• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2009 edited
    LSH wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    If there's a score whose proper good quality expanded version I truly desire to have, it is this!

WE KNOW!!!

biggrin

Don't look at me, she started it!! wink biggrin

(Miya, you got the TLK reference? wink )

NP: Broken Arrow (Complete) - Hans Zimmer

A very fine action score IMO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    DemonStar wrote
    LSH wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    If there's a score whose proper good quality expanded version I truly desire to have, it is this!

WE KNOW!!!

biggrin

Don't look at me, she started it!! wink biggrin

(Miya, you got the TLK reference? wink )

Yep http://www.lionking.org/imgarchive/Act_ … ingLeg.jpg

biggrin

p.s. your avatar icon is awesome. biggrin

NP: Just finishing up TLK with Sir Elton's singing. Caaaaan you feel the looooove tonight?
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Miya wrote
    p.s. your avatar icon is awesome. biggrin

Thanks! beer

NP: Enchanted - Alan Menken

Haven't played it in a while, a very sweet score with a terrific action cue!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : HANNIBAL - Hans Zimmer

Very enjoyable score cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Miya wrote
    Oh yes, I forgot to say!

beer Akemashite Omedetou! Happy New Year! kiss

What's the most appropriate music for this greeting?

NP: fireworks Millennium Celebration: Reflections Of Earth - Gavin Greenaway fireworks

Thanks Miya! At last I can say this in Japanese! How is Merry CHristmas?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Defiance - James Newton Howard

Ya... easily one of the best of 2008! Broader than Schindler's List... more meat on it's bones and way more dramatic. Don't really see the comparisons. A few violin solos but not in the same style as Williams' Schindler's List. Anywho... GREAT score!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: The Water Horse ~ The Legend of the Deep

I just returned from a long and wonderful day of shopping with my love. We didn't have the chance to go before and we had much fun picking books and clothes and buying them for each other. So I'm very happy and I feel relaxed and smiling. I wanted something lyrical and beautiful while I'm enjoying my new books and a cup of hot jasmine tea! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    ?'§ié
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Bregt wrote
    ?'§ié

I guess you refer to the "nnn"! My phone rung while I started writing, I got scared by the sound and mistakendly wrote what you read! No secret code or hedden messages! tongue
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    kiss

I was testing something:

?????? is cool! wink

(Miya, can you try using Japanese charachters?)
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ????!!!! ??? ??? ?? Bregt, ????? ???????!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    ????????!!!?????? ?????????? ??????????!!!! Bregt ????? ??????!!! kiss
    ???? ??? ???????!!! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ???? ??? ???????? ???! kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    shame kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I am perfect! biggrin
    Kazoo
  2. Erik Woods wrote

Ya... easily one of the best of 2008! Broader than Schindler's List... more meat on it's bones and way more dramatic. Don't really see the comparisons. A few violin solos but not in the same style as Williams' Schindler's List. Anywho... GREAT score!

-Erik-

Are you suggesting that this score is better than SCHINDLER'S LIST? shocked

NP: Curious Case of Benjamin Button (Desplat)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  3. Oh, maybe we can use some ??????
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. I was tidying up my hard drive and I came across several of Patrik Pietschmann's piano arrangements of themes from Rambo, Pearl Harbor, The Chronicles of Narnia, Transformers & X-Men III that someone highlighted to everyone some time ago.

http://www.patrik-pietschmann.com/en/download.html

Nice. But what happened to the Pirates of The Caribbean piece? Yet to be uploaded or has he been instructed to removed the said suite?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. I came across a jazzed-up version of John Williams' theme to Jaws that was put together by Lalo Schifrin the other day:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_dmu … =0&y=0

cool
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2009
    franz_conrad wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Are you suggesting that this score is better than SCHINDLER'S LIST? shocked

No, just a different style. Comparisons begin with the films subject matter. Jews, WWII, etc. Then James Newton Howard uses a solo violin, Williams used a solo violin in Schindler's List and therefore the scores have to be similar and discussed together. But those are the two ONLY comparisons you can make. They are totally different scores. And no, Defiance ISN'T better than Schindler's List but it IS a damn fine score.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  6. Ah, I see! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It IS a damn fine score. Erik, nobody said Jnh Plagiarized or even remotely side-walked to the score of Schindler's list as the two men's musical identities couldn't be any more dissimilar. But the musical philosophy behind Defiance is relevant to the other score and so is the frame behind the two films. If JNH ever wrote his Shindler's list so far, this would be Defiance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    It IS a damn fine score. Erik, nobody said Jnh Plagiarized or even remotely side-walked to the score of Schindler's list as the two men's musical identities couldn't be any more dissimilar. But the musical philosophy behind Defiance is relevant to the other score and so is the frame behind the two films. If JNH ever wrote his Shindler's list so far, this would be Defiance.

Yes, that's what I mean when I say Schindler's List. I say "What comes to mind is this is JNH's Schindler's List".... that is NOT to say this is or is like Schindler's List. And yes, the only comparison (musically) is the violin solos. There are little comparisons in my mind... in my drunken state at least.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Yes, that's what I mean when I say Schindler's List. I say "What comes to mind is this is JNH's Schindler's List".... that is NOT to say this is or is like Schindler's List. And yes, the only comparison (musically) is the violin solos. There are little comparisons in my mind... in my drunken state at least.

You're drunk.....on a MONDAY!? dizzy

cool beer <--mine is just hot chocolate
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik, nobody said Jnh Plagiarized or even remotely side-walked to the score of Schindler's list as the two men's musical identities couldn't be any more dissimilar.

Who said ANYTHING about plagiarizing?! confused And I mentioned in my post that the styles were completely different I'm not quite sure I understand your point there. confused

Christodoulides wrote
    But the musical philosophy behind Defiance is relevant to the other score and so is the frame behind the two films. If JNH ever wrote his Shindler's list so far, this would be Defiance.

I would disagree! Schindler's List is a far more intimate, smaller, simplistic score. JNH's score is far more dramatic, larger, in more of a suspense/thriller style than anything else. You didn't hear ANY of that in Schindler's List.

-Erik-
  7. 'Simplistic' feels like a poor choice of words to compare John Williams' writing to even one of James Newton Howard's best. But I agree, SCHINDLER'S LIST was not after epic feelings (Spielberg's imagery provided that). wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    franz_conrad wrote
    'Simplistic' feels like a poor choice of words to compare John Williams' writing to even one of James Newton Howard's best.

Not sure how I can express it any better. confused Loss for words.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    WP: Fly Away Home - Mark Isham

A wonderful, uplifting score that deserves a release to the general public. This is probably my favorite Mark Isham score.

NP: Whispers of the Heart - Yuji Nomi

Another great score! It is a great companion piece to Fly Away Home, since they both are relaxing and bittersweet.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2009 edited
    Stavroula wrote
    NP: The Water Horse ~ The Legend of the Deep

I just returned from a long and wonderful day of shopping with my love. We didn't have the chance to go before and we had much fun picking books and clothes and buying them for each other. So I'm very happy and I feel relaxed and smiling. I wanted something lyrical and beautiful while I'm enjoying my new books and a cup of hot jasmine tea! smile

For a long time, this was one of my most played scores. I haven't listened to it for quite some time, but thanks for the reminder smile James Newton Howard does a wonderful job with family films. Hopefully his Airbender score will follow this tradition.