• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2009
    Pavlov strikes.

Delerue = wag tail and buy.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2009
    Southall wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    The question is, is 27 and a half minutes of Delerue worth it? (Take away the Beethoven track, which feels inserted to get the album over 30 minutes in length.) Owners of the London Sessions already have what are probably the best 6 minutes on the compilation. Given I know that the remaining original music is partly jazz (not Delerue's strong point), and some of the cues are very short, it's just not a very compelling proposition. wink

You old grouch! I simply applied Southall's Fifth Rule:

27 and a half minutes of listening to Delerue > 27 and a half minutes of not listening to Delerue

....and better than listening to a majority of modern scores.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2009 edited
    Southall wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    The question is, is 27 and a half minutes of Delerue worth it? (Take away the Beethoven track, which feels inserted to get the album over 30 minutes in length.) Owners of the London Sessions already have what are probably the best 6 minutes on the compilation. Given I know that the remaining original music is partly jazz (not Delerue's strong point), and some of the cues are very short, it's just not a very compelling proposition. wink

You old grouch! I simply applied Southall's Fifth Rule:

27 and a half minutes of listening to Delerue > 27 and a half minutes of not listening to Delerue

Indeed! Plus at 1000 copies you can always get one now, take a listen and then sell it on ebay if it's not worth it. You're guaranteed to make a profit!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2009
    franz_conrad wrote

Much though it pains me to admit it... you were right. It's a pleasant album, but the best moments by far are the two pieces on The London Sessions.
  1. Arrrgggghhh!!!!! I didn't listen to my head!!!! crazy
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2009
    franz_conrad wrote
    Arrrgggghhh!!!!! I didn't listen to my head!!!! crazy

Well, I held to what I - and you - said and didn't buy it. (This time I stick to my principles...)
    • CommentAuthorshureman
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2009
    Well, for me it was worth it. I made a great 15+ minute suite with tracks 2, 5, 8, 10, 13 & 14 (completely editing out all the jazz cues) and thus I have a nice upgraded version from the London Sessions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Just chiming in on the other side as I've just got my copy in, and I love the jazz cues. smile
    Excellent buy!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Just chiming in on the other side as I've just got my copy in, and I love the jazz cues. smile
    Excellent buy!

Good man beer

Why d' frigg would anyone wanna edit out good jazz cues!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Oh, I DO like it! But my favourite tracks are definitely the ones on the London Sessions.
    • CommentAuthorshureman
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2009
    Glad many of you enjoy the MEMORIES CD as is; for me, the jazz cues are disruptive and jarring. I prefer a more reflective listen...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2009
    Burn Jazz. Program it out; sweeping orchestral loveliness by Delerue is all we need smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2009
    I'm planning to buy the Escape Artist by Delerue since I love the suite on the Varese Great Composers CD. But since this CD is not a cheap one I'd like to hear some opinion about it: is the whole CD as good as the suite or are the other parts not so pleasant to listen to? Is it varied enough or just the same 2-3 recurring melodies? Basically are the best parts in the suite or are there more great tracks on the CD?
  2. I feel there is more of worth on the CD, although certainly the suite samples the best of it. The finale/end titles cue is particularly good value.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorshureman
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2009
    Personally I like the two " tension " tracks with the alto flute. Quite stunning, IMHO....
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009
    A complete THE BLACK STALLION RETURNS

A fantastic score. Thank you Intrada.

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6427/.f
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009 edited
    Awesome! punk fireworks beer dizzybhangra spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    shocked lick ORDERED!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Why should I hear it, and how does it sound like?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What is the taste of oxygen?
    What is the worth of water?
    What is the sound of music?

The hiiiiiiills are aliiiiiive, with sound of guuuuuunfire!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Bregt wrote

Oh, it sweeps and swoons as only Delerue could, ravishing and rhapsodic. (Though I won't order it. I'll wait to see what people say about this album compared with the earlier one - but by then it will have sold out. Such is life.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, I didn't have the earlier one...so the choice was an easy one for me. cool

(I thought I did though and had already made my mind up ont to buy this one as it didn't seem to offer any real added value, so I can perfectly understand your hesitance.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Bregt wrote

Oh, it sweeps and swoons as only Delerue could, ravishing and rhapsodic. (Though I won't order it. I'll wait to see what people say about this album compared with the earlier one - but by then it will have sold out. Such is life.)

Great release but I have the earlier one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Y'know. This really bugs me.
    I was 100% sure I had that one...yet it's not on my shelf, nor in my database. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ugh!
    And now I know why.
    I was confused with this one!

For -I guess- understandable reasons I keep associating that cover with the The Black Stallion. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    I was 100% sure I had that one...yet it's not on my shelf, nor in my database. slant

Don't forget it was coupled with the first Black Stallion score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009 edited
    Southall wrote
    Martijn wrote

Don't forget it was coupled with the first Black Stallion score.

... Oh shit.
    <Fires up database>

EDIT: *phew*
    The only Coppola I have is Godfather III. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    Martijn wrote
    What is the taste of oxygen?
    What is the worth of water?
    What is the sound of music?

The hiiiiiiills are aliiiiiive, with sound of guuuuuunfire!

Bregt, seriously.
  3. Southall wrote
    Bregt wrote

Does Delerue carry over any of the themes from The Black Stallion.

I think I have enough sweeping Delerue music to last me a while.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn