• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Welcome to the razzle dazzle game. Action music consists in all forms and sounds, but I like it when the composer gives us power, rhythm and energy through an action moment. Here you'll find at least 20 of the 100 moments I adore so much. If you wanna play then think at least of these little stats:

20 Tracks: guess the score and the composer + a Bonus track (5 points worth)

Each correct answer is 1 point, so 20 x 2 + bonus of 5 makes for 45 points to earn

All samples are in chronological order and most are fairly recent. Tip (no score before 1980 is featured in the game considering I'm young and most guys here are as well).

Of the 20 scores know this:
    - All 20 cues have received an original soundtrack release
    - There are 2 composers who are featured twice, 2 composers are heard even more
    - Whoever that doesn't guess Track 1, 2, 3 and 7 will be banned from this site, even if its you Bregt
    wink

Hints

1. all fairytales begin with "once upon a time", this saga introduced us another line
    2. box, oh heavenly box
    3. the word is no, therefore I am going anyway
    4. on mars they are desperate for air
    5. I thought going to school was tough, but this is even worse
    6. a beaver shot it took to get a cult status
    7. Bad Dawg, and then BOOM
    8. the full release contained this ambush cue amongst many other brilliant ones
    9. I say K'ill Em All (and so they did)
    10. Benny ran away, but the music haunted Rick towards a dead end
    11. state of liberty fight alert
    12. it appeared in my first guess the score game as well, luckily the album is so diverse
    13. fool's gold if you believe it wont make contact with you, amistad and batman begins boys
    14. it is the only thing that makes our work worth it
    15. a woman underscoring a european movie, and apparently someone made a review of it
    16. bregt said something of 300 vocals that opened this disc, awesome
    17. I bullshit you not. I will bleed on the American flag to make sure those stripes stay red
    18. they want to make a fourth one of this? I hope it's as good as this third one
    19. call it a female mad max flick, I hope you enjoy the descent in this one
    20. this composer heard one word clear, it will be FAST, thing is, he thrives on speed
    bonus: just to ask you a stupid question: which car would you like to throw of a plane?

Let the Games Begin cheesy

https://rcpt.yousendit.com/621839995/bc … 8a43e10cff
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008
    Now this is my kind of game! Still some amazing stuff I've never heard before! Initial guesses are in...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008
    Ah, will definitely check out this one! biggrin punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

[b]20 Tracks: guess the score and the composer + a Bonus track (5 points worth)

Each correct answer is 1 point, so 20 x 2 + bonus of 5 makes for 45 points to earn

Hints will follow, whoever that guesses them before the hints are posted will receive 2 points more (like as done in the previous games)

I haven't played previous games, but does that mean for each guess we get in before the hints are up are worth 1 point for film, 1 point for composer, and 2 points for guessing with no help? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    No - just a one-off bonus of 2 points in total (if Thomas is following the same protocol as others have done recently).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    mmm, how can I open .rar file on mac?
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  2. Southall wrote
    No - just a one-off bonus of 2 points in total (if Thomas is following the same protocol as others have done recently).

indeed, like James says here, everyone will get a bonus of 2 points if you at least have one correct guess wink
  3. Just a quick word, I've changed an error in the first post, there are only 2 composers who appear twice, and 2 composers who appear more, so perhaps this can ring a bell for some

And now the poles, Obama "Southal" is so far president of this game, followed closely by Antineutrino "Biden" who is the first one to have guessed the bonus. FalkirkBairn is the third in line

Anthony "McCain" (has a nice ring to it eh wink ) so far is miles away from winning, and after him is Bregt "Pailin" (sorry Bregt, someone had to be her but I know you like her tongue biggrin )

Anyhoo, enough with numbers, here are the first official lists of who's president of the action game

1. Southal: 25 points wave
    2. Antineutrino: 21 points
    3. FalkirkBairn: 20 points
    4. Anthony: 18 points
    5. Bregt: 17 points
    6. Zirael: 13 points sleep

Guessed the Bonus: Antineutrino punk

Who think they can beat Obama here? because Southal does seem like he's invincible smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Anthony "McCain" (has a nice ring to it eh wink ) so far is miles away from winning

I find this insulting! tongue

I'm 7 points behind Southall. How am I miles away? biggrin
  4. Anthony wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Anthony "McCain" (has a nice ring to it eh wink ) so far is miles away from winning

I'm trying to make it accurate as possible considering today's events! And be glad I didn't make you Palin tongue
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    Looks like I'll be banned. shocked
  5. Miya wrote

Can you open .zip files? Get me on PM if you can, I might make a ZIP for you and mail you if you have enough on your mailbox smile If not, we'll find a way. You have MSN?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  6. PawelStroinski wrote
    Miya wrote

Can you open .zip files? Get me on PM if you can, I might make a ZIP for you and mail you if you have enough on your mailbox smile If not, we'll find a way. You have MSN?

yep we'll find a way, I can do a zip of the file as well, or as said through msn anything is possible wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2008
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I'm trying to make it accurate as possible considering today's events! And be glad I didn't make you Palin tongue

