• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. The nightmares were actually playable.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. PawelStroinski wrote
    The nightmares were actually playable.

my brother will know if the movie stays true to the game, he played them
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    The game may give hopes for something deeper. It's a noir movie meets John Woo, really. I mean the game at least - one of my favorites.

Agree. That´s why I hope the script is good, or at least more than an excuse for a bunch of action sequences.

And it´s one of my favourites too.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008
    He'll better deliver something good for Max Payne. The game its soundtrack was one of the best in a long time, so please, Beltrami, deliver!
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  3. Max has quite a great character arc to him, that's true.
  4. Rian wrote
    He'll better deliver something good for Max Payne. The game its soundtrack was one of the best in a long time, so please, Beltrami, deliver!

Yes, that's a GREAT theme. In part two with a live cello, I LOVE IT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Rian wrote

Yes, that's a GREAT theme. In part two with a live cello, I LOVE IT!

Yes, very nice theme; I wonder if Beltrami has used it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008
    Max Payne has already been recorded and is a very minimalistic score. Some strings, a lot of brass, no woodwinds, some guitars and synths.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Listening Max Payne´s main theme as heard in Max Payne 2 I wish it gets a rendition in the movie, although I doubt Beltrami has ever heard it. I hope I´m wrong.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Dom wrote
    Max Payne has already been recorded and is a very minimalistic score. Some strings, a lot of brass, no woodwinds, some guitars and synths.

Interesting. Tell us more smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Dom wrote

So it's a Hans Zimmer score? tongue
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    Rian wrote

Yes, I agree, Max Payne 2 game ost is great. I like to listen it from time to time. The cello in the main theme of Max Payne 2 was performed by Perttu Kivilaakso, one of the cello players from the cello rock group Apocalyptica.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Interesting. Tell us more smile

That's all I know...
  5. I hope indeed the theme returns, it was very fitting for the game
    but alas, this will not happen consider directors don't give a crap as what a game and its soundtrack deliver

name one movie where the movie does the game and its score justice, and I only think of Silent Hill
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I hope indeed the theme returns, it was very fitting for the game
    but alas, this will not happen consider directors don't give a crap as what a game and its soundtrack deliver

Yeah, that´s exactly what I think too. I hope we are wrong though. I can´t imagine Max Payne without his theme.
  6. Marselus wrote
    Listening Max Payne´s main theme as heard in Max Payne 2 I wish it gets a rendition in the movie, although I doubt Beltrami has ever heard it. I hope I´m wrong.

I've never heard it but I'm looking forward to hearing what Beltrami has composed.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    I tend to like this guy's music. What are your recommendations?

I've heard Flight of the Phoenix, 3:10 to Yuma, and The Eye.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Panthera wrote

HELLBOY, I' ROBOT, TERMINATOR 3 & I AM DINA are all excellent. The first two above all others IMO.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. Timmer wrote
    Panthera wrote

HELLBOY, I' ROBOT, TERMINATOR 3 & I AM DINA are all excellent. The first two above all others IMO.

I'd agree with Tim: Hellboy and I, Robot are well worth seeking out. I have a personal soft spot for Underworld: Evolution so I'd include this with the first two as "essential purchases".
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2008 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Panthera wrote

I'd agree with Tim: Hellboy and I, Robot are well worth seeking out. I have a personal soft spot for Underworld: Evolution so I'd include this with the first two as "essential purchases".

I´d add The Crow: Salvation to Tim and Alan´s list. My personal Beltrami´s soft spot wink
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    Panthera wrote

I like Yuma, I am Dina, Mimic, Watcher.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    I like what he did with Terminator 3 too, though, but I have a weakness for rithmic scores. So yeah, I consider T3 and I, Robot among his best. Not too fond of Hellboy; maybe I should give it a try once more...
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  8. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Marselus wrote

I've never heard it but I'm looking forward to hearing what Beltrami has composed.

Listening to Kärtsy Hatakka's theme from the Max Payne game - thanks Marselus! - it's certainly a very memorable theme (and even better in Max Payne 2). But I'm not sure that it would translate to something as big as a movie and be able to support a whole score. But I would hope that Beltrami finds room for it somewhere in his score...if that's what the director wants...and all the permissions are given, etc.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2008
    Was the music in the trailer the music from the games?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    My favourite Beltrami's are Die Hard 4, xXx 2 and I,Robot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Marselus wrote
    I´d add The Crow: Salvation to Tim and Alan´s list. My personal Beltrami´s soft spot wink

Agreed. Beltrami's contribution, to me, is the highlight of an otherwise miserable series of "Crow" scores.

All the above recommendations are good, but also: Blade II, Scream 3, Dracula 2000, The Faculty. My favourite two are the same as Timmer's.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Marselus wrote

Listening to Kärtsy Hatakka's theme from the Max Payne game - thanks Marselus! - it's certainly a very memorable theme (and even better in Max Payne 2). But I'm not sure that it would translate to something as big as a movie and be able to support a whole score. But I would hope that Beltrami finds room for it somewhere in his score...if that's what the director wants...and all the permissions are given, etc.

You welcome Alan wink
    But I think it could be THE main theme of the movie (arranged by Beltrami, etc etc) if they´ve translated the mood of the game to the film. But I agree, I hope there is at least a little room for it.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm not really into the game or movie, but I saw some new stills came out today:

http://www.comingsoon.net/imageGallery/Max_Payne

smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    I'm not really into the game or movie, but I saw some new stills came out today:

http://www.comingsoon.net/imageGallery/Max_Payne

smile

Hey Anthony, play Max Payne ASAP, really. It is a 2001 game that looks better than most of present games. Not to talk about its story, characters and action. A masterpiece.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    max payne 2, the game, right? or you mean the original max payne game?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.