory of Debussy and Ravel. A recent release on CHANDOS has picqued my interest!?

NP : MYTHODEA - Vangelis

This is a big and magnificent work.....and it's been too long since I last played it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2008
    NP : DEBUT - Bjork

Barking!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2008
    Symphony on a French Mountain Air is outstanding
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2008
    NP: PAGEANT OF P.T. BARNUM...Douglas Moore

Very nice circus suite

Thomas smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    Symphony on a French Mountain Air is outstanding
    Thomas smile

Is this an d'Indy work Tom?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : SHAKER LOOPS - John Adams

Been in a bit of an Adams mood recently cool
  1. Timmer wrote
    NP : SHAKER LOOPS - John Adams

Been in a bit of an Adams mood recently cool

punk
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Being a pro Naxos here is a nice reasonable recording for you
    http://www.naxos.com/catalogue/item.asp … e=8.550754

Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    NP: SYMPHONY NO. 9...Vaughan Williams
    I enjoy the use of the saxophone in the scherzo section
    Thomas smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    Being a pro Naxos here is a nice reasonable recording for you
    http://www.naxos.com/catalogue/item.asp … e=8.550754

Thomas smile

Thank you Tom smile beer

Now why didn't I think of checking NAXOS? rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Someone next door is playing Meatloaf vomit

So I'm playing....

NP : THERE & BACK - Jeff Beck

L O U D ! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2008 edited
    NP : TOMMY - The Who + Various Artists

Excellent recording of the Rock Opera includes all members of The Who, Rod Stewart and more.

Plus THE LONDON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA, don't be fooled by the often cheesy LSO plays Rock albums of the late 70's - 80's, this is the real deal with knobs on, stand outs include 'Overture', 'See Me, Feel Me' and the real highlight 'I'm Free' with Roger Daltrey backed by the full power of the LSO plus choir.....awesome stuff! cool

"if I told you what it takes to reach the highest high, you'd laugh and say nothings that simple, but you've been told many times before, messiah pointed to the door but no one had the guts to leave the temple"
  2. NP: The Sea

Album from ECM features a series of collaborations between electric guitarist Terje Rypdal, pianist/composer Ketil Bjornstadt, cellist David Darling and a percussionist whose name I can't remember. Neither classical nor New Age... it would be truer to describe it as a kind of at-time-serene-at-times-furious minimalist jazz, but jazz only in the sense that it is clearly improvised at times, not in any stylistic resemblance of the music to jazz.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2008
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: The Sea

Album from ECM features a series of collaborations between electric guitarist Terje Rypdal, pianist/composer Ketil Bjornstadt, cellist David Darling and a percussionist whose name I can't remember. Neither classical nor New Age... it would be truer to describe it as a kind of at-time-serene-at-times-furious minimalist jazz, but jazz only in the sense that it is clearly improvised at times, not in any stylistic resemblance of the music to jazz.

You don't say if you liked it?

Of the names you mentioned I'm partly famillar with Norwegian guitarist Terje Rypdal.
  3. I've been listening to it for the last two years, and to be honest, I'm not sure I do like it.
    But I do listen to it a lot.
    I guess what that means is that I like half the tracks, and am not so convinced of the others.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    I've been listening to it for the last two years, and to be honest, I'm not sure I do like it.
    I guess what that means is that I like half the tracks, and am not so convinced of the others.

Do you not skip tracks you don't like Michael?

NP : WATER COLOURS - Pat Metheny

Gorgeous, very atmospheric album that's as delicate as gossamer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    I've been listening to it for the last two years, and to be honest, I'm not sure I do like it.

How's that logically possible?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. Maybe he's just trying to make up his mind? wink
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website