• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2014 edited
    This EXCELLENT news from MusicBox..... cool punk

Coming soon!

THE FRENCH REVOLUTION (The Light Years / The Terrible Years) (1989)
    Music Composed and Conducted by Georges Delerue.

In collaboration with TF1 Droits Audiovisuels and Colette Delerue, Music Box Records presents the epic Georges Delerue score LA RÉVOLUTION FRANÇAISE (THE FRENCH REVOLUTION), including the full remastered program of the original Polydor soundtracks (two albums for the two episodes), followed by 35 minutes of previously unreleased material.
    This deluxe limited 25th anniversary collector's edition (2-CD set) with slipcase includes a 16-page full-color booklet with liner notes by Gergely Hubai.

Due to be released in September 2014. Pre-orders will begin at the end of August.

LA REVOLUTION FRANCAISE

----------
    Until then, in order to complete your collection, we are offering a 30% discount on most of our Music Box Records catalog. Sale starts right now at www.musicbox-records.com and runs through August 4, 2014.

Direct link for discount sales: http://www.musicbox-records.com/en/118- … derway=asc

Have a great summer!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2014 edited
    Ah, this will drop the estimated value of -by far!- the most expensive CD in my collection by a couple of hundred quid. sad
    Oh well.
    It was never about the money in the first place.

I *am* very curious to learn if the remastering adds any depth to the album.
    The version I have is technically fine, but -to my ears- a little flat.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2014
    Annnnnd here it is (for pre-order), and even if I have purchased -at considerable expense (in fact so much that I am embarassed to mention it here)- the original Polydor release many years ago, I will in fact double-dip for this release:

The score is given a new, expanded release, including the full program of the original Polydor soundtracks with several bonuses. The new 2-CD not only improves the sound and contains over 35 minutes of previously unreleased music from the composer's archives, but also corrects the incorrectly reversed stereo channels of the original Polydor release. Even if you own the original LPs or the now out-of-print CD re-issue, the new release brings something new in all departments.

Go on, go on over and listen to the clips.
    It's a stunner!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2014
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2015 edited
    Did anyone ever watch that "In The Tracks of Georges Delerue" DVD that came out a few years ago?
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2015 edited
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES

A glut of great releases right now. dizzy

And more, check here

I'm particularly interested in the FILM NOIR AT PARAMOUNT ( it includes DOUBLE INDEMNITY fer cripes sake! ) but I'm never confident when it comes to archival releases.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2015
    Timmer wrote
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES

A glut of great releases right now. dizzy

And more, check here

I'm particularly interested in the FILM NOIR AT PARAMOUNT ( it includes DOUBLE INDEMNITY fer cripes sake! ) but I'm never confident when it comes to archival releases.

Ordered and really looking forward to seeing it.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2016
  1. Thomas Glorieux has a review of La Révolution Française by George Delerue online on the main page. I prefer tracks 1 through 22 of CD 1, as he does. It's the content of the original album btw. Beyond the fabulous main theme my favourite cue is Déclaration des Droits de l'Homme.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. Captain Future wrote
    Thomas Glorieux has a review of La Révolution Française by George Delerue online on the main page. I prefer tracks 1 through 22 of CD 1, as he does. It's the content of the original album btw. Beyond the fabulous main theme my favourite cue is Déclaration des Droits de l'Homme.

Volker

indeed, the original album was more than enough for me. However a much better sound quality lead me to this double disc smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh