• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2008
    franz_conrad wrote
    Damn... too many good things around. Now I'm wishing I hadn't bought the MGM box! dizzy

The MGM box? What's that?? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Oh sweet mamma of mercy shocked shocked shocked

http://www.georges-delerue.com/fr/news/ … es-delerue

This MUST and WILL BE MINE!!!!

bump

this news is too good to leave lingering on page 2
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote

Ah douce maman de grace! shocked shocked shocked

Il FAUT que ça SERA la MIENNE!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Ah douce maman de grace! shocked shocked shocked

Il FAUT que ça SERA la MIENNE!

Comment ca s'appelle en francais? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    La boîte Delerue?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    La boîte Delerue?

C'est vraiment genial cool beer
  1. Just listened to Our Mother's House / 25th Hour, huge thanks to BhelPuri for finding it for me wink

Our Mother's House: I was immediately crazy of the theme BhelPuri played in his score game, so I'm glad it really pops up a lot in the score, for the rest gentle little score that really gives me a nice satisfying listen ***12

25th Hour is a lot darker but Delerue surely gives it some spunk with the choir, Arrival of the Russians is a quite staggering little piece of work ***12

I haven't heard a lot of Delerue yet, but it was really nice to discover this, so thanks BhelPuri buddy smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DAMN THAT'S A FINE RELEASE! how much will it cost in E.U?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Indeed,
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    25th Hour is a lot darker but Delerue surely gives it some spunk with the choir, Arrival of the Russians is a quite staggering little piece of work ***12

Indeed, I love that track! It featured in a "Guess the score game" I made on scorereviews. No one guessed it though.

Peter punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    DAMN THAT'S A FINE RELEASE! how much will it cost in E.U?

The Michel Legrand release had the same layout by the same folks was about £49 at was only 4 CD's though so I expect the price to be higher.....I'll be saving money for this one without a doubt.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2008 edited
    Wow, this looks like a spectacular release. When I pick up soundtrack purchasing again (beyond Williams, Elfman and Goldenthal), Zimmer and Delerue are first in line.

I got the Legrand box about a year ago, and am VERY satisfied with it. Of course, I only paid 20-something bucks for it due to a once-in-a-lifetime offer, and like Timmer says, this one is likely to be much higher for a long time, but hell - I'm a much bigger Delerue fan than I am Legrand, and everything about this set - the layout, the presentation, the "compilation", the music...just has my name written all over it!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    49 quid though (likely more)... slant
    That's a BIG dent in the budget.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    49 quid though (likely more)... slant
    That's a BIG dent in the budget.

Let's wait and see?
  2. Unless plans have changed, it's supposed to have some of one of his rejected scores on it.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. Maybe Regarding Henry? I know that Zimmer wanted the score released next to his replacement, but they didn't agree to that.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote

Whoah! An awesome box set! Just yesterday I was trying to decide whether to buy The Horsemen or not. It's great that people can now get Dien Bien Phu and Crimes of the Heart without paying through their nose.
    On a negative note (only for myself) I was hoping to trade my extra cds of Dien Bien Phu and Crimes of the Heart for one of the holy grails (Tours du Monde..., La Revolution Francaise Part 2, La reine Blanche...). Now they're no longer rare. sad

Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I haven't heard a lot of Delerue yet, but it was really nice to discover this, so thanks BhelPuri buddy smile

You're welcome, man!
  4. Complete score to "Day of the Dolphin" released:

http://www.percepto.com/projects/025/
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008
    The Complete Day of the Dolphin is up for preorder at SAE, got mine ordered.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2008
    moonie wrote

Ah, you did right. Delerue, such a singularly fine music he wrote.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    moonie wrote

Ah, you did right. Delerue, such a singularly fine music he wrote.

Do you know this score D ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I think i've heard it once. Is it any lesser than the usual Delerue brilliance?
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2008
    I've always found "Day of the dolphin" disappointing. The reason is that I knew and worshipped the incredible "Nocturne" before I got the album, so when I finally listened to the whole thing I didn't really find anything interesting other than the extraordinary theme. Sure the theme is really something, one of the most gorgeous ever composed. But I need more from a score that just a single theme.

So I'd like to hear other opinions. Did I judge the score too quickly? What other great moments are there in the album, where the main theme isn't featured?

Peter smile
  5. I don't think I'll be getting DAY OF THE DOLPHIN. It's not a bad score by any means, but with other recent purchases being what they are, this isn't any kind of priority. (Particularly since I already got sent a copy of the album tracks a couple of years back and, like Peter, didn't particularly dive for it.)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2008
    Timmer wrote

and the track-listing is:

CD 1
    longs-métrages / feature-films 1962-1970

L'Amour à la Chaîne / La Dénonciation / L'Autre Femme / Rapture / Les Pianos
    Mécaniques / The 25th Hour / Les Gommes / A Man for all Seasons / Interlude /
    Nobody Runs Forever / Anne of the Thousand Days / Our Mother's House / Women
    in Love / A Walk with Love and Death / Il Conformista

CD 2
    longs-métrages / feature-films 1970-1981

The Horsemen / Promise at Dawn / The Day of the Dolphin / The Day of the
    Jackal / Julia / Va Voir Maman, Papa Travaille / Le Jeu du Solitaire/ Le Point
    de Mire / Le Mouton Noir / An Almost Perfect Affair / Premier Voyage / A
    Little Sex / Documenteur / Richard's Things / True Confessions / The Escape
    Artist / Rich and Famous

CD 3
    longs-métrages / feature-films 1981-1988

Josépha / Garde à Vue / Silkwood / Les Morfalous / Man, Woman and Child /
    Femmes de Personne / Agnes of God / The Black Stallion Returns / Crimes of the
    Heart / Salvador / Platoon / Biloxi Blues / Descente aux Enfers / Beaches /
    Memories of Me / To Kill a Priest

CD 4
    longs-métrages / feature-films 1989-1992

La Révolution Française / Her Alibi / Steel Magnolias / A Show of Force /
    Cadence / Black Robe / Man Trouble / Mister Johnson / Dien Bien Phu

+ inédits / unreleased works
    Viva Maria ! (séance de travail / work session) / A Man for all Seasons
    (version alternative / alternate version) / Play Time (maquette / demo) / La
    Petite Sirène (musique inédite) / Unused score for Something Wicked this Way
    Comes

CD 5
    courts-métrages / short-films 1961-1990

Les Guêpes / Le Miracle des Ailes / L'Opéra-Mouffe / L'Amour Existe / Le
    Balayeur / La Naturalisée / Le Prince de Ligne / Les Tableaux de la Rue /
    Routes sans Sillage / Apparences / Paris au Temps des Cerises / Le Monde des
    Marais / Le Violon de Crémone / Au Verre de l'Amitié / Lautréamont / Born
    Without Prejudice

+ indicatifs / theme music
    Our World / Radioscopie / Gaumont / Air France / Point d'interrogation /
    Inforum

CD 6
    Télévision 1968-1990

Thibaud ou les Croisades / Mauregard / Les Rois Maudits / Adieu mes Quinze Ans
    / La Cloche Tibétaine / Là-Haut, les Quatre Saisons / L'Education Sentimentale
    / Lancelot du Lac / Fortune / Splendeurs et Misères des Courtisanes / Les
    Visiteurs / Fantômas / La Lettre Volée / La Chute de la Maison Usher /
    L'Oiseau Bleu / The Josephine Baker Story / Tours du Monde, Tours du Ciel

This last disc contains Tours du Monde Tours du Ciel !!! It would be amazing to finally have it all on disc. I'm also looking forward to listen to his music for Beresford's Mister Johnson. Never heard that one before.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Aaargh....I MUST have this. But how to afford it? Must I sell my left foot?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Aaargh....I MUST have this. But how to afford it? Must I sell my left foot?

Tell me abaht it! slant

I would suggest selling other people's body parts Thor! wink

For me, this is by FAR the best release news of all.

IT. WILL. BE. MINE.

( cripes! it's even got A Man For All Seasons!? shocked cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Tintin wrote
    La Révolution Française
    Tours du Monde, Tours du Ciel

Awesome! Just awesome. I bid as high at $100 for Tours du Monde a few weeks ago and was glad to lose the bid since I thought there might be a good chance of it appearing in this box set. I hope it contains all of the 23 minutes of it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hmmm..I'm starting to have second thoughts: seeing the track listings, it seems as if this is one huge compilation issue, featuring -presumably, judging by the amount of titles and limited amount on any one disk- (very few) selected tracks.

I think I'll hold off on this one until some listener reviews come in.
    I already HAVE Delerue compilations.
    DOZENS of 'em. slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Hmmm..I'm starting to have second thoughts: seeing the track listings, it seems as if this is one huge compilation issue, featuring -presumably, judging by the amount of titles and limited amount on any one disk- (very few) selected tracks.

I think I'll hold off on this one until some listener reviews come in.
    I already HAVE Delerue compilations.
    DOZENS of 'em. slant

You'll buckle wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Honestly? Not for a compilation set, I won't.

I think.