• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2010 edited
    Then i'm INsane! Dear God!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2010 edited
    ^

I thought that was common knowledge! dizzy wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Just about to watch the UK premier of the remake to the 1980s mini-series, V.

I've not heard anything about Beltrami's music for this - imdb.com lists him as composer in 5 episodes. Back in a couple of hours...(I wonder if there has been no word of this because it's not too good?)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Normand Corbeil scored the pilot, so you'll not be hearing Beltrami.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. justin boggan wrote
    Normand Corbeil scored the pilot, so you'll not be hearing Beltrami.

Yeah, I noticed that when the credits rolled for the opener. But, Beltrami was credited with the second episode. However, there was nothing memorable in either episode. Just low-key droning for the most part. No wonder nothing's been said about the music since this series first aired in the US last autumn.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Just about to watch the UK premier of the remake to the 1980s mini-series, V.

I've not heard anything about Beltrami's music for this - imdb.com lists him as composer in 5 episodes. Back in a couple of hours...(I wonder if there has been no word of this because it's not too good?)

I want to hear your view?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. As was mentioned elsewhere, Beltrami didn't score the pilot and started in the second episode.

The scoring of this series so far is very low-key: mostly mood setting sound textures rather than anything that's outwardly melodic. Both the "main titles" (which is definitely overstating the sustained motif that underscores the title card) and the end credits are not memorable at all.

I'd say that there's never been any mention of the music because it's just not very memorable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2010
    Marco Beltrami to score The Thing prequel and Scream 4

http://filmmusicreporter.wordpress.com/ … g-prequel/
  5. I'd read that there was a chance that there would be some reference to Morricone's original score in the prequel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2010 edited
    I hope so, it'd be fun. But this happens so rarely these days, as most modern horror / thriller flicks and remakes in general couldn't be any more far from the originals.
  6. I don't think that it would be too difficult to repeat the feel of Morricone's original score as a lot of it was textural in style rather than out-and-out themes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, that's true in this case, with Beltrami. But won't he go for the trademarked aggressive yet rhythmic percussion instead? We'll see.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm sure Beltrami will do good but I'm seriously disappointed that I won't get to hear Morricone re-covering some old territory slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah, that's true in this case, with Beltrami. But won't he go for the trademarked aggressive yet rhythmic percussion instead? We'll see.

I'm not so sure. Depends on what the storyline is. Morricone's bleakness - even with the rhythmic synths - fitted the bleakness of the location (and the men's predicament?) well. I'm not sure that Beltrami's aggressiveness would be appropriate for this.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Morricone's score for the original is an absolute classic IMO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote

As a film score, it works fine. But as a listening experience, it's about as pleasing as ripping your tongue from a frozen metal rod.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

As a film score, it works fine. But as a listening experience, it's about as pleasing as ripping your tongue from a frozen metal rod.

Not for me it isn't Thor, I can, and have, listen to this countless times and enjoy it.
  8. Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Not for me it isn't Thor, I can, and have, listen to this countless times and enjoy it.

Nor me. It's one of the most enjoyable listening experiences. I do admit that not every track "does it" for me. But there are some cues that are just wonderful: both musically to listen to but also wonderful in the way that Morricone can elicit a response in me through his music. I can listen to some of the desolate cues in the heat of a summer's day surrounded by people and listening to Morricone's music I can feel so alone and freezing cold!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Well, I never could stomach Morricone in dissonant mode, so maybe that's got something to do with it.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I think that's everything to do with it. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2011
    Scream 4

Bunch of songs
    2 score cues by Beltrami

http://www.amazon.com/Scream-4-S-T/dp/B … HEQFL7XLQK
  9. Varese are releasing a score only album.

http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/ … m-4/Detail
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2011
    Nice!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2011
    During a futile search for Soul Surfer, I found this, from last year. Never even heard of it. What's it like?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Crumby!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    During a futile search for Soul Surfer, I found this, from last year. Never even heard of it. What's it like?

The film is forgettable (literally...I saw it a few months ago and can't remember much of it), but Beltrami is - as usual - good in horror mode. Some "delicious darkness" here and there. But plenty of stingers and stuff too, which doesn't really make for good listening.
    I am extremely serious.
  10. Southall wrote

I only listened to the clip and wasn't too keen on it at all.
  11. Varese CD Club Releases are out

SCREAM: The Deluxe Edition
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
    Music Composed by Marco Beltrami
    Limited Edition of 2000 copies

The smash hit that transformed the horror genre was also responsible for introducing one of the most exciting composers to debut in the 1990s!

Back in 1998 Marco Beltrami's expansive Scream score was forced to share a 30-minute CD with the composer's sequel score from Scream 2. It was certainly better than having it never be released at all but the album was missing a lot of music. Finally, 15 years after the film was first released and coinciding with the release of the fourth film in the franchise, a proper Scream release featuring over 60 minutes of music is at last available.

After a series of mysterious deaths, an offbeat group of friends get caught up in a lively mix of thrills and chills! Wes Craven directed a cast that included Drew Barrymore, Courtney Cox, Neve Campbell, Skeet Ulrich and David Arquette.

Price: $19.98
    Catalog #: VCL 0511 1120

1. Dimension Logo (:19)
    2. The Cue From Hell (10:32)
    3. Trouble In Woodsboro (1:57)
    4. Sid’s House (1:12)
    5. Red Herring (2:17)
    6. Killer Calls Sidney (2:57)
    7. Chasing Sidney (1:29)
    8. Cell Phone (1:01)
    9. Backdoor Gail (:49)
    10. Schoolyard 2 (1:16)
    11. Sid’s Doubt (1:27)
    12. Bathroom (3:03)
    13. Mr. Himbry Gets It (2:15)
    14. Sheriff and Dewey (1:25)
    15. Tatum’s Torture (3:02)
    16. Sidney Wants It (3:11)
    17. Dewey and Gail (1:56)
    18. Off To See Himbry (:47)
    19. Killer Stabs Billy (2:49)
    20. Randy Almost Gets It
    Composed by Christophe Beck (2:37)
    21. Gail Crashes The Van (1:48)
    22. They’re Crazy (9:49)
    23. Sid Stabs Billy (4:26)
    24. Billy’s Back (1:15)
    25. End Credits (1:45)
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2011
    I'm torn on this.

I love the SCREAM/SCREAM 2 combo CD, basically because it has lots of "delicious darkness" going on and less of the stingers and sneaking-around stuff that I can't stand with horror music. I fear that there will be too much of the latter on this expansion, so I'd love to hear feedback on that when the CD arrives in people's homes. Since the selections on the first CD was fairly short, I hope it can sustain a slight expansion.
    I am extremely serious.
  12. I'm also torn. I have the Varese combo already but I'm not sure I'd gain anything by having this expanded version of Scream. I already have expanded treatments of Scream 2 and Scream 3 and from the clips I wasn't too enthused by what I heard for Scream 4.