I'd rather be Stalin to be honest. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorzirael
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Zirael is Bush, who didn't even have a chance to get some votes, sorry Zirael my boy shame

Why do folks still think I'm a guy? rolleyes

I don't think the political ribbing is very tactful, especially since immediately after the election people's feelings are still close to the surface. Plus, there might be more conservative members of this forum that could be offended by your placement of certain politicians.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    SO far I recognised only 2 on first listen tongue

I guess I'll risk banning and send 'em in anyway wink biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2008 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Miya wrote

yep we'll find a way, I can do a zip of the file as well, or as said through msn anything is possible wink

I found a free expander software. Thank you anyway smile

and I'm listening now.... dizzy oops I'll be banned dizzy wink
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  7. zirael wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Zirael is Bush, who didn't even have a chance to get some votes, sorry Zirael my boy shame

I don't think the political ribbing is very tactful, especially since immediately after the election people's feelings are still close to the surface. Plus, there might be more conservative members of this forum that could be offended by your placement of certain politicians.

sorry my lady wink but I think we all asume everybody's a guy here unless you mention it in your profile or through a photo, but I'll try to remember it from now on smile

Secondly this political stab is a satire and I'm almost never serious, so if people (and politicians spin ) have a problem with that, then they are clearly wasting their time here

bah, the only thing I reget is not realizing you're female Zirael, so my apologies smile
  8. Update, ERIK WOODS joins the party and this game is over, well practically wink
    Also wonderful work of our boys Steven and Jim while Demonstar knows one thing well enough, being last is not horrible considering he at least scored more points than me once wink

1. Erik Woods: 41 points shocked
    2. Jim Ware: 35 points cool
    3. Steven: 32 points smile
    4. lp: 30 points wave
    5. Southal: 25 points
    6. Antineutrino: 21 points
    7. FalkirkBairn: 20 points
    8. Anthony: 18 points
    9. Bregt: 17 points
    10. Zirael: 13 points
    11. Demonstar: 4 points sleep

Guessed the bonus: Antineutrino & Erik Woods punk

Now, who's next to join this fine companionship of winners?
    Ps, due to the hints, all clips have been guessed one beer
  9. Hints added!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    HHAHA, I beat Southall!

Sure! By only one point, but whatever!
  10. lp wrote
    HHAHA, I beat Southall!

Sure! By only one point, but whatever!

not any more, now you have 5 points more

But I'm guessing now maximum scores will rain
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    zirael wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I am sorry to be rude but how the fudge were we supposed to know this?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    I am sorry to be rude but how the fudge were we supposed to know this?

Because she did mention it several times in the past, D. smile

zirael wrote: Plus, there might be more conservative members of this forum that could be offended by your placement of certain politicians.

Possibly.
    Possibly there might conservative members on this forum with a sense of humour and putting things into perspective who could be offended by you stereotyping them as fundamentalists taking offense at anything.

Oh dear. shocked
    maybe there are fundamentalists on this forum who took offense at that last statement above.
    For the record: I am deeply sorry. shame
    God forbid I would willingly insult anyone.
    (Sorry, atheists! Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorzirael
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2008 edited
    I know the political "ranking" was intended as tongue-in-cheek and probably overreacted, but I live in one of the battleground states, North Carolina, and had to listen to plenty of my clients complain about Obama the day after the election.

Perhaps the politically conservative soundtrack listeners could not care less and only check out this site occasionally, but I thought it would be nice to be more inclusive if you want to attract more folks to Maintitles.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2008
    Will give this a try this weekend.

Let's keep the political talk (even in jest) out of this game. There's already a thread for politics for those interested (Obama versus McCain)
  11. Update, Demonstar tries to break free from last spot and adds 4 points extra to make that happen, Ranietz is our 12th contender and secures himself firmly in the middle smile while nr. 13 is joining us a little bit after that, is this a record of persons playing?

However, Erik stays on top of this growing list of men

1. Erik Woods: 41 points shocked
    2. Jim Ware: 35 points cool
    3. Steven: 32 points smile
    4. lp: 30 points
    5. Ranietz: 26 points cheesy
    6. Southal: 25 points
    7. Antineutrino & Christopher: 21 points
    8. FalkirkBairn: 20 points
    9. Anthony: 18 points
    10. Bregt: 17 points
    11. Zirael: 13 points
    12. Demonstar: 8 points wave

Guessed the bonus: Antineutrino, Christopher & Erik Woods punk

Now, who's next to join this fine companionship of winners?
    Ps, due to the hints, all clips have been guessed
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2008
    As long as I beat Bregt, I'm cool with it. Long has it been since our last battle.
  12. Tomorrow, I'm gone for about 2 days, so you may send your guesses but I will not be able to respond until tuesday, I think I can close the game on wednesday then

I'm off to greet Mickey and his friends in Disney Paris wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2008
    Just wait until I smash your back Steven. Pain will become your partner for the rest of your life!
    Kazoo