• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008
    Best-selling author and filmaker Michael Crichton died unexpectedly in Los Angeles Tuesday, after a courageous and private battle against cancer, according to a statement released by his family. He was 66.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/11/ … 5403.shtml

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    RIP.

Jurassic Park was epic. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    And Westworld, which he also directed, is a favourite of mine since my childhood.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sad
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Very depressing news. Crichton was one of my favorite authors next to John Grisham.

Jurassic Park, Sphere, The Eaters of the Dead... so many amazing novels

RIP
  1. oh shit, this is surprising sad

Sad, because he wrote a lot of good books which were perfect food for movies
    May he rest in peace shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. I remember how I watched The Andromeda Strain as a kid. That movie scared me very much, but I also found it thrilling and inspiring. I read the book twice after that. I know that a lot of my later interest in science was based on the fascination that movie created in me.

But you´re right of course, there is so much more. He gave us a lot of great books, movies and concepts.

And maybe I should mention that I still watch every episode of E.R. shame

A burning arrow for you, Sir. May you rest in peace and find the answer to the ultimate riddles.

>>>-----------------------<>
  3. I didn't even know he was ill!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008 edited
    His stories lead to some classic movies, even though he was not always very correct in his writing. I'm sure they'll dig up his work more than before.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Goodness me. I've read and enjoyed many of his novels - The Andromeda Strain is first-rate, and several of his thrillers highly-entertaining - and I always thought he was a fine director and it was a pity he didn't make more films.

RIP.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2008
    Enjoyed most of his work, with the very clever and massively entertaining Beowulf re-telling The Eaters Of The Dead a personal favourite for long, long years.

66 is very young. sad
    I hate that disease.
    I passionately hate it.
    I give to every charity combatting it.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I lost all four grandparents to it and my mother has survived one bout and is currently battling another. So yes, I hate it too. Horrible.
  4. I, too, enjoy quite a few of his books (The Lost World, Congo, The Eaters of the Dead, Timeline), and the films based on his works (Jurassic Park, TLW, Congo, Timeline, Sphere).

May he forever rest in peace.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I remember Jerry Goldsmith telling a story about Crichton's height ( he was about 6'9 I believe? ) when I saw him at the Barbican, I wish I could remember the story clearly.....something about walking through a cornfield with Crichton on one side and Jerry on the other discussing an up-coming score for a Crichton film, Crichton could see Jerry but Jerry couldn't see Crichton....

Anyone know the story accurately?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    sad

I love Coma and Westworld.

Sad, Really Sad.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Timmer wrote
    I remember Jerry Goldsmith telling a story about Crichton's height ( he was about 6'9 I believe? ) when I saw him at the Barbican, I wish I could remember the story clearly.....something about walking through a cornfield with Crichton on one side and Jerry on the other discussing an up-coming score for a Crichton film, Crichton could see Jerry but Jerry couldn't see Crichton....

Haha, I'm interested.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    OMG, that was shocking!! sad shame

His Jurassic Park is an all-time favourite of mine! RIP...
  5. Sad news indeed. Lots of chilling, inspiring and exciting moments in the theater came out of his pen... R.I.P. Michael. May you get the best E.R. treatment during your journey to Jurassic Park, I hope this Lost World will be to you liking, may you find eternal peace there. sad
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Southall wrote
    I lost all four grandparents to it and my mother has survived one bout and is currently battling another. So yes, I hate it too. Horrible.

F*CK. sad
    Very best wishes and thoughts on that from me, and assuredly most or indeed all of us here on that, James.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  6. Yes, I think all of us.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  7. Indeed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2008
    Me too. shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    omaha wrote
    Timmer wrote

Haha, I'm interested.

It was a pre-concert chat with the composer.

Jim Ware was at the concert with me among others.....don't know if he remembers the story better than me?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thanks for the comments above.

I vaguely remember it too Timmer, I was at the same concert (I was probably on the same train as you without knowing!) but don't remember it accurately.