• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2009 edited
    LSH wrote
    NP: The Spitfire Grill - James Horner

One of the first scores I bought when I began to discover Horner's music. It's just a lovely lovely score - so gentle and relaxing.

cool

I really enjoy Horner in this mode.

I put this in the 'Funny Videos' thread but It's appropriate here...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl_QWkvtCXI

Enjoy biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Christodoulides wrote
    LSH wrote
    You'll love it! (I think).

Are you anyhow familiar with Yvan Cassar's work?

Only A Species' Odyssey but I do quite like that one. You got anything else to recommend, D?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2009
    LSH wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    LSH wrote
    You'll love it! (I think).

Are you anyhow familiar with Yvan Cassar's work?

Only A Species' Odyssey but I do quite like that one. You got anything else to recommend, D?

Well i was going to ask if that other score you were playing and which i quoted with "WANT" is any similar, actually wink

As far as Cassar is concerned, only 2 of his works were sadly ever released and i consider both of them absolutely brilliant, i am sure more will agree. The other work that was released and you should definitely get is Massai, les guerrieres de la pluie
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : JUKEBOX - Philip Glass

This is the 2nd CD that comes with KOYAANISQATSI, it's a fine compilation taking in selections and excepts of chamber works, symphonies and film music. An excellent compilation to go with the main course.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote

As for the score, delightful. It's what I expected but it really shines at the end of the picture. The only issue I had with the score was "Tai Lung Escapes." Should have been much more darker, with more use of the lower brass. Growling trombones and tuba instead of the electric guitars, dance beats and out of place heroic trumpets. While the scene was outstanding to look at I think Powell and Zimmer missed the boat on the tone of the scene and who was actually making the escape. This is the bad guy folks. Make it more menacing. Besides that, fans of asian styled film scores will get a "kick" out of this one!

-Erik-

"tai Lung Escapes" is clearly a Zimmer cue. it has the same problem that when Zimmer composes for Slapstick movies (Like Thunderbirds). He tries too hard to be more colorful and uses less the brass. And here it's a mistake. you are right.

That's is why I think Zimmer hired Powell. He needed a composer who worked more with powerfull orchestrations and he focus more in the chinise orchestration.

The sequence Oogay Ascends is one of the most beautiful things I have seen in a lot of years, and the music (this time where Zimmer is in his confor Zone) is mararevlous.

NP:Kung Fu panda

I really love every minute of it, but from "Sacreed pool of tears" to the end it's gorgeous, extiting and epic!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ah...uh...

uhm
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    May I be the last to congratulate you on this, the very first "Now Playing" thread at Maintitles?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Ah...uh...

uhm

I agree with Steven....your lack of faith is disturbing! crazy wink 2008 and average, regarding Powell, can´t go together.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Southall wrote
    May I be the last to congratulate you on this, the very first "Now Playing" thread at Maintitles?

Huh? We've had like 6 others?? confused
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Ah...uh...

uhm

I agree with Steven....your lack of faith is disturbing! crazy wink 2008 and average, regarding Powell, can´t go together.

2003 was Powell on top form. The Italian Job, Cody Banks and Gigl...err I mean Paycheck. wink angelic
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Ah...uh...

uhm

2003 was Powell on top form. The Italian Job, Cody Banks and Gigl...err I mean Paycheck. wink angelic

I miss this jon Powell. when he didn't compose fireworks, with so over the top orchestrations, and 100 tracks...

But he still is the KING! and he had a terrific year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    JUST US IN THE NEW NOW PLAYING THREAD

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … ing-xviii/

Shut her down, Bregt!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Kill! Kill!
  1. I would like to get a final word in.

GOATS.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am