• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Themes, highly memorable and singable, the louder the better. Star Wars original trilogy is the ultimate filmmusic for me, thematic-wise just one big basket of non stop wonder and awe-inspiring music.

I like all genres, but maybe least of all comedy scores, as those mostly don't make me laugh at all, not like the movie does. On CD they tend to sound like mickey-mousing. Most loved genre is of course the heroic epic soundtrack full of lush themes and of breathtaking scope (Legends of the Fall and Hook to name just two). Choir is a must if it comes from Williams or Goldsmith.

Electronic scores I tend to like if the synths are used in a good way, like Zimmer can do. I quite like Transformers for this reason. Even if it's cliched, to me it still sounds cool and way more melodic than some more recent symphonic music.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.