• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2008
    You had an unlimited budget to make any film you wanted using any actor or actress in history and any composer alive or dead, this includes being able, for example, to chose Jerry Goldsmith from his 1970's period or John Williams at the time he did 'Empire' etc etc.....

What would you want to make with this unlimited wealth and talent?

Have fun cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ...and sorcery skills.

Will think about this one, I'm always saying wouldn't it be great if they used so and so for this, or this composer for that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I'd rent Angelina Jolie all to myself, for a week. The only appropriate music i can think of would be something by Herman Beeftink or the like.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    ...and sorcery skills.

Will think about this one, I'm always saying wouldn't it be great if they used so and so for this, or this composer for that.

beer

Having just initiated this thread I haven't actually thought up anything myself yet?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    If this was pre-LOTR, I'd arrange for the continuation of the 1978 Ralph Bakshi animated movie to finally be produced, with the same animation studio and Leonard Rosenman. Until Peter Jackson come along, I was waiting for that sequel all my life. Now that we have the live-action masterpieces though, I see no more point in that.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthormarkck
    This is not an easy question. When you're done answering it, if you answer it fully, you're ready to begin writing a script treatment.

Someone once said that the Leone Dollars films were basically about wars between the gods - everyone else was just there for the gods to play with. I like that description of his work and would probably start with that concept. Since I am not a composer fan, I am a score fan, I would chose Randy Edelman. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2008 edited
    I would have got Spielberg to direct the first Star Wars prequel with as little input from Lucas as possible. I'd have used miniatures as much as possible and kept CGI to a minimum! (But still use it where it's needed of course.) I would also NOT have made a CGI Yoda. I would have used a puppet for EVERY scene, even if that meant cutting out his fight scenes.

For the second film? Perhaps Stephen Sommers. His script writing skills may not always be that great, but he sure knows how to entertain. The third? Perhaps back to Spielberg? Maybe Ridley Scott... I'd like to see how he would handle the drama in the third act.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I would have got Spielberg to direct the first Star Wars prequel with as little input from Lucas as possible. I'd have used miniatures as much as possible and kept CGI to a minimum! (But still use it where it's needed of course.) I would also NOT have made a CGI Yoda. I would have used a puppet for EVERY scene, even if that meant cutting out his fight scenes.

For the second film? Perhaps Stephen Sommers. His script writing skills may not always be that great, but he sure knows how to entertain. The third? Perhaps back to Spielberg? Maybe Ridley Scott... I'd like to see how he would handle the drama in the third act.

Would you hire the John Williams from his Star Wars prime?
  1. I would make Clancy's Rainbow Six, directed by me, scored by Hans Zimmer (and I would make him do it alone and conducting the score himself). Actors - Rade Shedbergia as Dmitri Popov, the likes of Burt Lancaster or Paul Newman for John Brightling, Danny Nucci or John Leguizamo as Domingo "Ding" Chavez, maybe WIllem Dafoe as John Clark. Joanna Cassidy as Brightling's wife, Carol.

Director of Photography - Andrzej Bartkowiak or Slawomir Idziak.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    I would do a remake of the Castlevania movie due to come out next year. Okay, it's harsh to consider doing a remake of a film that's not even out yet, but I'm being realistic: this film has about 90% chances of making my heart bleed and childhood memories die in painful drawn-out agony. Especially if the score doesn't draw upon the original themes of the video games.

I would do mine ala Highlander (cutting back and forth between different generations of Belmonts) and I'd have Mel Gibson as Simon Belmont, Billy Zane as Richter Belmont, Anthony Hopkins as Trevor Belmont, Angelina Jolie as Sonia Belmont, and Johnny Depp as Alucard. No idea who would be Dracula.

For music I would go straight to the source and hire members of the Konami Kukeiha Club. The very people who wrote the original Castlevania music. Taking no chances. Heck, never mind that, I'd probably write the score myself just to be sure.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    COMING SOON in a theatre near you:

---------------------------------

Darryl F. Zanuck Proudly Presents

flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash
    THE SECRET OF MONKEY ISLAND
    flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash

A PAUL VERHOEVEN FILM
    Starring
    CHARLTON HESTON as LeChuck
    CHRISTIAN BALE as Guybrush Threepwood
    JANE RUSSELL as governor Elaine Marley

Also Starring
    Stan: Bud Abbott
    Captain Smirk: Hulk Hogan
    Meathook: Wallace Beery
    Carla the Swordmaster: Michelle Rodriguez

Special guest star:
    EDWARD G. ROBINSON
    as the voice of Murray, The Demonic Talking Skull

All other parts voiced by MEL BLANC

Photography: John Alcott
    Music: Basil Poledouris

Special Effects by Industrial Light and Magic
    Special Effects supervisor: Phil Tippett
    Special Effects Consultant: Ray Harryhausen

Advisor to Mr. Poledouris: Bob Marley
    Advisor to Mr. Verhoeven: Edward Teach

Adapted, edited and cocktails by Martijn

'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn,

That was PURE AND UTTER CLASS! biggrin beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I don't necessarily know which actors I'd hire, but it would definitely be a big-ass action film set in Dubai...

