• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2009
    As much as I like both Craig-Arnold-Bond scores, they're no match for...

Tomorrow Never Dies David Arnold

I'm probably gonna make Thor shit himself here, but this is the complete version coming to 1 hour and 45 minutes. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2009 edited
    NP: Oorlogswinter (Winter in Wartime) - Pino Donaggio

First listen... gorgeous and oh so dark!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hmmm...interesting translation.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    Hmmm...interesting translation.

My apologies. I swtiched Winter and Wartime. shame

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote

I'm probably gonna make Thor shit himself here...

Why's that? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote

Why's that? confused

Doesn't like complete scores and prefers a well-produced album (probably to the dismay of many hardcore score fans). If you ask me, I just think he has a short attention span. biggrin wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote

Why's that? confused

Doesn't like complete scores and prefers a well-produced album (probably to the dismay of many hardcore score fans). If you ask me, I just think he has a short attention span. biggrin wink

All I say is thank fuck ( and Ceiling Cat ) that Thor has never and NEVER WILL BE in charge of the release of ANY film score albums!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote

Why's that? confused

All I say is thank fuck ( and Ceiling Cat ) that Thor has never and NEVER WILL BE in charge of the release of ANY film score albums!

Amen!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: Twilight - Carter Burwell

Nothing too special, unless you like screeching electric guitars, generic percussion, and one track of goregous piano and strings.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    William wrote
    NP: Twilight - Carter Burwell

Nothing too special, unless you like screeching electric guitars, generic percussion, and one track of goregous piano and strings.

Doesn't sound promising to me? The film can take a hike!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: Hook - John Williams

Excellent score! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2009
    NP:Kung Fu Panda (you know who)

Sacreed Pool Of tears

from 0:44 to 2:59 my favourite moment of 2008. And one of the most impressive moments I have heard in a long time...

I love every single moment of this score. It's one of the best scores of both composers. The percusive elements are simply amazing, specially in superb tracks like " trainning Po " (who everyone seems to dislike, excepts me)
  1. Hans Zimmer - Frost/Nixon

My most listened score recently. I love it.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : BLADERUNNER - Vangelis

Absolutely perfect for right now! punk cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    NP : BLADERUNNER - Vangelis

Absolutely perfect for right now! punk cool

I was about to play something else then suddenly realised how bolloxed I am....'night sleep
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote

Why's that? confused

biggrin

How can ANYBODY in their right mind hate completes of Tomorrow Never Dies, Raiders Of The Lost Ark etc....

Blasphemy! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Lets not start that discussion again. tongue

LET THE RIGHT ONE IN | johan söderqvist

Holy! Eli's Theme is magnificent. I hear some ideas from his score to After the Wedding, like the soft percussion loop in Eli and Oscar.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Defiance - James Newton Howard

Really gorgeous, JNH has delivered a wonderful score again!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:weather man (Zimmer)

I starting to love it. The soundscape is great.

I love this Cliff Martinez touch..Ala Wicked Park or Solaris. Sometimes hypnotic.

( a lot of Sound from Frost Nixon Started here)

Demetris, Why you didn't recommend me this score before, When I asked for Cliff Martinez Soundscapes??? dammed! wink
  2. And Da Vinci Code, and THe Ring...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Indy and the Last Crusade (expanded) - John Williams

Combining the tracks from Disc 5 also... this is AWESOME! An amazing musical experience, I LOVE it!! punk
  3. Southall wrote
    Milk - Danny Elfman

It was quite a year for Danny Elfman, and Milk rounds it off very well indeed.

I'm quite looking forward to hearing this one. Elfman has certainly had one of his best years in a long time.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. PawelStroinski wrote
    Hans Zimmer - Frost/Nixon

My most listened score recently. I love it.

As with Elfman's Milk, I'm looking forward to hearing this one. Is it Zimmer in his restrained mode?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Is it Zimmer in his restrained mode?

Yeah. And does it very beautifully! One of my favourite non-action scores!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Indy and the Last Crusade (expanded) - John Williams

Combining the tracks from Disc 5 also... this is AWESOME! An amazing musical experience, I LOVE it!! punk

I agree. On album it comes across as the strongest Indy score.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : LA RESA DEI CONTI ( aka THE BIG GUNDOWN ) - Ennio Morricone

Oh what FUN! This score has long been a favourite right from the days when I had it on Vinyl but this expanded CD is a godsend......FOOKIN BRILLIANT!

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: King Kong - James Newton Howard

A lot of people want a complete album but I'm really pleased with the way this one is arranged. A splendid mix of the delicate (A Fateful Meeting, Beautiful, Central Park), the aggressive (Last Blank Space On The Map, It's Deserted, Tooth And Claw) and the downright beautiful (Beauty Killed The Beast V). A fantastic album all round and one of my favourites from the composer in recent years.

cool
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    And considering it was written in three weeks (or some equally ridiculous amount of time)! beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    And considering it was written in three weeks (or some equally ridiculous amount of time)! beer

It ain't no KRULL though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Of course it isn't. But it's still cracking.