• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2009
    LSH wrote
    Of course it isn't. But it's still cracking.

Didn't Horner do KRULL in two weeks though!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Medal Of Honor - Rising Sun - Christopher Lennertz

Amazing, IMO almost as good as Giacchino's scores!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I absolutely adore Gun by Lennertz - truly one of my favourite game scores ever!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    LSH wrote
    Of course it isn't. But it's still cracking.

Didn't Horner do KRULL in two weeks though!?

Yeah, well MY Dad drives a truck! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Inkheart (Javier Navarrete)

Not bad. Works for me so far.

Good, but it has too much of the "mm" danger factor for me biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Inkheart (Javier Navarrete)

Not bad. Works for me so far.

Good, but it has too much of the "mm" danger factor for me biggrin

"mm"? confused
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Multi Mega?
    Musically Magnificent?
    Must Mimic (specific musical style reserved for J. Horner)
    Major Mammaries?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    MainTitles Meeting?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    mickey mousing shocked biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Rambo: First Blood Part II Jerry Goldsmith

More manly than a jug of dodecahydrocyclopentaphenanthrenone.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    NP: Bolt - John Powell

I'm still enjoying this a lot. I love the action tracks, and most of the softer moments like "The RV Park" are quite good too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Largo Winch Alexendre Desplat

Giving Anthony's playlist a try (I'm always interested to hear someone else's interpretation of what they think makes a better listen).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2009 edited
    Steven wrote

Giving Anthony's playlist a try (I'm always interested to hear someone else's interpretation of what they think makes a better listen).

Hey, I'm listening to this at the moment too! cheesy

Let me know what you think!
  1. Christodoulides wrote

Oh! I thought you were referring to me in some way, since my name is Michael McLennan. wink

To be honest, INKHEART is about the only pure sci-fi/fantasy score I can think of this year that I enjoyed. HELLBOY II was also good, but apart from those two, it's been a barren year for that genre.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    NP: La Lune - Chris Tilton

Gorgeous. It reminds me of something else but I can't quite put my finger on it...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    100 Rifles - Jerry Goldsmith

Can't be bothered to trawl through recent scores to try to find something worth hearing - I'll save that "pleasure" for later. Now this is where it's at!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote

Hey, I'm listening to this at the moment too! cheesy

Let me know what you think!

Well, to be honest I'm not very familiar with it in the first place. But it seemed to work very well as an album listen, so I'll leave it as your playlist methinks.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I also edited out that stupidly loud brass bit that occurs about 1 minute into Nerio's Theme (it has no place being there!) and tagged the first half of "Mato Grosso Escape" that's on the LW website to the beginning of the track.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote

Aaaaah! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Beowulf - Alan Silvestri

One badass testosterone-fueled action score! I love it! I only wish the film version of Beowulf Slays The Beast was on here...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: Fly Away Home - Mark Isham

Now I'm back to my small flat, because my New Year's Holiday is over... For the next 2 months I have many things to do! Finishing my research project for graduation, taking bothering procedures to enter the graduate school and to get a scholarship... dizzy dizzy dizzy

So I want to play something uplifting to cheer me up. smile

But I had a great fun during the holiday. Feasts, lots of fun chatting, meeting with young relatives, money gift from grandma (Japanese tradition of New Years' Days), and bird watching with my family and my dog. dog This score is the most appropriate to play while seeing the photos of wild geese we took! biggrin
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  2. Welcome in 2009, Miya smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2009 edited
    Miya wrote
    NP: Fly Away Home - Mark Isham

Now I'm back to my small flat, because my New Year's Holiday is over... For the next 2 months I have many things to do! Finishing my research project for graduation, taking bothering procedures to enter the graduate school and to get a scholarship... dizzy dizzy dizzy

So I want to play something uplifting to cheer me up. smile

But I had a great fun during the holiday. Feasts, lots of fun chatting, meeting with young relatives, money gift from grandma (Japanese tradition of New Years' Days), and bird watching with my family and my dog. dog This score is the most appropriate to play while seeing the photos of wild geese we took! biggrin

Sounds really great! biggrin wink

And a belated Happy New Year! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Oh yes, I forgot to say!

beer Akemashite Omedetou! Happy New Year! kiss

What's the most appropriate music for this greeting?

NP: fireworks Millennium Celebration: Reflections Of Earth - Gavin Greenaway fireworks
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    NP - "Theme & Waltz" from Murder on the Orient Express - Richard Rodney Bennett

Delightful orchestral jazz, featuring the film's pompous opening music followed by the fantastic waltz that accompanies the train taking off from the station.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Michael Collins - Elliot Goldenthal

Decided to check out Goldenthal stuff. Quite nice, I like the action stuff. But I think it'll take me some time to get used to smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: My Neighbor Totoro - Joe Hisaishi

I play this when I get homesick. hehe
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: The Lion King (bootleg + songs) - Score by King Hans, Songs by Sir Elton & Sir Tim biggrin

I'm reading a fan-made comic about Mufasa & Scar's past (I know this kind of stuff is only for crazy fangirls/boys, but it's really well-made, imo) and what else could be more appropriate to listen? bunny

Excellent score and songs (both songwriting & arrangement) anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Miya wrote
    NP: The Lion King (bootleg + songs) - Score by King Hans, Songs by Sir Elton & Sir Tim biggrin

I'm reading a fan-made comic about Mufasa & Scar's past (I know this kind of stuff is only for crazy fangirls/boys, but it's really well-made, imo) and what else could be more appropriate to listen? bunny

Excellent score and songs (both songwriting & arrangement) anyway.

I read some of those too, quite interesting. But the movie is the best of them all! Cannot say enough about my all-time favourite score which really needs a proper expanded version! punk

NP: The Lion King - Hans Zimmer

My version which combines the stereo tracks from the bootleg and the Stampede (...To Die For) track from the OST. Sadly amazing tracks like the full Stampede cue, film version of Under The Stars, Simba/Nala reunion are all left out. If there's a score whose proper good quality expanded version I truly desire to have, it is this!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    DemonStar wrote
    If there's a score whose proper good quality expanded version I truly desire to have, it is this!

WE KNOW!!!

biggrin