• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2009
    franz_conrad wrote
    Sunil, it's not like his name is John Powell or Hans Zimmer now. wink

Or Michael Giacchino or Brian Tyler.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    lol hi Thor, How are you? How is your Indian musical journey? smile
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sunil wrote
    lol hi Thor, How are you? How is your Indian musical journey? smile

Not much new since the last time we talked, I'm afraid (14 days ago?). wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Oh! That's pity. biggrin
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Hi Thor,

How are you?

Have a nice day.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2009
    Evens Steven biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. It seems that Howard Shore has replaced John Corigliano on Edge of Darkness according to the movie poster's credits. I really hope the rejected score which was recorded last spring will come out at some point as I've heard some very positive things about it.

http://impawards.com/2010/edge_of_darkness.html
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2009
    That's very disappointing. A good replacement but I was looking forward to a new Corigliano score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Was very much looking forward to hearing the Corigliano score. Shore is also a rather unusual choice, I have to say, so I look forward to his score too - just not as much!
  2. How incredibly disappointing. Even if Howard Shore is better than others.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Shore? Replacing Corigliano? Most disappointing news this year. Even if this score won't be as dull as his last year or so (which is very improbable if you ask me), still it will be miles behind what Corigliano could deliver at his best.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I wouldn't go that far D, Shore is a far more experienced film composer than Corigliano.
  3. Christodoulides wrote...still it will be miles behind what Corigliano could deliver at his best.

I'd be interested to hear your reasoning on this part.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    RED VIOLIN. That's my reason.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    I wouldn't go that far D, Shore is a far more experienced film composer than Corigliano.

Apart LORD OF THE RINGS, i'd say Corigliano is a more experienced composer for sure. Maybe not a film composer per se, but still his work is admirable.
  4. Timmer wrote

But it's because Corigliano isn't a film composer that this was most interesting. He brings in ideas film composers either wouldn't think to try out, or have been told not to bother with.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    Timmer wrote

But it's because Corigliano isn't a film composer that this was most interesting. He brings in ideas film composers either wouldn't think to try out, or have been told not to bother with.

And that's the reason I was disappointed he will no longer be scoring.
  5. Well do something about it, damn it! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2009
    Will do!

But where do I start? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    http://moviescoremagazine.com/2009/10/s … -darkness/

FYI, Howard Shore is scoring another film for the same film company as well. Check it out!

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    This sucks. sad
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    This sucks. sad

It doesn't really suck but it does suck a bit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2009 edited
    WORST FUCKING NEWS OF THE YEAR!!!!

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik's taken the news rather well I see. wink
  6. I'm looking into the score. Getting permission to give a desciption of what it sounded like (which sound interesting, by the way). Corigliano is away, traveling with a new opera he's made, so I can't get comment (even if he would; don't know).
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2009
    I actually feel like Erik's the only one agreeing with me 100%.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

Well, if they'd replaced Corigliano with Tyler Bates, THAT would be bad news but it's Howard Shore so, IMO, not such bad news.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    I think this is the most disappointing film music news since the rejection of Goldsmith's Timeline score. Corigliano is my favourite composer and I was really looking forward to this. I wonder if maybe the score got a little too busy for the film? Let's see, I'm hoping to get a comment from Corigliano through his publisher who I spoke with and who said that he'd done a "magnificent" score for the film. Stay tuned.

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Well, if they'd replaced Corigliano with Tyler Bates, THAT would be bad news but it's Howard Shore so, IMO, not such bad news.

I don't care WHO the replacement composer is... even if it was John Williams... this is still the WORST F__KING NEWS OF THE YEAR! Corigliano is an OUTSTANDING composer who has written 3 OUTSTANDING and DIVERSE film scores and I think it would have been a breath of fresh air to hear another film score by this incredibly talented man.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    It was also a rare opportunity to hear a film score conducted by Leonard Slatkin, who is one of the best conductors of contemporary orchestral music. I don't think he will return to the film business after this disappointing experience...

mc