• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2010
    Martin, thanks for all those videos!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martin, thanks for all those videos!

You're welcome but thanks to Maloficio who did most of the work on those.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMaloficio
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2010
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2010 edited

Thank you! Thank you!

I saw the movie a few months back and the score was what stood out. So gorgeous! You've got all the themes alright. Now someone has to release it!

That hair cut scene! spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMaloficio
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2010
    •  
      CommentAuthorMaloficio
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2010
    Taylor White of Percepto has mentioned that there are several Delerue releases planned for the future:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … 544#bottom

His comment is towards the end of thread.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2010

Great music! The love theme is indeed exquisite. I only have the London session stuff, and I'd love a release of this score as well. What do you mean with the theme being based on the words "her alibi"?

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMaloficio
    plindboe wrote

Great music! The love theme is indeed exquisite. I only have the London session stuff, and I'd love a release of this score as well. What do you mean with the theme being based on the words "her alibi"?

Peter smile

Because it is, just say the words aloud as the theme plays.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    The first four notes of the theme?

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMaloficio
    plindboe wrote

Peter smile

Yes, doesn't it sound like it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    It does indeed.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2010 edited
    Maloficio wrote
    plindboe wrote

Peter smile

Yes, doesn't it sound like it?

Haha! That's cool indeed. As a kid, I used to have a tough time differentiating between the themes to For A Few Dollars More, A Fistful of Dollars, and The Good, The Bad & The Ugly until I figured out that you could fit the movie names in the themes like what you mentioned for Her Alibi.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2010
    Wow, BP. I've always found those themes (being the greatest themes evah composed) easy to distinguish. I'm puzzled by how you can apply the titles as the "Her alibi" example.

Peter dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMaloficio
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2010
    •  
      CommentAuthorMaloficio
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2010
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2010 edited
    Interestingly it seems to have escaped a lot of people's attention that Intrada has a new Delerue out: Maxie.
    I don't actually know anything about this score (apparently the theme is available on one of the countless Delerue compilation CDs), but as once more -sigh- this is a limited release (of 1200), and -more interestingly to me- harpsichords were mentioned ( lick ) I decided to make the plunge regardlessly. Delerue has never put me wrong.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2010
    Great news! Maloficio posted some Maxie clips earlier in this thread. The theme is indeed wonderful.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I have the "End Titles" on a Delerue compilation, and it's alright. It's in that breezy, semi-jazzy style that he did so well. Not terribly exciting, but OK.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Thanks to Maloficio for the Maxie clips. I picked up the Intrada release in a heart-beat.

Thor,
    Give all the youtube clips a listen before you decide. You don't want to regret missing it later.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMaloficio
    The clips were made to convince people.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2010 edited
    As some of you know, I recently ordered the Delerue 6CD box for something like $60 including shipping. Well, I stupidly forgot that that was way above the customs limit, so I just got a note today that in order for me to pick this up, I need to pay an extra $30 in VAT and customs. So now the whole thing is nearing $100!! That's a lot, at least to me. I like Delerue, but there's no way it's going to be worth that. It's become the most expensive soundtrack item I've bought in the 20+ years I've been into soundtracks. And I hardly even buy them anymore.

Damn customs!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2010
    Didn't you buy it from France???
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2010
    Martijn wrote
    Didn't you buy it from France???

Yes, I think so (it was in French, anyway). Why?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2010
    So the box arrived today, from New Zealand (?!?). Not only did I have to pay the steep customs and VAT to get it out, when I unwrapped it, two of the spikes that hold the CD's had splintered, causing the CD's to free-float.

Be that as it may, at least I HAVE this bloody thing at long last, and can't wait to delve into it.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I hate that customs shite, I've been stung many times ( though, touch wood, not for a couple of years now ).
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    He, he...check this out. Does it qualify as a "There! I fixed it!" pic?:

http://www.celluloidtunes.net/non-website/Delerue.jpg
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes indeedy it does! biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Thor wrote
    So the box arrived today, from New Zealand (?!?). Not only did I have to pay the steep customs and VAT to get it out, when I unwrapped it, two of the spikes that hold the CD's had splintered, causing the CD's to free-float.

Be that as it may, at least I HAVE this bloody thing at long last, and can't wait to delve into it.

Did you order via a credit card? Call your CC and tell them about the damaged cases (and possibly the VAT if it was not clearly outlined). Why are you settling for less?
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Tell us about what you think of the music, Thor, after listening. Hope it will all have been worth it for you.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    BhelPuri wrote
    Thor wrote

Did you order via a credit card? Call your CC and tell them about the damaged cases (and possibly the VAT if it was not clearly outlined). Why are you settling for less?

I doubt the credit card company is going to let me withdraw the money for a few damaged CD spikes! I'll make do with this. It's not the end of the world, and I've never been that concerned with the "collector" issues, anyway. It's the music that matters.
    I am extremely serious.