• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2008 edited
    I watched Silverado yesterday, entertaining to a point, but it loses it's touch after a few viewings.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjedizim
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2008
    Theater...was dragged to see Twilight with my wife last night. DVD...just watched Wall-E with the family. I enjoyed Wall-E more...
    ---- Well, I wouldn't argue that it wasn't a no holds barred, adrenaline fueled thrill ride. But, there is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Just finished watching The Tuskegee Airmen. Beautiful soaring music by Lee Holdridge movie. Nice moving film.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
  1. Get Smart. Not good, excepting a few laughs.
  2. Three films this weekend...

- Scott Hicks's documentary about Philip Glass is one of the films of the year for me. Hicks is more known to people here for his dramatic features like Shine, Snow Falling on Cedars and Hearts in Atlantis, but his first craft was documentary making, and he hasn't lost his talent. He could not have picked a more interesting subject, as far as I'm concerned.
    - Steve McQueen's film about the Bobby Sands-led hunger strike Hunger. It won't come close to getting any Oscars, but there aren't many drama films this year that balance grim reality with possibilities of cinema so appropriately.
    - The documentary Man on Wire. Despite the use of old film musical workhorses by Nyman and Satie, this is an energetic telling of the remarkable story of the French tightrope walker who walked between the North and South Towers of the World Trade Centre.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Err...we already have Recent Viewing for this kind of discussion.