• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    max payne 2, the game, right? or you mean the original max payne game?

I mean the original Max Payne. The second part didn´t live up to the former. Also a great game, but nothing compred to the first one.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    better graphics though wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I mean the original Max Payne. The second part didn´t live up to the former. Also a great game, but nothing compred to the first one.

I'm just looking at some screenshots and videos. I was about to say "it looks really similar to GTA". Then I looked at the developer. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I'm just looking at some screenshots and videos. I was about to say "it looks really similar to GTA". Then I looked at the developer. tongue

Oh, you don´t shoot like in Max Payne in GTA biggrin wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Isn't it like the Matrix or something? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Isn't it like the Matrix or something? biggrin

Well, obviously influenced by the bullet time efffect from Matrix.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yes, it has bullet time and all, very Matrix-influenced.
  1. Actually, the biggest influence on Max Payne, as the authors themselves say, was John Woo.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote

Well, ideally, you should play both after each other. The first game was 'different' (because of the obvious Matrix influences from the time people díd want to see a second Matrix movie). The second game - in my opinion - has a better story and a slightly more varied setting. These are definitely two games that changed the gaming world forever. (+ The music in 2 was better dizzy )
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, i played only the 2nd one and quite liked it. Never played the first one though.
  2. I played the first one two times (and adored it) and am currently tempted to give it a third run, followed by Part 2. But on the other hand, leaving the beautiful autumn colours of Hobbitton for the snow blizzard ridden hell of New York City isn´t exactly what my Feng Shui counsellor would suggest. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2008 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Actually, the biggest influence on Max Payne, as the authors themselves say, was John Woo.

Indeed. The scenarios and the action set pieces are John Woo 100%.

Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah, i played only the 2nd one and quite liked it. Never played the first one though

Play it, play it now!

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I played the first one two times (and adored it) and am currently tempted to give it a third run

I can´t even remember how many times I´ve played Max Payne, but I do remember each time was different and as axciting as the first one.

Poor Beltrami, we´ve gone a bit off topic tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    MAX PAYNE

CD COVER

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5 … SS500_.jpg
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    What the hell are those big winged things that look like they're from Harry Potter?? shocked
  3. Buck Sanders's first official co-credit?

Seems Beltrami wants to promote Sanders to start his career - the guy's been his assistant for quite a while and I think it was him who constructed the theremin for Hellboy.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Buck Sanders's first official co-credit?

Seems Beltrami wants to promote Sanders to start his career - the guy's been his assistant for quite a while and I think it was him who constructed the theremin for Hellboy.

Still no Marcus Trumpp though. sad
  4. Maybe Trumpp got some of his work thanks to a good word of mouth from Beltrami?
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2008
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Maybe Trumpp got some of his work thanks to a good word of mouth from Beltrami?

I'm sure Beltrami introduced Trumpp to Wes Craven, hence the solo assignment for Trumpp on "The Breed".
  5. Exactly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    What the hell are those big winged things that look like they're from Harry Potter?? shocked

Maybe something related to the Valkyr drug?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

How should I know? I've only read the game plot summary on Wikipedia! tongue biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

How should I know? I've only read the game plot summary on Wikipedia! tongue biggrin

Anthony, play the game! crazy tongue

I´m pretty sure it has to be the Valkyr thing; that, or the film version of Payne´s nightmares.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2008
    La-La Land has samples for the Max Payne cd. Not quite what i was expecting... sad

http://www.lalalandrecords.com/MaxPayne.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2008
    Rian wrote
    La-La Land has samples for the Max Payne cd. Not quite what i was expecting... sad

http://www.lalalandrecords.com/MaxPayne.html

slant

Seems like an 80´s score to me. Ans sadly I doubt he has used the videogames main theme for Payne. Too bad.
  6. Although it starts off a bit '80s synthy the rhythmic low strings sounds good - certainly enough to make me want to hear more.

I'd imagine that since Buck Sanders got a share of the credit "up front" there was going to be a significant amount of synth/modified sound in the soundtrack?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2008
    I've postponed on odering it. I was hoping for something completely else, and it doesn't really even sound like a Beltrami score to me. Let's wait for some reviews and more samples.
  7. Rian wrote
    I've postponed on odering it. I was hoping for something completely else, and it doesn't really even sound like a Beltrami score to me. Let's wait for some reviews and more samples.

That's funny, because listening to the clips over at La-La Land Records it sounds quite Beltrami-like - most of the time. The rhythmic, low strings especially.

Though the first few seconds of the first track remind me more of something like John Carpenter's Escape From New York.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2008
    If the composer of the upcoming Castlevania movie doesn't incorporates any of the classic themes from the video game series into his score, I'm committing murder and/or suicide.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2008
    MAX PAYNE | MORE SOUND CLIPS

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=10753
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2008
    MESRINE (CD)
    Marco Beltrami, Marcus Trumpp

Based on the book of the same name, the fictional story of French gangster Jacques Mesrine followed by Public Enemy Number 1. 2008

COVERT ART / SOUND CLIPS / TRACKLISTING
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=10977