• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. BobdH wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    now that Guillermo is gonna direct The Hobbit, will Beltrami be on board as composer? Don't get me wrong, if one man needs to return to Middle Earth its Howard Shore!!!

But I just can't help thinking what Beltrami might do with something like this? wink

Oh no, for the love of God, no! I do NOT want Beltrami on that project!! shocked

Don't get me wrong, Beltrami has done some things right (3:10 to Yuma is a great score), but I do not think he'll be the right man for The Hobbit! At all!

Could be, but I'm still intruiged. If it has the color like Beltrami's Hellboy I don't think many will doubt the score at all.

But on the other hand I think everybody wants to see what Shore can expand on, and especially what he surprise us even with now after all that music? wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2008
    Btw, it's still not official that Dl Toro will direct these movies I thought?
    Kazoo
  2. Bregt wrote

I thought it was official, or practically was
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Bregt wrote

It's official... but I think that Jackson's will have a lot of input on just about everything... including composer choice.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Erik Woods wrote
    Bregt wrote

It's official... but I think that Jackson's will have a lot of input on just about everything... including composer choice.

Nope, not official. smile
    http://the-hobbit-movie.com/
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Bregt wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Bregt wrote

Nope, not official. smile
    http://the-hobbit-movie.com/

Ooooooh!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Bregt wrote
    A bit like choosing Obama over Clinton. wink

Now that is what I'd call a good idea! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I hope we have a thread on the US Presidential election before long. I don't know why but I've always been fascinated by US politics. And there is a remarkable story at the end of this election, whether the winner is Obama or Clinton or McCain, the first two because of their fairly obvious deviation from the demographic of the typical US President, the latter because of his almost unbelievable personal story.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Southall wrote
    I hope we have a thread on the US Presidential election before long.

Nothing holds you to not start one!

I for one, am also quite interested and fascinated by how this election goes and how complicated it all is. The candidates are much more interesting than previous elections (remember John Kerry!!!??? wtf was that). I'd go for Obama, quite an intriguing person.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    Beltrami for The Hobbit would be great!

Couldn't agree more, Beltrami's the man and it would certainly be most interesting to hear what he'll come up with, instead of the usual SHORE ride we'll most probably get.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Bregt wrote
    Southall wrote
    I hope we have a thread on the US Presidential election before long.

Nothing holds you to not start one!

I never start threads on a Tuesday!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2008
    No suprise at all but Marco will score Max Payne directed by John Moore.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Dom wrote
    No suprise at all but Marco will score Max Payne directed by John Moore.

OMG, the game is a fuckin masterpiece, I hope they don´t screw it with the film. You better write a GREAT score Marco biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    tell me one game they didn't screw up in its film version wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    A new rule please: no more adaptations of computer games.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2008 edited
    or remakes of "foreign" movies. or sequels. or prequels. or sequels of sequels. Get a life, Hollywood.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Beltrami for The Hobbit would be great!
    Much more so than Howard Shore, who did great as well, but anew voice is a good idea.

A bit like choosing Obama over Clinton. wink

Keeping with Shore would give it the continuaty factor it needs.

Beltrami is good but why change such a winning formula.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    tell me one game they didn't screw up in its film version wink

Hmmm....none, actually.

Christodoulides wrote
    or remakes of "foreign" movies. or sequels. or prequels. or sequels of sequels. Get a life, Hollywood.

YES! kiss
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

Indeed!

Unfortunately it's 'money' that rules over 'integrity' in Hollywood. slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Scoring "Amusement".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorKrish4479
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2008 edited
    I had not been a fan of Beltrami' music but I am curious as to what he can do for The Hobbit. I hope he gets the gig. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2008
    Krish4479 wrote
    I had not been a fan of Beltrami' music but I am curious as to what he can do for The Hobbit. I hope he gets the gig. smile

I don't. I'm a fan of his music but this is a film Howard Shore should score.

-Erik-
  4. Speaking of Marco Beltrami, why do FSM's Kaplans hate him.

A brief history of abuse:

From the brief period where their FSM podcast was a transcript:

DA: Birth, I think, is another excellent score that has a completely different sound. It's very much like minimalism crossed with Johan Strauss. Very rich waltzes and Glassy minimalism. Wonderful transmutations of material. Great development is sort of a theme this year, no pun intended. Desplat is a guy to watch. He's been around for a while, but he's working more and more stateside now.
    Al Kaplan: Did you hear Girl with the Pearl Earring?
    DA: Yes.
    AK: Jerry liked it.
    DA: Well, I'm not surprised, if it's anything like this…
    JK: …But he liked Marco Beltrami.
    DA / AK: [Laughing]

Meaning Jerry Goldsmith's taste is not always to be trusted, because he liked Marco Beltrami.

And from the editorial of the latest FSM Online:

"The two scores least likely (most likely?) to triumph next weekend are James Newton Howard's Michael Clayton and Marco Beltrami's 3:10 to Yuma, works similar in how utterly scaled down they are. JNH probably became the first composer in history to cry out "No!" when he found out about his nomination.Clayton might be even less interesting than The Kite Runner, but it would actually be funny to see JNH win for one of his most intentionally bland efforts to date. Hopefully this nomination is just a sign of admiration toward the composer, following up on his deserved nod for The Village, and not any indication that he's going to win. But the Clayton Oscar push is in full gear, and the plethora of ads (especially on the radio) could certainly have an effect. Marco Beltrami was likely the second composer to cry out "No!" after hearing of his nomination for 3:10 to Yuma, which is much more out of the blue. Perhaps the nomination should have been shared by director James Mangold, who by stripping away virtually all of the instrumentation, with the exception of the ever-sacred guitar stem, had more of a hand in the way the score turned out than did Beltrami."

Interesting...
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2008
    http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8528/mbcc0.jpg

biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2008
    He's in for a hell of a night! How do you pour a shot of that? dizzy

Seriously, where can I buy a bottle of vodka that big?! biggrin
  5. Beltrami is scoring Kathryn Bigelow's Iraq war drama The Hurt Locker according to a recent Blog Talk Radio interview: http://imdb.com/title/tt0887912/maindetails
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2008
    3:10 To Yuma on maintitles.net
    http://www.maintitles.net/reviews/3-10-to-yuma/
    Kazoo
  6. "Amusement" score is recorded.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  7. Started recording the score to the film "The Hurt Locker".
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2008
    According to IMDB, Marco Beltrami seems to be scoring the new film of Alex Proyas (Dark City, I Robot), "The Knowing". If this is true, I'm very happy to see him forming a new regular working relationship with another director. But the plot:

"A teacher (Cage) opens a time capsule that has been dug up at his son's elementary school; in it are some chilling predictions -- some that have already occurred and others that are about to -- that lead him to believe his family plays a role in the events that are about to unfold."

A second "NEXT" ???