• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007
    Another post for all things concerning this great, much loved and very much missed composer.

Right now I'm playing his Magnificent Seven, one of the most iconic western scores ever.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. To Kill A Mockingbird is one of my top 10 favorite scores of all time. It should have beaten Lawrence of Arabia for the Oscar IMHO.
    I'm your Piper at the gates of dawn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2007
    Who's Elmer Bernstein?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    The younger, less successful brother of Leonard.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    The younger, less successful brother of Leonard.

Desist, desist....my ribs hurt rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthordjdave
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2008 edited
    Bernstein's McQ, from John Wayne's Seattle-based cop film, is a corker. He used different sized groups of musicians for different cues.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2008 edited
    Wow! Varese releases a 4-CD set of his rejected scores for Gangs of New York, Journey of Natty Gann and The Scarlet Letter

http://www.varesesarabande.com/details. … 608%2D1076

Just listened to the clips of Gangs - sounds like it's going to be a very fine album.

edit: and now I've listened to the clips of Scarlet - and it sounds even better!
  2. Is that Loreena Mc Kennitt in audio clip #11? shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    shocked

A LOT of money though.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2008
    Bregt wrote
    shocked

A LOT of money though.

slant sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Bregt wrote
    shocked

A LOT of money though.

What's $60 between friends?
  3. Well, from the time they announced to the time I would have gotten back from work, it would have been 16+ hours and I was worried of missing out, but luckily -- or unluckily -- something broke on my car, so here I am missing work and waiting to take it over to a mechanic.

This is a very cool release. I've known for about three years Varese was going to do it. They were also going to do "A River Runs Through It", but I guess that'll be saved for a future box set.

Damn shame Horner's replaced score to Gann wasn't included.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    justin boggan wrote

Maybe some other label with Disney ties is working on it...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. Maybe Intrada?...

Oh, Erik -- who is Number 1?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    justin boggan wrote

Maybe some other label with Disney ties is working on it...

-Erik-

I sure hope this opens up possibilities for unreleased gems from Ron Goodwin and Henry Mancini.

Oh, and a complete The Black Hole please! biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    justin boggan wrote
    Maybe Intrada?...

Sorry?

confused

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    justin boggan wrote
    Maybe Intrada?...

Justin, You are either Number 6 or Spartacus wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Maybe Intrada?...

Sorry?

confused

-Erik-

Patrick McGoowan - The Prisoner

You are not a number Erik, You are a free man! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Ooooooookaaaaaaaay! The only Number 1 I know of is Will Riker! biggrin

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    justin boggan wrote
    This is a very cool release. I've known for about three years Varese was going to do it. They were also going to do "A River Runs Through It", but I guess that'll be saved for a future box set.

How?
  5. tjguitar wrote
    justin boggan wrote

How?

How what?

Erik Woods wrote
    Ooooooookaaaaaaaay! The only Number 1 I know of is Will Riker! biggrin

-Erik-

So, there is no first officer ... down there? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Justin... what are you getting at?

-Erik-
  6. Humor. But maybe it's too early in the day for you. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    justin boggan wrote
    Humor. But maybe it's too early in the day for you. wink

Well, I didn't get it. Sorry. Can you explain it to me?

-Erik-
  7. That would be telling...

I'd liek to point out to everyone that this boxed set marks nearly half of all Bernstein's rejected scores being on CD (not counting the two bootlegs).
  8. This 4-CD set was an immediate purchase for me. Looking forward to this arriving next month. spin
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  9. Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Maybe Intrada?...

Sorry?

confused

-Erik-

Patrick McGoowan - The Prisoner

You are not a number Erik, You are a free man! cheesy

I can't belive I missed this one...

Eirk is not a free man, he's married. moon
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    justin boggan wrote
    tjguitar wrote
    justin boggan wrote

How?

How what?

How idd you know it was coming?
  10. A little bird told me...
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    justin boggan wrote
    A little bird told me...

any birds say anything else?