• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2008
    And Next was a second ''Paycheck''. Even the score was a rip off... rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2008
    Marco will score this sci-fi flick

REPOSSESSION MAMBO

http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot.com/ … mambo.html

Interesting title...

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2008 edited
    I have only two Beltrami scores... the complete Hellboy and Underworld. I have to agree with one of the posters here, that Underworld is very different compared with Hellboy. Hellboy is a truly magnificent, weirdo score, a kind of Goldsmith/Elfman combo. Many interesting musical ideas, its great, period. Underworld however is indeed quite bleak and boring... it doesn't really have a theme, but some tracks are nice though, one track.. i don't know the name... has incredible heavy brass, which I really like. The rest of the score is a bit boring though. But that's my opinion of course.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I think his best scores are 3-10 To Yuma and Die Hard 4. The first one seems to be a ''serious'' attempt by Beltrami. The second, along with most of his other scores are just made up of totally enjoyable (but not necessarily meaningful) music. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Talos, if you have UNDERWORLD complete, that's no good. Get the regular one.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2008
    I have Hellboy original, and Hellboy complete... the Underworld I have is just the original.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    I think his best scores are 3-10 To Yuma and Die Hard 4. The first one seems to be a ''serious'' attempt by Beltrami. The second, along with most of his other scores are just made up of totally enjoyable (but not necessarily meaningful) music. smile

You want meaningful music... try Hellboy on for size. Glorious music!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    Die Hard 4 is a great sampler of Beltrami action music - I think he throws every action lick he's ever used in there somewhere.

Hellboy is unquestionably Beltrami's best score to date.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And i ask again: what about I,ROBOT? I have it at the same league with HELLBOY.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote

Me too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote

And Terminator 3....and Underworld: Evolution.
    I agree though, "I, Robot" is very good.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2008
    Dom wrote
    No suprise at all but Marco will score Max Payne directed by John Moore.

As Dom said above, here comes the upcomingfilmscores.blospot.com link as well:

--------------

Continuing to provide the musical accompaniment to director John Moore's visuals, Marco Beltrami will compose the original score for Max Payne, the film version of the 2001 Rockstar video game which is being produced by 20th Century Fox.

More info at:
    http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot.com/ … payne.html
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2008
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Me too.

Me too. But seriously, I think the guy is generally Pretty. Darn. Good. 'Nuff said.
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2008
    Mogens wrote
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Me too.

Me too. But seriously, I think the guy is generally Pretty. Darn. Good. 'Nuff said.

In an age of lacklustre film projects for composers to sink they're chops ( If they REALLY do have them ) into, Beltrami is definitely one I have my eye ( ear ) on.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2008
    Mogens wrote
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Me too.

Couldn't agree more! punk
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2008
    I like Flight of the Phoenix and 3:10 to Yuma. What other scores, Beltrami or not, do you also recommend based on those two examples?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2008
    The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada
  1. Christodoulides wrote
    Bleak and boring? Seriously? Ok! Maybe you're listening to a different score? Maybe you have plugs in your ears or something? rolleyes shocked tongue

Go now, please,program everything else out and play "Ol' Timey Music", "Morgue Medallion", "Trunkin'", "Beware of Dog", "Patricide", "Hell - Ride" and "William's Castle" - LOUD - and tell me, honestly, if "bleak" and "boring" are truly listed in the resulting emotions.

Finally Chris, I listened back to these samples, and you're right. Hearing the score again changed my view a bit, they are more rhythmically as I remember them to be, typical Beltrami at work here. I raised my rating up a bit, considering I still don't listen to it often, nor will I do so.

But thanks for proving me wrong, and that doesn't happen a lot that I accept my loss that easily man wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2008
    You're welcome mate, although i must admit that as it's on CD, it needs good programming in order to be thoroughly enjoyed. smile
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    You're welcome mate, although i must admit that as it's on CD, it needs good programming in order to be thoroughly enjoyed. smile

Indeed, you should shorten the album with a dozen tracks. But the examples you mentioned are typical Beltrami fury
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008
    MAX PAYNE

Product Details

* Audio CD (November 18, 2008)
    * Original Release Date: 2008
    * Number of Discs: 1
    * Format: Soundtrack
    * Label: La-La Land Records

http://www.amazon.com/Max-Payne-Marco-B … mp;s=music
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Can´t wait for both movie and score. One of the best videogames ever, I hope they´ve done a really good job with the script and the tones of action. And Beltrami scoring it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008 edited
    I can't recall a time when a game was adapted adequately (as in non-crap) on the big screen but i am certainly looking forward to the score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I hope this is the exception that confirms the rule.....I want to believe it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Will it be a simple action movie or a bit "deeper" one? I cannot find it out from the trailer.
  3. The game may give hopes for something deeper. It's a noir movie meets John Woo, really. I mean the game at least - one of my favorites.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. I don't know the games that well, but I don't recall the games having any flying demons. Is this basically made up bullshit or not?
  5. Maybe the nightmares?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  6. PawelStroinski wrote
    Maybe the nightmares?

we're the nightmares in the game ever shown?
    some people say it are his personal demons
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Please someone tell me how to enjoy The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada. I can't find anything to latch onto on there. The thing puts me to sleep.

And yet, I normally LOVE Beltrami especially his action style. All the major titles that have been mentioned already, they're tremendous fun. And to that I'd add Blade II, which often gets overlooked.

And I'll join the crowd saying that Hellboy is just one of the best things out there. As much as I like Elfman, I found myself so highly frustrated with the sequel's score and how unlike the original it was. I mean, I'm glad and all that Elfman stuck to his guns and didn't compromise his style by trying to emulate Beltrami, but still the question begs: why wasn't Beltrami simply hired instead? I think the frustration was made all the worse considering that one of Elfman's themes for the score actually begins with the same couple of notes as one of Beltrami's Hellboy theme, giving you hope that the score will go into familiar territory, but then frustrates you by segueing into something entirely different.

If there's a Hellboy 3, pleeeeease bring in Brian Tyler. He'll know how to merge the Beltrami and Elfman material into one cohesive blend. Just look at AVPR: it's such a seamless blend of Horner, Silvestri AND Tyler in one knock-your-socks-off package.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me