• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008
    WANT
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Cool. Looks like a classy Swedish thriller (strange that I haven't even heard about this). But it seems to be about vampires?! I thought you hated that stuff?!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Pass thx.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008 edited
    IMPRESSIVE film. I watched it some weeks ago at the Sitges Film Festival and the audience was really excited about it (Gold Méliès award in the "Best European Movie" category by the way). Moving and sad, tender and brutal. No jokes, no funny one liners by the main characters.
    And yes, it is about a vampire. And no, it is not the classical vampire story, I mean, not the brainless good guy Vs vampires with a final bloody battle kinda movie, or the boring good Vs evil kinda film. It is a love story. Highly recommended.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Anthony wrote
    Pass thx.

Why?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008 edited
    Thor wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Pass thx.

Why?

He'll probably go and watch the american crap remake once they realize how good this film is, like they do via slaughtering all the promising independent / small - production european films out there. wink kiss tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thor wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Pass thx.

Why?

He'll probably go and watch the american crap remake once they realize how good this film is, like they do via slaughtering all the promising independent / small - production european films out there. wink kiss tongue

In this case I´m sure the american remake will be crap. It won´t be even close to the great original film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2008
    And SOUND CLIPS from the SCORE, we shouldn't forget wink

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=10784
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2009
    Fantastic film! There's really not much more to say. Everybody ought to see this one. It's social realism, but it's also horror. It's about a vampire, but it's also about friendship. It's about loneliness, but it's also about love. Beautifully shot, beautifully acted, nice score. A few effective chills. But mostly it's a drama.

Go see it, if you have the chance. And see the Swedish original. Don't wait for a remake which will undoubtedly suck.
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Of course it will suck, the remake. I haven't viewed the film yet but i've heard the best comments from those who have and the score is simply beautiful!
  1. Christodoulides wrote
    ...the score is simply beautiful!

Granted, "Eli's Theme" is beautiful but so far I'm struggling to see what all the fuss is about.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    The score worked nicely in the film, but I must say it didn't jump out at me and make me take notice. But the film itself...
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's a completely different musical experience on CD. Very emotional.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2009 edited
    Mogens wrote
    Fantastic film! There's really not much more to say. Everybody ought to see this one. It's social realism, but it's also horror. It's about a vampire, but it's also about friendship. It's about loneliness, but it's also about love. Beautifully shot, beautifully acted, nice score. A few effective chills. But mostly it's a drama.

Totally agree. I watched it in a festival last october without knowing anything about it and was totally delighted. As Mogens says, horror, friendship, loneliness, and one of the most beautiful love stories I´ve seen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I wasn't impressed by the film at all.

It's basically your average Scandinavian pre-teenage angst film (like the ones they used to show on Wednesday afternoon just after schools closed) but with some (pretty bloody and gruesome) revenge fantasy thrown in.

Big whoop.

I wasn't particularly impressed by any of the actors either with the notable exception of the girl portraying Eli. She's excellent.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    It certainly isn't out in this area of the world.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    I wasn't impressed by the film at all.

It's basically your average Scandinavian pre-teenage angst film (like the ones they used to show on Wednesday afternoon just after schools closed) but with some (pretty bloody and gruesome) revenge fantasy thrown in.

Big whoop.

I wasn't particularly impressed by any of the actors either with the notable exception of the girl portraying Eli. She's excellent.

and the score?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2009 edited
    sdtom wrote
    It certainly isn't out in this area of the world.

I guess north European TV stations got 'em cheap. biggrin

Christodoulides wrote
    and the score?

shame
    Can't remember a note of it (so I guess it wasn't particularly noticeable.)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2013
    I'm giving this one a listen as I prepare to review his latest score "Love is all You Need."

Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2013 edited
    It's a beautiful score, sdtom.

While you're at it, I recommend DE USYNLIGE aka TROUBLED WATER (2007), KING OF DEVIL'S ISLAND (2007?) and the upcoming KON-TIKI (2012). There are tracks from all of these and more at his SoundCloud site at https://soundcloud.com/johan-soderqvist
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Thor wrote

While you're at it, I recommend DE USYNLIGE aka TROUBLED WATER (2007), KING OF DEVIL'S ISLAND (2007?) and the upcoming KON-TIKI (2012). There are tracks from all of these and more at his SoundCloud site at https://soundcloud.com/johan-soderqvist

The "upcoming KON-TIKI"? I have the CD since - err - about 10 days. Or what did you mean?

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    Thor wrote

The "upcoming KON-TIKI"? I have the CD since - err - about 10 days. Or what did you mean?

Volker

I meant the film. I'm not sure if it has had an American premiere yet.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. It has! Although I've yet to see it, I plan to. The score is currently on Spotify, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm going to look into more material from Johan. Has MSM released more material other than "Let The Right One In?" I found this score to be very emotional.
    Tom smile
  4. Wasn't it MSM that released EFFI BRIEST and KON TIKI?