• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2008
    omaha wrote
    Steven wrote
    Tomorrow Never Dies David Arnold

My favourite Arnold-Bond score, still. (Meaning it's my favourite Bond score.)

Haha, indeed sir.
    But I love Berry as well.

Berry who????
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Hey, I love the music, and I even love the music in the film. But the film itself is too "America is so FUCKING awesome" for my taste. (Though it can be fun after a few beers.)

The film is a total bag o' shite jingoistic tosh but afer a few beers it IS awesome entertainment when watched with friends biggrin cool beer

And isn't it funny that quite a few of the over-the-top culturally conservative patriotic films made in America are made... by Germans! Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich (Germany) made ID4 and The Patriot. Wolfgang Peterson (Germany) made Air Force One and The Perfect Storm. So what's going on there? wink

Bad film making unless I'm mistaken ol' chum! rolleyes wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Sideways - Rolfe Kent

It's a gorgeous day here after a long week of rain and this is a great summery little pop-jazz score which really puts you in a good mood.

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Timmer wrote
    omaha wrote
    Steven wrote
    Tomorrow Never Dies David Arnold

My favourite Arnold-Bond score, still. (Meaning it's my favourite Bond score.)

Haha, indeed sir.
    But I love Berry as well.

Berry who????

haha Barry.
    I know, I should be shot for that mistake. Give me a gun, I'll do it myself. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2008 edited
    NP: Contact - Alan Silvestri

A very thoughtfully composed score, with just as much reflective moments as gung ho action, Silvestri style. The film is one of my favorites, and the music just works wonders in it, with that magical touch like in nearly all Zemeckis/Silvestri collaborations. One of the composer's finest IMO.

4 STARS
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  1. Erik Woods wrote
    lp wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Judge Dredd - Alan Silvestri

Ya baby! Full epic Silvestri! One of his finest scores!

-Erik-

One of my favorites as well. Highly propulsive, martial, score topped with some very effective melodramatics.

You said it! "Judgement Day" is the perfect example. While the "I Am The Law" line in the film is laughable for some reason I get goosebumps watching that scene because of Silvestri's score. Same goes with the President's speech in ID4. Totally corny - both speech and music - but they work off each other so well that it surprisingly works and gives me goosebumps and almost moves me to tears.

-Erik-

When I read your post Erik, I couldn't agree more. Silvestri is da bomb in Judge Dredd, and ID4 is a total winner, music and film wise. I totally enjoy it each and every time, goosebumps, thrills and laughs aplenty.

And I'm not american...

punk punk punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: Over The Hedge - Rupert Gregson-Williams

I love RJ's theme. It suits the raccoon character much better than Bruce Willis. tongue

Hammy Time is fun biggrin
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote
    I was playing:Tomorrow Never Dies (Arnold)

I can't finish never the listening. I find it boring.

I love some cues like "kobooy bay", "All day's work" ...and of Course, "Backseat Driver". But the rest...( special mention to Bike chase with this over the top Taikos....)

Surrender theme is one gorgeous, though.If only it was more used in the score...

I prefer Arnold's posteriors efforts in Bond movies than this one (Yes, even Die another Day)

First of all posterior means ass.
    Second of all how the feck can you find Tomorrow Never Dies boring? Crazy fanboy.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Nautilus wrote

I love some cues like "kobooy bay", "All day's work" ...and of Course, "Backseat Driver". But the rest...( special mention to Bike chase with this over the top Taikos....)

Surrender theme is one gorgeous, though.If only it was more used in the score...

I prefer Arnold's posteriors efforts in Bond movies than this one (Yes, even Die another Day)

Second of all how the feck can you find Tomorrow Never Dies boring? Crazy fanboy.

No it's not boring. But I did play Backseat Driver to a friend of mine last week who said it was the gayest James Bond music he'd ever heard! shocked
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Nautilus wrote

No it's not boring. But I did play Backseat Driver to a friend of mine last week who said it was the gayest James Bond music he'd ever heard! shocked
    '

That's the gayest friend I've ever heard of. shocked wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's quite clearly still Arnold's best Bond score. Even he himself said he threw everything into that score, he felt he needed to prove his worth on that film, and didn't imagine he'd still be scoring the Bond films.

Of course I love every Arnold-Bond score, but Tomorrow Never Dies will probably always remain my favourite.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    gayest James Bond music

I'm trying to understand what that means... was it making love to men? Was it pink? Did it feature the Village People?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Last of the Dogmen David Arnold

It's like a sequel score to Stargate without the Stargate theme. I love it!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    It's quite clearly still Arnold's best Bond score. Even he himself said he threw everything into that score, he felt he needed to prove his worth on that film, and didn't imagine he'd still be scoring the Bond films.

Of course I love every Arnold-Bond score, but Tomorrow Never Dies will probably always remain my favourite.

I've got to agree with you there. He's said many a time that he did everything he wanted to do in that score and has had to keep trying to come up with new stuff ever since. How Jordi can claim it is boring boggles the mind. dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    gayest James Bond music

I'm trying to understand what that means... was it making love to men? Was it pink? Did it feature the Village People?

I think he mean it was OTT camp!? ( which I'd partly agree with ) To be honest he was probably just trying to needle me. rolleyes wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    To be honest he was probably just trying to needle me.

Now THAT sounds like a euphemism for a gay activity...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    How Jordi can claim it is boring boggles the mind. dizzy

Jordi himself boggles the mind.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anthony wrote
    How Jordi can claim it is boring boggles the mind. dizzy

"Jordi" and "boggles the mind" in one sentence.. who'd a thunk?
    wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Shit. Steven stole my joke on a 21 second lead. angry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

That's far too witty for me today....I'm seriously hungover.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Sorry. I'll try and type a little bit more quietly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

You realise that will only entice the man?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    See.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

You realise that will only entice the man?

Well, he's being very sympathetic to me so far wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : LAWRENCE OF ARABIA - Maurice Jarre

A classic! cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    NP : LAWRENCE OF ARABIA - Maurice Jarre

A classic! cool

NP : [small]nothing[/small]

I just realised how crap I feel and had to turn the music off.

I'm going to lie down....bye slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

So the night was good huh Tim? wink

Timmer wrote

Oh, not that good tongue
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    NP : [small]nothing[/small]

I'm going to lie down....bye slant

Tempus omnia destruit. sad
    Hope you feel better soon! wave (lightweight biggrin wink )
  2. John Debney - Sudden Death

Good action score from the usually comedy guy and interestingly, rather overlooked. Sounds a bit JNH meets Goldsmith, but if you are aware of some rhythmic sensibilities it foreshadows the more succesful score to End of Days (from the same director, incidentally).

Good score from times when the Zimmerish ensemble prevailed without the scores sounding like Zimmer himself.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

So the night was good huh Tim? wink

Timmer wrote

Oh, not that good tongue

It was a great night Marcel biggrin ....not so great morniing slant