• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2008 edited
    "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows! Muahahahahahahahahaha"

Does anyone know anything of the upcoming film to be released in 2010?

The 1994 version was terrible. But the music was amazing smile
    Alec Baldwin's laugh and voice were good as well.

Any thoughts on the making of the new film?
    I believe it must be kept in 1930, and have the same mystery solving feeling as the radio show.
  1. I always thought the '94 film was fun in a cheesy way. Okay so it's no Superman, but I love how the movie was shot, with intricate camera moves and nicely done playing with shadow and light, and cool special effects. Like the dream that Alec Baldwin has at a certain point. And the music has always been great. The moment the Hotel appears always sends a shiver down my spine, purely Goldsmith's doing. His score makes the film a little better than it is.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2008
    DreamTheater wrote
    I always thought the '94 film was fun in a cheesy way. Okay so it's no Superman, but I love how the movie was shot, with intricate camera moves and nicely done playing with shadow and light, and cool special effects. Like the dream that Alec Baldwin has at a certain point. And the music has always been great. The moment the Hotel appears always sends a shiver down my spine, purely Goldsmith's doing. His score makes the film a little better than it is.

Watching it from my childhood their are many great moments, but overall, I thought the plot was pretty weak. I love the moments with the shadow, and I get the same feeling when the hotel comes into view. I do believe there needs to be another film to truly do the character justice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    The original OST release sucks... too short and a weird choice of tracks (some very boring tracks in the middle, while there are many other amazing tracks available), its a shame, luckily there is a full bootleg score (around an hour or so) with excellent sound quality, that one rocks.

tip...

google; "shadow complete goldsmith rar"
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Talos wrote
    The original OST release sucks... too short and a weird choice of tracks (some very boring tracks in the middle, while there are many other amazing tracks available), its a shame, luckily there is a full bootleg score (around an hour or so) with excellent sound quality, that one rocks.

tip...

Agree!

I think sooner or later this will get a deluxe release.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    I will buy it straight away if they would release a complete deluxe edition... such a nice score. Love the sound for the Burpha... (or whatever... that magic knife thingy)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Talos wrote
    I will buy it straight away if they would release a complete deluxe edition... such a nice score. Love the sound for the Burpha... (or whatever... that magic knife thingy)

I can't remember the name but I know what you mean beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Only thing that worries me about a prospective Deluxe Edition (especially if Varese does it) is that, well....

I've actually grown very fond of the Taylor Dane song. I would hate for a full score release to do away with it. shame shame shame shame
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    HeeroJF wrote
    Only thing that worries me about a prospective Deluxe Edition (especially if Varese does it) is that, well....

I've actually grown very fond of the Taylor Dane song. I would hate for a full score release to do away with it. shame shame shame shame

It probably would get rid of it but then you can still keep the old issue!? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    ^ I'd probably get rid of it (space is an issue for me), but I'd rip the song on my hard drive, first.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Yeah, I've been a fan of the complete score for quite some time. All of the ending battle tracks blew me away. I was shocked how those didn't make it to the album. I wonder why many Goldsmith scores had always been kept at around 30 minutes when there was room left on the CD. Especially becuase there was so much great stuff to offer.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Talos wrote

tip...

Just checking, how many tracks is that version? Mine is 40. I want to know If I should track it down...
    This is one of those complete scores one can listen to start to finish.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    Yes that is the one.. 40 tracks or so... with maybe 3 tracks or so that can be omitted... (intro voice, songs)...

As far as I can tell it has all the music from the movie, except (and correct me if I am wrong) the piece of music when Baldwin sees the "hidden temple" for the first time. (somewhere in the beginning of the movie) The full score is only "out there" not too long I guess. There was a much shorter expanded version available... but that one only had 10 minutes or so more than the original release. BTW I have two original issues laying around...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Take the time to listen to some of the original Orson Welles radio programs. They were actually quite good.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
  2. More of 'The Shadow' is always welcome. Thanks Talos for providing a hint toward the link. I found more than I was looking for punk I will check it out ASAP.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    yeah, its a filmmusic Valhalla there... anything you type in google with "ost + composer + rar"... will show up - most likely.

(don't get me wrong... I collect original OST's only but sometimes OOP of other unavailable stuff is only available out "there")
  3. Yeah hard to get releases are exactly that, so that's why the internet was invented!!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    sdtom wrote
    Take the time to listen to some of the original Orson Welles radio programs. They were actually quite good.
    Thomas

Indeed. I have 75 episodes. They are a blast to listen to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2008 edited
    The Shadow is one of my favorite movie. It's shamelessly cheesy and melodramatic, but the great cinematography, and memorable music, and Alec Baldwin, made it really enjoyable to watch.

I haven't heard anything regarding a remake/reboot of this movie, but we'll see.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    lp wrote
    The Shadow is one of my favorite movie. It's shamelessly cheesy and melodramatic, but the great cinematography, and memorable music, and Alec Baldwin, made it really enjoyable to watch.

I haven't heard anything regarding a remake/reboot of this movie, but we'll see.

Well, they are making one. Set to be released 2010. smile
    That's what many online sources say anyway...
    And they seem trustworthy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2008 edited
    I look forward to the new Red Sonja movie.../score... but no composer yet... *cough* Morricone *cough* (I hope)
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Talos wrote
    *cough* Morricone *cough* (I hope)

Dream on buddy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    It might just be that Shadow just doesn't translate to the silver screen and is meant for the radio.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    lp wrote
    Talos wrote
    *cough* Morricone *cough* (I hope)

Dream on buddy!

I'll probably be Beltrami. That'll be quite a segue in musical styles. From Morricone to Beltrami. dizzy
  4. THe Shadow's cool enough for an occassional watch, but one of my favourite moments is still the pipe scene, love it when the camera follows and flies past the rooftop and downhill. Everytime I hear that specific cue, it always makes me lift up and fly with it, it is so effectively written

Ah well, still a good old Goldsmith score with a theme, you hear that guys? A THEME tongue
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    THe Shadow's cool enough for an occassional watch, but one of my favourite moments is still the pipe scene, love it when the camera follows and flies past the rooftop and downhill. Everytime I hear that specific cue, it always makes me lift up and fly with it, it is so effectively written

Ah well, still a good old Goldsmith score with a theme, you hear that guys? A THEME tongue

haha, yes!!!