• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2008
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote
    Stavroula wrote
    Steven wrote

Wait. This isn't right. This is an internet forum, you're meant to argue, bicker and call everyone an asshole? confused

kiss wink

Do I?! shocked
    I'm sorry,I didn't know. shame
    Easy though...remind me to do it next time Steven! tongue

Me being me you probably won't need to be reminded. I'm an asshole most of the time! biggrin

Well, obviously Stavroula wuz bein sarkastic, azzh0le!
    Why donchou get ur hed out of ur bm & flp the zwq two, brft? Ltrz, htrz!

...can...can I buy some pot from you..?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    A pot of what? Damn you, Sir, finish your sentence! A pot of WHAT?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    A pot of what? Damn you, Sir, finish your sentence! A pot of WHAT?

Mary Jane, Reefer, Blow.....MARIJUANA.....cripes! Yer Dutch aintcha!!??? dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Depends on the language

In Hebrew pot means...

pussy
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2008 edited
    Steven wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote
    Stavroula wrote
    Steven wrote

Wait. This isn't right. This is an internet forum, you're meant to argue, bicker and call everyone an asshole? confused

kiss wink

Do I?! shocked
    I'm sorry,I didn't know. shame
    Easy though...remind me to do it next time Steven! tongue

Me being me you probably won't need to be reminded. I'm an asshole most of the time! biggrin

Well, obviously Stavroula wuz bein sarkastic, azzh0le!
    Why donchou get ur hed out of ur bm & flp the zwq two, brft? Ltrz, htrz!

...can...can I buy some pot from you..?

Now who d' funk it? Having to go to the Dutch for drugs!? biggrin spin wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Interestingly in Dutch a "pot" is also a rather unkind vernacular for a lady who revels in the Sapphic arts of love, hence "a pot of Mary Jane" making me raise an eyebrow or two.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Interestingly in Dutch a "pot" is also a rather unkind vernacular for a lady who revels in the Sapphic arts of love, hence "a pot of Mary Jane" making me raise an eyebrow or two.

Hot damn! shocked

I learn sumpin noo everyday! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Depends on the language

In Hebrew pot means...

pussy

I'd bet there's a serious link to the origin of the word 'pot' in your quote.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Babylon AD - Atli Orvarsson

Dull as anything. Won't listen to this much longer.

Needless to say, everyone needs to listen to some John Barry today, so I'll be putting on The Lion in Winter - his greatest accomplishment!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2008 edited
    Southall wrote
    Babylon AD - Atli Orvarsson

Dull as anything. Won't listen to this much longer.

Needless to say, everyone needs to listen to some John Barry today, so I'll be putting on The Lion in Winter - his greatest accomplishment!

What a great idea....

NP : THE LAST VALLEY - John Barry

Close enough? cool wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008
    Close enough for me! TLIW is my favourite Barry so I thought I should listen to that. The finale is extraordinary - but then, so is a lot of the rest.

Moved on to my favourite modern Barry - Playing by Heart - which would actually probably get into my Barry top five. Again it's the finale that's the killer - and in the (average) film it's mindblowingly good.
  2. It's been some time since I've been in a mood to listen to John Barry.... sometimes you just have to wait until you feel the spark again.

NP: Waltz with Bashir (Max Richter)

I enjoy this score a lot.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  3. "Pony Solider" again -- to familiarize a little ,and since I didn't finish the last time.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008 edited
    NP: Rob Lane - MERLIN

Yeah!

Edit: The Tournament Begins - punk
    Edit #2: Meeting Arthur - Well, it´s more like Ewoks in Camelot! biggrin
    Edit #3: Merlin Lost - beautiful
    Edit #4: Arthur´s Final Battle - YAY!!!! punk punk punk
    Edit #5: The Witch´s Aria - It´s way over the top. Maybe that´s why I like it! lick
    Edit #6: The Call of Destiny - In the end, a very short suite of the best themes. A great way to end this release...

Final verdict:
    It´s great to get those themes so early, while the series is still running. The whole family is enjoying the series, and we´ve been waiting eagerly for the music. There is no need to tell you that the main theme is utterly fantastic and put to great use on the series and the score. The dramatic stuff is great as well. Some of the comedy stuff would be too much for this setting normally, but since I know what the actor´s are doing there I know that the music is the perfect choice for those scenes.

Obviously, the music for the Valiant episode is the best of the first three. I wasn´t too happy that the tracks are presented out of order, but this way, the whole album certainly feels more coherent and makes for a probably better listening experience. With just above 45 minutes, the length is okay, but not too satisfying. I want more, and fast! smile

Overall, I´m happy with this very fast release. Of course everything I wanted from the first three episodes is included, but if this early release means we won´t get the music from later episodes, I would have preferred to wait a bit longer. I understand the motivation behind it, but let´s hope it sells well enough to make another release possible. I certainly did what I could to make it happen. smile
  4. NP: Appaloosa (Jeff Beal)

This is a pleasantly surprisingly score, with gentle arrangements and some attractive melodies. Nothing groundbreaking, but it does a good thing well.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DANNY ELFMAN's WANTED while wrapping up my review....oh this is good.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: "Inspector Gadget" Theme - Shuki Levy
    I was watching the first episode of Watership Down TV series (which was horrible vomit *) on YouTube, and then happened to find this... lol, it was one of my favorite cartoon series when I was a kid! biggrin

Whoa they even have Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers! Yeahhh spin

* But its score by Mike Batt was pretty good, at least tracks I've heard at StreamingSoundtracks were. I also loved the score from 1978 film by Angela Morley & Malcolm Williamson. But both albums are available only at insane prices dizzy
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    I'm still in a cartoony mood, so...

