• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2008
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : [small]nothing[/small]

I just realised how crap I feel and had to turn the music off.

I'm going to lie down....bye slant

Tempus omnia destruit. sad
    Hope you feel better soon! wave (lightweight biggrin wink )

Yeah, I deserved that wink

Anyway, I can't tolerate people who wallow in self pity so I took my own medicine, got up off the couch and went out cycling for an hour to sweat out all that poison, came back and had a shower and played RAMBO : FIRST BLOOD PART II.

I'm feelin a whole lot better! punk cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Defiance James Newton Howard

I listened to the whole album and felt it needed a lot of trimming, it didn't keep my interest as much as I hoped it would. So, here's my 33 minute playlist:

Main Titles
    Zus Breaks Down
    Town Motorcycle Attack
    Moving Town Exodus
    Leaving Grotto
    Camp Montage
    Tuvia Gets Well
    Air Raid
    Escaping The Infantry
    Swamp
    Tank

I think I'm impressed with this score... I think I need to see the movie though.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Steven wrote

I listened to the whole album and felt it needed a lot of trimming, it didn't keep my interest as much as I hoped it would. So, here's my 33 minute playlist:

Main Titles
    Zus Breaks Down
    Town Motorcycle Attack
    Moving Town Exodus
    Leaving Grotto
    Camp Montage
    Tuvia Gets Well
    Air Raid
    Escaping The Infantry
    Swamp
    Tank

I think I'm impressed with this score... I think I need to see the movie though.

I really enjoyed it as well. And a playlist does help. Can't wait for this one. we have three WWII movies coming out in the next couple of months!!!!! yes!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Have you ever been in love with a cue?Something that stirs you up emorionally in a very close way your loved one does?I find myself in a storm of emotion each time I listen to it.

NP:Love Scene ~ El Cid -Miklos Rozsa
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    biggrin You have EXCELLENT taste!! punk

(Any Rozsa convert/fan gets my endorsement!)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Unbreakable James Newton Howard

I feel like Mr. Glass at the moment.

My back is hurt. That's what I'm saying. I'm reminding everyone of how much pain I'm in so I can get sympathy. That's how it works.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote

I feel like Mr. Glass at the moment.[/blue

Breakable?

[blue]My back is hurt. That's what I'm saying. I'm reminding everyone of how much pain I'm in so I can get sympathy. That's how it works.

Self-pity doesn't backome you, young master Elfman!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. A little of "The Omega Man" (Ron Grainer) on my way back from walking.

Why ... my back is just fine! tongue
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote

I feel like Mr. Glass at the moment.[/blue

Breakable?

[blue]My back is hurt. That's what I'm saying. I'm reminding everyone of how much pain I'm in so I can get sympathy. That's how it works.

Self-pity doesn't backome you, young master Elfman!

I recommend a100 press ups for the silky boy! wink

To be fair though, genuine pain is a lot different from a self inflicted hangover. Get yourself to a doctor Steven who'll probably recommend a good physio.

NP : ZULU - John Barry

Excellent! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : [small]nothing[/small]

I just realised how crap I feel and had to turn the music off.

I'm going to lie down....bye slant

Tempus omnia destruit. sad
    Hope you feel better soon! wave (lightweight biggrin wink )

Yeah, I deserved that wink

Anyway, I can't tolerate people who wallow in self pity so I took my own medicine, got up off the couch and went out cycling for an hour to sweat out all that poison, came back and had a shower and played RAMBO : FIRST BLOOD PART II.

I'm feelin a whole lot better! punk cool

ZULU has fired me up! I'm going out drinking again tonight and I'm gonna drink twice as much as last night just to prove what a lightweight poof I was last night.

So there! tongue beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Looking forward to discussing international politics and philospohical and ethical conundrums with you tomorrow morning. wave
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Looking forward to discussing international politics and philospohical and ethical conundrums with you tomorrow morning. wave

Can't wait biggrin wink beer
  2. Something for Steven to get better:

NP: Emergency Room - James Newton Howard
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2008
    Eric wrote
    Iron Will - Joel McNeely

A great adventurous & playful score .
    One of my favourites of Joel McNeely ... punk

I agree. I've played it in the car a lot recently. It makes nice driving music. Its like a breath of fresh air.