...scored by...Giacchino!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    So how's that Giacchino fansite coming along?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anthony wrote
    I don't necessarily know which actors I'd hire, but it would definitely be a big-ass action film set in Dubai...

Why
    Dubai
    ?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Martijn wrote
    Anthony wrote

Why
    Dubai
    ?

I'm just waiting for them to take Bond there. How awesome does that place look! shocked spin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    So how's that Giacchino fansite coming along?

It ain't. The Four Trombones is enough. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Anthony wrote

Why
    Dubai
    ?

I'm just waiting for them to take Bond there. How awesome does that place look! shocked spin

Awesomely FAKE!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Martijn wrote
    COMING SOON in a theatre near you:

Darryl F. Zanuck Proudly Presents

THE SECRET OF MONKEY ISLAND

Superlative suggestion! cheesy

Look over there, a three-headed monkey!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Anthony wrote

Why
    Dubai
    ?

Awesomely FAKE!

Pah! In terms of style, I think it would work brilliantly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Where's Dubai?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    In the United Arab Emirates.

Awesome.

Awesome.

Awesome!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    That is fascinating architecture!!! 2nd link didn't work though.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2008
    Try this one.

At some point in my life, I am going there. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2008 edited
    If I had the knowhow, money and power, I would executive produce a seven season Harry Potter television series with JKR writing, James Newton Howard composing, John Woo filming, and James Cameron directing.

Oh, and Angelina Jolie would be my choice for Mc Gonagal, Nicole Kidman for Narcissa, and Adrien Brody as Snape. Jason may stay as Lucius, of course. He rocks. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthormarkck
    Ralph Kruhm wroteOh, and Angelina Jolie would be my choice for Mc Gonagal

Wow, what a choice. Do you just like Anglina Jolie so much that you need to stuff her in somewhere? How about as Rita Skeeter?

Ralph Kruhm wroteJason may stay as Lucius, of course. He rocks. wink

Yes he does! If I were JK, after seeing him the role, I would have written more parts for him just based on his portrayal. He was one of the best things about the second film.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Try this one.

At some point in my life, I am going there. cool

Just because I said it is FAKE doesn't mean I wouldn't mind travelling there, in fact I've had an offer several times as one of my best friends has been living and working in Dubai for the last two years, I may even take him up on that offer next year? I'll have a serious think about it.

Out of choice Dubai wouldn't even hit my top 100 places to visit but that's just me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    markck wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wroteOh, and Angelina Jolie would be my choice for Mc Gonagal

Wow, what a choice. Do you just like Anglina Jolie so much that you need to stuff her in somewhere? How about as Rita Skeeter?
    No, as a matter of fact she´s not my type. I just think she has all the attributes the role needs, the right kind of respect, the right kind of physical strength (especially regarding to the later events - poor Maggie Smith, no wonder they cut her action scene from Part V). And she´s definitely a Gryffindor Cat, isn´t she? And Rita was spot on, as was Umbridge.

Ralph Kruhm wroteJason may stay as Lucius, of course. He rocks. wink

Yes he does! If I were JK, after seeing him the role, I would have written more parts for him just based on his portrayal. He was one of the best things about the second film.
    He begged her to give him more to do. I think it was him who made her think about to change the role of the malfoys in Book 7.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    On the wings of Ralph's excellent suggestion, I'm gonna go forward with a long-running pipe dream of mine.

Instead of an inane chronicle of the clone wars, I would fill the air with hours upon hours of televised wonder adapting every single Star Wars novel one by one, in chronological order. Since it'd be a series, each book could take as long as it needs to go through all its plot without skipping any important scene. Some would be only a couple of episodes long, others could be entire chunks of a season.

I'd get Joss Whedon for that. And Joel McNeely. (with Kevin Kiner, Ron Jones, Dennis McCarthy and Joel Goldsmith on standby to give McNeely a few breaks)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    something to ponder
    listen to more classical music!