NP: Rescuers Down Under -Bruce Broughton

What a great score, especially in the opening, the flight scene, Message Montage scene (without music this scene would be nothing but just arrows flying over the map), and brilliant End Credit!
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Miya wrote
    NP: "Inspector Gadget" Theme - Shuki Levy
    I was watching the first episode of Watership Down TV series (which was horrible vomit *) on YouTube, and then happened to find this... lol, it was one of my favorite cartoon series when I was a kid! biggrin

Whoa they even have Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers! Yeahhh spin

* But its score by Mike Batt was pretty good, at least tracks I've heard at StreamingSoundtracks were. I also loved the score from 1978 film by Angela Morley & Malcolm Williamson. But both albums are available only at insane prices dizzy

The Mike Batt soundtrack is very good and highly melodic though there are some songs on the CD ( and pretty forgettable too ), the majority is Batt's score.

The original by Angela Morley, IMO, is one of the very best animated scores EVER, right up there with Goldsmith and Horner.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    The Three Musketeers -Kamen
    A Kamen favorite for me.

I would just about kill for an expanded version of this.
    Haha, I think I listened to it about 5 or 6 times yesterday...
  5. Jerry Goldsmith - Air Force One

To honor the elections in the US. Good fun, nothing else. Hijacking is one of Goldsmith's best action pieces.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    omaha wrote
    A Kamen favorite for me.

That one, and Robin Hood, Prince Of Thieves (which I like even better than Three Musketeers.). I'm not into Kamen much at all, but these two earn him a spot in my most-played list. smile

Just played:
    The Three Musketeers - Michel Legrand
    This is the 1973 (and superior) version of the story, with a superb cast and marvellous scripting. I can see where Timmer would prefer this score over Lalo Schifrin's The Four Musketeers, as it's flamboyant, quirky and contains a heavy helping of tongue-in-cheeck baroque, but it's the latter score -if only for the excellent and heartrending Athos' Theme that still retains my preference.
    In fact, I think I'll play it now. lick
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    omaha wrote
    A Kamen favorite for me.

That one, and Robin Hood, Prince Of Thieves (which I like even better than Three Musketeers.). I'm not into Kamen much at all, but these two earn him a spot in my most-played list. smile

Just played:
    The Three Musketeers - Michel Legrand
    This is the 1973 (and superior) version of the story, with a superb cast and marvellous scripting. I can see where Timmer would prefer this score over Lalo Schifrin's The Four Musketeers, as it's flamboyant, quirky and contains a heavy helping of tongue-in-cheeck baroque, but it's the latter score -if only for the excellent and heartrending Athos' Theme that still retains my preference.
    In fact, I think I'll play it now. lick

Good play Martijn cool

And you do know I love Schifrin's score too!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I know. smile
    Like I said: merely a preference.
    Both are excellent! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I was Playing Casper (Horner)

Well, it's good enough for a listen.

The "spiderwick" theme...is scandolous. shame

NP:Planet Earth (Fenton)

Im triying hard... Really. it is the ninth time I try to listen the whole thing.

I'm wish to like it...But I can't. sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Planet Earth (Fenton)

Im triying hard... Really. it is the ninth time I try to listen the whole thing.

I'm wish to like it...But I can't. sad

Give it up Jordi, put it away for a year or more and then come back to it and see if you like it? All of our taste change over time, you may find you like it one day.....or maybe never!??
  6. PawelStroinski wrote
    Jerry Goldsmith - Air Force One

To honor the elections in the US. Good fun, nothing else. Hijacking is one of Goldsmith's best action pieces.

Hell yeah, that one track flatout beats every action score released these days. punk wink

Nautilus wrote
    I was Playing Casper (Horner)

Well, it's good enough for a listen.

The "spiderwick" theme...is scandolous. shame

Isn't it the other way around? confused
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Jerry Goldsmith - Air Force One

Indeed, this is a score that needs an official complete release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: The Tudors ~ Trevor Morris

I don't know what is more wonderful!The score or Jonathan Rhys Meyers?!
    Yeah I know...shame on me!!! shame tongue
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stavroula wrote
    NP: The Tudors ~ Trevor Morris

I don't know what is more wonderful!The score or Jonathan Rhys Meyers?!
    Yeah I know...shame on me!!! shame tongue

tsk tsk Stavi rolleyes biggrin wink