• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2008
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote

NP:Horton Hears a Who (Powell)

Becoming my second favourite Powell Score.

What's your favourite?

Mmm.... It depends of the day but It's one of those two scores: Happy feet or Paycheck. Mr and Mrs Smith and Agent Cody banks are close, ver close.

For me it would be Happy Feet, Bourne Ultimatum or Mr & Mrs Smith. Paycheck is close behind.

Yeap. Happy Feet it's could be my favourite one too.. It mixes all his techniques very well. it's touching, modern, funny... and for personal reasons, it is part of my life. sadly how the movie is full of songs, it lacks of a satisfactory climax.

I prefer Supremacy over Ultimatum, thought. Ultimatum seems too over dramatic in some parts (I agree with the Evil guy who reviewed it in another site )
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    So far today:

Gun (Lennertz)
    Top Gun Bootleg Score
    The Shadow Expanded
    Secondhand Lions
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    As often as these lions have been getting around these days I'm surprised they're not thirdhand by now.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christopher Columbus: The Discovery Cliff Eidelman

The theme is repeated to Doyle proportions.... but what a theme! love
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    ^ That's why Doyle is good, too! cheesy
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote

What's your favourite?

Mmm.... It depends of the day but It's one of those two scores: Happy feet or Paycheck. Mr and Mrs Smith and Agent Cody banks are close, ver close.

For me it would be Happy Feet, Bourne Ultimatum or Mr & Mrs Smith. Paycheck is close behind.

Cody Banks is my all time favourite score, but his best are by far The Bourne Supremacy and Paycheck.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    My powell Ranking Could be somthing like that:

1-Paycheck
    2-Horton Hears a who
    3-Happy Feet
    4-Bourne Supremacy
    5-Cody Banks
    6-Mr and Mrs smith
    7-United 93
    8-Cody Banks
    9-Xmen III
    10-I am Sam

NP:Rescue Dawn (Badelt)

IMHO Badelt's best score, even if the copy a theme from Zimmer's The fan.

Sleepwalkers is really mind Blowing.

PS:The movie is good, but it could be better.
    • CommentAuthorKatiek
    NP: Pan Tasdeusz (Kilar) - majestic, sweeping, striking and ethereal all in the same score
  1. NP: Max Payne

Why?
    Because I'm a reviewer that's why!!! confused
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Band of Brothers kill
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    NP: Max Payne

Why?

My condolences.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Why?

My condolences.

and the thing is, I have to write something interesting about it!!!! confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2008 edited
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote

What's your favourite?

Yes! At last someone who ranks Bourne Ultimatum as it deserves. I thought I was the only one.
    I agree with the rest of the scores mentioned though: Happy Feet, Paycheck and Mr. and Mrs. Smith. And Agent Cody Banks, IMO the first big Powell score, or at least the one that defined his sound when scoring action movies.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  3. Then good luck! bunny
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Why?

My condolences.

just title it max payne and write about anything you want. Just random stuff. I'd get a kick out of it. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Why?

My condolences.

That's why i stopped reviewing frequently.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. omaha wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Why?

My condolences.

just title it max payne and write about anything you want. Just random stuff. I'd get a kick out of it. cool

honestly I'm doing my best to make sure you'll get a detailed review
    ahh we'll see

almost at the end now rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Gears Of War 2 (Jablonsky)

Jablonsky best score ever! The action is much more exiting than in Transformers wich was Power Anthems all the way.

The main theme is addictive.of course (sometimes it sounds a little bit like Narnia )
  5. omaha wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    The Shadow - expanded (Jerry Goldsmith)

One of the most fun from Goldsmith in the nineties... this is great stuff. I've always loved the main theme but found the score way too short. This expanded bootleg works wonders for my mood. Just more of all the brilliant themes is what I need right now. If I could wish just for one thing on this godforsaken planet, I would instantly make Mr. Goldsmith come back from his eternal sleep, so he can write us some more of this fantastic stuff...

4 STARS

I just started listening to the same thing as I began reading this thread. Something is happening here...

I know what's happening: there's some sort of supernatural telepathic connection being established between some of the members that results in great music played simultaneously in various parts of the world... AWESOME!!!!!! punk punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  6. DreamTheater wrote
    omaha wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    The Shadow - expanded (Jerry Goldsmith)

One of the most fun from Goldsmith in the nineties... this is great stuff. I've always loved the main theme but found the score way too short. This expanded bootleg works wonders for my mood. Just more of all the brilliant themes is what I need right now. If I could wish just for one thing on this godforsaken planet, I would instantly make Mr. Goldsmith come back from his eternal sleep, so he can write us some more of this fantastic stuff...

4 STARS

I just started listening to the same thing as I began reading this thread. Something is happening here...

I know what's happening: there's some sort of supernatural telepathic connection being established between some of the members that results in great music played simultaneously in various parts of the world... AWESOME!!!!!! punk punk

you two should talk more, after all Omaha got in contact with this site through me, considering we too have the same taste in music eh wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote

Jablonsky best score ever! The action is much more exiting than in Transformers wich was Power Anthems all the way.

The main theme is addictive.of course (sometimes it sounds a little bit like Narnia )

I see it as Transformers´ little brother, but still pretty good. The main theme is addictive(sometimes the simplest the better) as are all the versions of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Nautilus wrote
    7-United 93
    8-Cody Banks
    9-Xmen III

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
    Okay. I'll shut up as to why this shocks me... No one wants to hear about that again.

Marselus wrote
    Yes! At last someone who ranks Bourne Ultimatum as it deserves. I thought I was the only one.
    I agree with the rest of the scores mentioned though: Happy Feet, Paycheck and Mr. and Mrs. Smith. And Agent Cody Banks, IMO the first big Powell score, or at least the one that defined his sound when scoring action movies.

I, too, prefer Ultimatum over the other two Bourne scores. For one reason alone: "Tangiers." punk

NP: Sky Kids, lots of people
    Current on one of the Danny Elfman tracks, but if I don't hurry it'll switch to one of the Rodriguez ones. A unique happening in the world of film music, this thing, obviously. It's like a composer blender. Anyone know the story behind this one??? How did this happen?? The end result is actually quite pleasing!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    HeeroJF wrote
    I, too, prefer Ultimatum over the other two Bourne scores. For one reason alone: "Tangiers." punk

beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    HeeroJF wrote
    NP: Sky Kids, lots of people

The Gavin Greenaway theme in that score reminds me of another MV theme so much! What is it? Speed perhaps?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote

I think Evolution set the stage for his sound. Cody Banks was an incredibly good take on it and I'm dearly missing this from some of his more recent scores. *time warp back to 2003*
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    The Ghost and the Darkness- One of my favorite scores of all time smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote

I think Evolution set the stage for his sound. Cody Banks was an incredibly good take on it and I'm dearly missing this from some of his more recent scores. *time warp back to 2003*

Yes you are right, Evolution set the stage; Agent Cody Banks was the culmination of his kinda sound, the one he has later developed and the reason why I love Powell´s music. But certainly, Evolution (AND Rat Race the same year; a favourite of mine btw) were the first steps.
  7. Nautilus wrote

Jablonsky best score ever!

shocked
    No on so many levels!! Transformers, Steamboy, even D-War! For me, Gears of War 2 is average at best. And way behind Riepl's original.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2008
    NP:Weather man (Zimmer)

Wonder how much of this score is from James S Levine (It sounds pretty close to Nip /Tuck).

Anyway.... shocked Weather man blows my mind away! It's like Clif Martinez Solaris but with Zimmer credited as a composer...I can't belive I didn't hear this score more often at his time....