• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2014
    I believe I've got the main title on a compilation also.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  1. Silva has done a re-recording. It's on their EB double disc album.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I have the classic Denon album BERNSTEIN ON BERNSTEIN. A must-have, IMO (even if you have all the scores separately).
    I am extremely serious.
  2. http://www.amazon.de/Elmar-Bernstein-Be … TEIN+Denon

This one I guess.

The Silva compilation isn't bad either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    That's the one. I'm not familiar with the Silva.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The Silva is good. It includes a suite from fan-favourite AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON ( which, for such a short film score, still has a particular piece missing rolleyes )
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2014
    not too sure about that one although I do have this release.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2014
    New releases from Intrada include General Electric Theatre (1950s tv show) and See No Evil (1970s thriller).
  3. The General Electric Theater album is a re-issue of an old LP and is currently available as a digital download. I assume that the sound has been improved.

The other title is a premier release.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2014
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2014 edited
    Southall wrote
    My review of Themes from the General Electric Theater:

http://www.movie-wave.net/themes-from-t … c-theater/

When this was announced, my eyes popped a bit. I was not aware of the old LP soundtrack of this show (of which this is a CD reissue), and for a moment I thought maybe Williams' material had been released. Alas, it was not. Still, it's good for Bernstein fans and of 60s television scores.

But everytime I see that title, I can't help but yearn for the Williams episodes, as I do any of his completely unreleased material -- both films and television.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I wonder if they're lost forever. This one (which is just glorious) is a re-recording for the album at the time, and given there was no album at the time for any of the other composers' music (which includes Goldsmith too) then perhaps the raw materials just aren't around any more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, I think that's very likely. In fact -- like most other anthology shows at the time -- none of the episodes were ever released in any format. Not VHS, not DVD, not Bluray, not anything. So there's no way to extract anything from that either.

I sometimes see an episode pop up on Youtube (taped once upon a time by collectors and fans), but that's about it. It's really a shame, since many of these shows had some excellent scores by some of our biggest composers today.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2014
    According to Wikipedia there's a DVD of every episode housed in the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, so all you need to do is go there!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2014
    Ah. I'll probably never set my foot there, but nice to know.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Thanks to an FSM member who found this. The scoring of "Hawaii". See Elmer and orchestra perform the original score:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl57SwVXRw0
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. For curiosities sake: a short film he scored in 1953:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byyQtGb3dvA
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  6. An episode of "Ripleys Believe it or Not!" that he scored:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2lp8HnfONg

Just wouldn't be an Elmer score without ondes in it.
  7. Has anyone bought the new Intrada release of 'The Ten Commandments'? If so, how is it? I've been very tempted to order it but can't really afford it at the moment (especially with the pound as it is and the new US shipping rates) so any informed feedback very much appreciated.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2016
    It should come in any day now. I'll let you know!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  8. Cool, looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it!
  9. Did it ever arrive Martijn?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2016
    Yes...and then was accidentally sent back because the Dutch postal services are a bunch of !)*@&#$% wankers.
    So now Intrada kindly has sent it back out AGAIN...but only yesterday.
    So I'm in for another five-ten days of waiting.

*sigh*
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  10. Martijn wrote
    Yes...and then was accidentally sent back because the Dutch postal services are a bunch of !)*@&#$% wankers.
    So now Intrada kindly has sent it back out AGAIN...but only yesterday.
    So I'm in for another five-ten days of waiting.

*sigh*

Gosh, really? wink
  11. Argh, that's so frustrating Martijn!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2016
    Martijn wrote
    the Dutch postal services are a bunch of !)*@&#$% wankers

I believe there is interest to fix that. wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2016
    Bregt wrote
    Martijn wrote
    the Dutch postal services are a bunch of !)*@&#$% wankers

I believe there is interest to fix that. wink

Having just had three packages lost by the Belgian Kiala service, I have to say that "fix" is not the first word that comes to mind....
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2016 edited
    [sorry, wrong thread]
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2017