• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I found this old breif article from 1964. For interest's sake:

Composer Upset Over Music Role HOLLYWOOD

Composer Ernest Gold, who won an Academy Award for his "Exodus" score, says "Music for television plays is pitiful and painful. I prefer to watch wrestling where the laughs don't have to be underscored." Gold also says he resents the abuse of music "as a piece of interior decoration while reading, talking or at the dentist. This constant hearing of music dulls us to listening fully to music, like the man who goes to a fine restaurant for dinner after having nibbled all afternoon."
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2014
    justin boggan wrote
    I found this old breif article from 1964. For interest's sake:

Composer Upset Over Music Role HOLLYWOOD

Composer Ernest Gold, who won an Academy Award for his "Exodus" score, says "Music for television plays is pitiful and painful. I prefer to watch wrestling where the laughs don't have to be underscored." Gold also says he resents the abuse of music "as a piece of interior decoration while reading, talking or at the dentist. This constant hearing of music dulls us to listening fully to music, like the man who goes to a fine restaurant for dinner after having nibbled all afternoon."

I recall Stravinsky saying film music was the filling of empty holes in movies.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  2. Though that might have been influenced by his own bad experience with Hollywood.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website