• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2008
    The source material was carefully chosen (St. Louis Blues was superb) and the music enhanced the entire experience. Hollywood had to embellish and there were parts where it became sentimental (most cried in the showing). A must see.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Excellent! Thanks wave
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Bring your girl and ignore the crude remarks on FSM.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thanks Michael! What's your opinion of the score's function within the film? I loved it on disc but then again who didn't? smile

Me!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    ...and me. slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    ...and me. slant

I'd like to hear more from the nay-sayers, I haven't heard it at all but I'd like to know what it was you didn't like?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Just too non-descriptive.
    Pleasant but immemorable musical wallpaper that didn't do anything for me.

It probably supports the movie well (I wouldn't know, not having seen it), but it lacks any distinguishing characteristics (like a g*dd*mn THEME angry ) to make it worthwhile for me as a standalone listen.
    Tried it once, then erased it from my player in favour of other music.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote

It probably supports the movie well (I wouldn't know, not having seen it), but it lacks any distinguishing characteristics (like a g*dd*mn THEME angry ) to make it worthwhile for me as a standalone listen.

Hmmmm?

Erik??
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote

Listen to the final part of the score on CD.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I can hear and like the theme. It's a wonderful, charming and quirky little score from Desplat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    I can hear and like the theme. It's a wonderful, charming and quirky little score from Desplat.

Yeap, i agree. That's why i told him to relisten, especially the later part! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    <shrug>

I can take it or leave it, and I'll gladly leave it in favour of some more full-bodied score.
    It's just not interesting to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    <shrug>

I can take it or leave it, and I'll gladly leave it in favour of some more full-bodied score.
    It's just not interesting to me.

Listen to PINO DONAGGIO's Oorlogswinter then, if you haven't already. Something tells me you'll love it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm a sucker for relaxing scores though, and charming ones at that. I SUPPOSE PERHAPS MAYBE can see why it wouldn't be to everyone's taste, but I don't always need a big theme or intricate narrative in my film score albums to enjoy them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Listen to PINO DONAGGIO's Oorlogswinter then, if you haven't already. Something tells me you'll love it.

I've acquired that one very recently and will certainly be giving it a listen momentarily.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote

Hmmmm?

Erik??

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … 10#Item_25

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thanks for your thoughts on the score Martijn and Erik, I look forward to hearing it and making my own mind up. smile
  1. Martijn wrote

It lacks a theme? What's disturbing about that suggestion is that you're probably not kidding.

In the film, it does work very well, although the ongoing fight with narration means some of the lovelier cues ('A New Life' and 'Daisy's Ballet Career') get mixed down in favour of the words.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2008
    franz_conrad wrote
    It lacks a theme? What's disturbing about that suggestion is that you're probably not kidding.

Do I look like I'm kidding?
    christmas_smile