• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorMogens
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2007
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: Trunkin' - Underworld: Evolution - Marco Beltrami

punk

Totally agree - that's one kick ass cue! punk
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2007 edited
    A very interesting featurette on Marco's score for 3:10 to Yuma:

http://music.lionsgate.com/310/

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2007
    Thanks!
    Very interesting indeed. Too bad those featurettes are usually too short and not in all DVD´s. Should be mandatory in all DVD´s sad
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2007
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik,

T3 issue: stuck in the past a bit? wink

Not the point, I think.
    I agree that Fiedel's work on the first two Terminators was more in line with the films' modd and setting than Beltrami's work. Fieldel, with his synth-only approch, created a very stark and forebidding electronic landscape that to me is as much part of that apocalyptic fin-de-siècle feeling as the art design or the concept of the film.

Now that we're past the Millennium, things have turned a bit more 'baroque' again: likewise in Terminator 3, which even for it's unhappy ending (for which I still greatly admire writer and director), where much of the stark aspects were upgraded (up to the point that we even had an ubercute Terminatrice), including the score.

That said, I think Beltrami's score is a very good one, and I think it may even be my most played by him.
    And in fact, I'll choose -for a standalone listen- Beltrami's score evrey single time over Fiedel's as it's far more diverse and enjoyable. But Fiedel's score blended into -especially the first- film's action like sugar in coffee. So I'll happily argue Fiedel's score's value to the factual film over Beltrami's.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2008
    My copy of Marco's "Angel Eyes" has finally arrived. My girlfriend is gonna pick it up for me at the post office. Can't wait to finish the work and go home and enjoy it !

I've been looking for the score for five years !
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2008
    Martijn wrote

I agree that Fiedel's work on the first two Terminators was more in line with the films' modd and setting than Beltrami's work.

Hmm. They sounded like the work of a child to me. Those moments that the score isn't amateurish are probably down to coincidence.
  1. elenewton wrote
    My copy of Marco's "Angel Eyes" has finally arrived. My girlfriend is gonna pick it up for me at the post office. Can't wait to finish the work and go home and enjoy it !

I've been looking for the score for five years !

Angel Eyes, that hasn't been released or has it?
    It is a copy?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2008
    It's copy of some promo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, it's the promo that's been circulating for years now. The opening titles with the female vocals are top-notch but the rest of the material is nothing really special, imo.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    What are his projects for this year?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2008 edited
    msia2k75 wrote
    What are his projects for this year?

UPCOMING BELTRAMI SCORES according to http://www.filmmusicweekly.com/issues/F … 012208.pdf

Marco Beltrami: In the Electric Mist with Confederate Dead • The Eye.
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    A while ago, Len Wiseman (DH 4.0) was rumored to direct Gears of War and Escape from NY remake, which probably means he'd bring Marco on board. But then it looks like he's dropped from those projects...
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    Speaking of The Eye, since Jessica Alba stars as a violinist in the movie, I hope Marco makes some "The Village" style stuff... He seldomly uses violin in his scores, it seems.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Have you heard I AM DINA?

Also: Jessica Alba (first laugh), a violinist...?! (Second laugh)...damn that movie is going to be hilarious!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Marco Beltrami: • The Eye.

Another remake of an excellent asian movie. Man are this guys in Hollywood ever stop producing these remakes?

Christodoulides wrote
    Jessica Alba (first laugh), a violinist...?! (Second laugh)

biggrin biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote

Also: Jessica Alba (first laugh), a violinist...?! (Second laugh)...

She can give me a fiddle if she wants.
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    Christodoulides wrote

Also: Jessica Alba (first laugh), a violinist...?! (Second laugh)...damn that movie is going to be hilarious!

I thought I am Dina was about a cellist...maybe I'm wrong...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    She can give me a fiddle if she wants.

LLLLLOOOOOLLLLL!!!!!!
    lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    elenewton wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I thought I am Dina was about a cellist...maybe I'm wrong...

She was. Violins, celli, where's the difference? Who cares? They're all big brown wooden things which they constantly try to saw with a very soft and - apparently not sharp enough - screeching chain saw. Dumbasses;
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2008
    MARCO BELTRAMI - THE EYE (INTERVIEW)

Tune in to a new edition of On the Score at www.filmmusicmag.com, as 3:10 TO YUMA's Oscar-nominated composer Marco Beltrami hears new fear in THE EYE.

THE EYE is the latest, and perhaps scariest horror score from the man behind the likes of HELLBOY, MIMIC, UNDERWORLD: EVOLUTION and the SCREAM series. In this revealing interview, Beltrami reminisces on his beginnings as a student of Jerry Goldsmith's, reluctantly finding his forte as a genre composer, and how the Academy's recognition of 3:10 TO YUMA will likely change a career that's already going blockbuster strong with such scores as TERMINATOR 3 and LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD.

It's the kind of revealing film music talk that you'll only find at Film Music Radio. And be sure to stay tuned for our archived interviews, which include composer Brian Tyler and directors Colin and Greg Strause (ALIEN VS. PREDATOR- REQUIEM), Mark Isham and director Frank Darabont (THE MIST), Golden Globe nominee Michael Brook (INTO THE WILD) and Charlie Clouser (RESIDENT EVIL: EXTINCTION).

author: Daniel Schweiger
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    I cant wait to hear Charlie Clouser.... and what has inspired him behind Resident Evil: Extinction!
    Film music at its greatest! lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    msia2k75 wrote
    I cant wait to hear Charlie Clouser.... and what has inspired him behind Resident Evil: Extinction!

Euhm, ok. biggrin

(btw, the interview with Clouser is already online, just go to the On The Score page with Beltrami's interview. Archived interviews are on the left. smile )
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    msia2k75 wrote

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2008 edited
    Did anyone listen to the interview from On The Score?

Hilarious quote after Schweiger compliments him with Mimic and Hellboy

Beltrami: "You bastard Guillermo, you should've hired me for Hellboy 2. (laugh explosion of the interviewer) That was like the best score I've done, you know... Oh man"

biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

Also very nice to hear him talking about Goldsmith. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Yeah that was quite funny and honest....and quite true. Shame on Del Toro if it was his decision. angry crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2008
    Will somebody please give Daniel Schweiger a set of balls!
  2. now that Guillermo is gonna direct The Hobbit, will Beltrami be on board as composer? Don't get me wrong, if one man needs to return to Middle Earth its Howard Shore!!!

But I just can't help thinking what Beltrami might do with something like this? wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    now that Guillermo is gonna direct The Hobbit, will Beltrami be on board as composer? Don't get me wrong, if one man needs to return to Middle Earth its Howard Shore!!!

But I just can't help thinking what Beltrami might do with something like this? wink

Oh no, for the love of God, no! I do NOT want Beltrami on that project!! shocked

Don't get me wrong, Beltrami has done some things right (3:10 to Yuma is a great score), but I do not think he'll be the right man for The Hobbit! At all!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    now that Guillermo is gonna direct The Hobbit, will Beltrami be on board as composer? Don't get me wrong, if one man needs to return to Middle Earth its Howard Shore!!!

I'd say that with Jackson on board as producer and if he has patched things up with Shore then Shore will be the composer of The Hobbit films.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Beltrami for The Hobbit would be great!
    Much more so than Howard Shore, who did great as well, but anew voice is a good idea.

A bit like choosing Obama over Clinton. wink
    Kazoo