• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2008 edited
    Joaquin Phoenix has retired to officially pursue a music career. I believe walk the line set him up on this path. I truly fine actor that will be missed. I look forward to his first album though. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2008
    Haha, how do you edit the title of the topic? I spelled his first name wrong there...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    omaha wrote
    Joaquin Phoenix has retired to officially pursue a music career. I believe walk the line set him up on this path. I truly fine actor that will be missed. I look forward to his first album though. cool

He'll be back! Especially if his music career goes tits up. wink

I think Pheonix is one of the finest actors around.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Same here, i just can't get enough watching him act. As for a music career in 2008, he'll probably go tits as Tim says, except if he goes the dj or r'b'n route; it's almost guaranteed that it will tit. (*cough* Russel Crowe anyone?)
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Same here, i just can't get enough watching him act. As for a music career in 2008, he'll probably go tits as Tim says, except if he goes the dj or r'b'n route; it's almost guaranteed that it will tit. (*cough* Russel Crowe anyone?)

And that pony tail egit Steven Seagal vomit

Marked For Death? He should be! devil
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin biggrin
  1. it is sad, I loved seeing him at work, but if that's his dream he should go for it smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2008
    Word is out that Nicole Kidman is considering retiring as well. She has some good work.
    I think she is doing one more movie playing some trans gender person. WTF????

I just can't wait for Australia!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2008
    See, all these actors are retiring because they heard of my recent triumph at a Baltimore theater, and they realize they have very little chance.

... okay, perhaps a bit of exaggeration. rolleyes
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ^ I bet Steven will like that joke tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

edit
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

edit

It's not that bad. I think we'll leave it as it is. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2008
    omaha wrote

Don't know the guy... but he has a cool name! punk biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2008
    William wrote
    omaha wrote

Don't know the guy... but he has a cool name! punk biggrin

Joaquin is the brother of the deceased actor River Phoenix (played the young Indy in the last crusade)

Joaquin is in: Gladiator (the new emperor), Signs (the brother, swing away), Walk the Line (the great johnny cash), We Own The Night (druggie club owner who turns good), and many others. Great actor.
    • CommentAuthorKing Rao
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2008
    Ummm... unless Joaquin Phoenix is retiring from acting to become a film composer... who cares?
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2008 edited
    King Rao wrote
    Ummm... unless Joaquin Phoenix is retiring from acting to become a film composer... who cares?

Well, to me there are other kinds of music outside of film music. I think completely limiting oneself does nobody any favors.
    I paraphrase St. Augustine, "The world is like a book, and those that don't travel read only a page."
    I believe this applies to music in the same manner.
  2. The St. Augustine quote is from Confessions?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2008 edited
    omaha wrote
    King Rao wrote

Well, to me there are other kinds of music outside of film music. I think completely limiting oneself does nobody any favors.
    I paraphrase St. Augustine, "The world is like a book, and those that don't travel read only a page."
    I believe this applies to music in the same manner.

Very true! My philosophy exactly. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2008
    Timmer wrote

Funny, I thought you were gonna say: "The world is like a book. Snape kills Dumbledore."
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me