NP: Madagascar - Hans Zimmer

I always thought people were too harsh on this score. I wish more was released, to tell the truth. I really like the Beacon of Liberty track, even though some of you said you disliked it. I'm glad the second score has more music released. I hope its good.

NP: The Eye - Marco Beltrami

It isn't anything special, but I'm glad it has a consistent melody throughout the score. I enjoy this music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    gayest James Bond music

I'm trying to understand what that means... was it making love to men? Was it pink? Did it feature the Village People?

Was it 70s? or 80s?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    John Debney - Sudden Death

Good action score from the usually comedy guy and interestingly, rather overlooked. Sounds a bit JNH meets Goldsmith, but if you are aware of some rhythmic sensibilities it foreshadows the more succesful score to End of Days (from the same director, incidentally).

Good score from times when the Zimmerish ensemble prevailed without the scores sounding like Zimmer himself.

From what era is that?
  3. Merry Christmas - Phillipe Rombi

Really beautiful stuff. Rombi is a composer I'm happy to have recently discovered. I hope he goes far.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    christopher wrote
    Merry Christmas - Phillipe Rombi

Really beautiful stuff. Rombi is a composer I'm happy to have recently discovered. I hope he goes far.

Couldn't agree more. What other Rombi scores do you have? Got Angel yet?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    christopher wrote
    Merry Christmas - Phillipe Rombi

Couldn't agree more.

You´ve beaten me for a few seconds D! smile
    Glad you´ve discovered Rombi, Christopher. I discovered him about a year ago and was highly impressed by his music.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: A League Of Their Own (complete) - Hans Zimmer

The official tracks are from the best moments of all, indeed, but still a lot of great stuff is left here. I love the quiet tracks as well as the extraordinarily fun jazzy orchestra fuss!

Now here is the 13 min. track of The Final Game... lick
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn wrote
    gayest James Bond music

I'm trying to understand what that means... was it making love to men? Was it pink? Did it feature the Village People?

Was it 70s? or 80s?

Read back through the last page or so.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Miya wrote
    NP: A League Of Their Own (complete) - Hans Zimmer

The official tracks are from the best moments of all, indeed, but still a lot of great stuff is left here. I love the quiet tracks as well as the extraordinarily fun jazzy orchestra fuss!

Now here is the 13 min. track of The Final Game... lick

That score deserved more than two tracks on CD. His quieter music has a beautiful theme and quite a contrast with the foot tapping track!

NP K Pax Edward Shearmur Cool ambiant music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: Little Women - Thomas Newman

I just watched the film... it's very good! And now I adore this score much more. I should check out more movies he scored. (Can't wait for Wall-E!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End - Hans Zimmer

I have a tendency to play this when I'm cooking. cheesy

I love the love theme! And everything in the last 4 tracks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Ugh I cooked my dinner too salty. Maybe I should blame the PotC music in the background.

NP: A League Of Their Own - Hans Zimmer

One more time!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Prince of Egypt - Hans Zimmer

My #2 most favourite Zimmer score ever. I want to turn on The Chariot Race when driving!

Hopefully on a not-so-traffic-filled road
    wink
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    John Debney - Sudden Death

Good action score from the usually comedy guy and interestingly, rather overlooked. Sounds a bit JNH meets Goldsmith, but if you are aware of some rhythmic sensibilities it foreshadows the more succesful score to End of Days (from the same director, incidentally).

Good score from times when the Zimmerish ensemble prevailed without the scores sounding like Zimmer himself.

From what era is that?

http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven

Enjoying much more now that I cut it down to 33 minutes. The theme more than deserves to be on any JNH compilation, it's beautiful. What a fantastic composer, it's so great to hear him produce stuff like this after a score like Michael Clayton.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote

Enjoying much more now that I cut it down to 33 minutes. The theme more than deserves to be on any JNH compilation, it's beautiful. What a fantastic composer, it's so great to hear him produce stuff like this after a score like Michael Clayton.

Agree; i've been deeply impressed by his outcome from WATER HORSE (including) onwards.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yep, and I still think The Happening is one of the better scores from 2008. May not always make a pleasant listen, but at least it's intelligent film music (or at least intelligent music).