• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. tjguitar wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    A little bird told me...

any birds say anything else?

Yes ... see the "News" scrolling box on the index page of my Rejected Scores site...
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2008
    Man I really hope they release a complete of his Black Cauldron. I love that score! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    DemonStar wrote
    Man I really hope they release a complete of his Black Cauldron. I love that score! smile

Yes please, yes please!!! lick
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote

Absolutely. I still have the Varese LP. Excellent cover too! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. I've never seen the cover "up close" - just a small CD case-sized photocopy - but it does look interesting. Maybe you could fish it out for when we pop down to Bristol next month?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I've never seen the cover "up close" - just a small CD case-sized photocopy - but it does look interesting. Maybe you could fish it out for when we pop down to Bristol next month?

Sure, but you'll have to remind me nearer the time. smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. There's also Zulu Dawn, the superior sequel score.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2008
    TWO GREAT ELMER BERNSTEIN SCORES MAKE THEIR CD DEBUT!

Kritzerland is proud to present its newest limited edition CD – two rare scores from Elmer Bernstein.

LAURETTE Music from the play

Produced in 1960, Laurette starred Judy Holliday, was directed by Jose Quintero, and produced by Alan Pakula. It was a bio-play based on the life of the legendary actress Laurette Taylor. Mr. Bernstein provided a background score for the show, which unfortunately closed out of town before getting to Broadway. The music is pure Elmer and is an interesting transitional score from his bigger and jazzier scores of that era to the type of score he would shortly provide for To Kill A Mockingbird. The scoring is beautiful, delicate, and filled with wonderful melodies.

PRINCE JACK Original Soundtrack Recording

Prince Jack was a low-budget film written and directed by Bert Lovitt (adapted from his play), a series of vignettes about the presidency of John F. Kennedy, starring Dana Andrews, Kenneth Mars, Jim Backus, Theodore Bikel, Lloyd Nolan, Robert Guillaime, and others. Originally, there was little budget for any music, and source and library music was going to be used. However, when the film came in under budget, the leftover money was used to hire Elmer Bernstein to provide a small amount of original scoring. Even though quite brief and scored for a smaller ensemble of about twenty musicians, the score has all the hallmarks of its composer – wonderful melodies, and terrific dramatic writing. It’s very much in the style of his 1980s films, including the use of the Ondes Martinot.

Mastered from the best available sources, there are some sound anomalies, but every effort has been made to minimize any problems. The CD runs just under thirty minutes. Given the archival nature of the release and the brevity, we are offering these two rare scores at a special price of $15.98 (plus shipping).

This release is limited to 1000 copies only.

CDs will ship in early November – preorders usually ship one to two weeks earlier.

To place an order, see the cover, or hear audio samples, just visit www.kritzerland.com
  4. Listened to a few samples. I epsecially liked "Prince Jack", which had some hints of "Ghostbusters" in it.

Less than 400 left of the original 1,000 -- and it's only been online for about three hours. It'll be gone tomorrow morning I wager; get it now if you want it!
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2008
    Good for Bruce.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
  5. Intrada releases "Desire Under the Elms":

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2166

At the rate Bernstein is going for releases, one might consider this The Year of Bernstein.
  6. Yeah, how many unreleased Bernsteins could there possibly be left?

(I know that at this board, unlike FSM, that question will be accepted as rhetorical, and not answered with a list of obscure gems.)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  7. Half his rejected scores, the rest of "Ghostbusters", and of course TV shows like "Gunsmoke".
  8. Thankyou for spectacularly contradicting my expectations. angry

wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2008
    franz_conrad wrote
    Thankyou for spectacularly contradicting my expectations. angry

wink

With Justin around you were asking for it wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2009
    The rumours were true... the Paramount vaults have opened. Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit making soundtrack release predictions.

-------------------

MAYDAY! MAYDAY! MAYDAY!
    THIS IS AN URGENT MAYDAY ALERT…

"THIS FRIDAY IS MAYDAY. IN HONORARIUM OF THE RUSSIAN NEW YEAR, LA-LA LAND RECORDS IS ANNOUCING THE UPCOMING RELEASE OF
    A VERY SPECIAL CD."

"A very special CD? What is it?"

"A ROUND PLASTIC DISC THAT HOLDS DIGITAL AUDIO INFORMATION… BUT THAT’S NOT IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW."

"Surely, you can’t mean it’s…"

"YES, IT’S EXACTLY THAT…
    AND DON’T CALL US 'SHIRLEY'."

Undoubtedly, there will be hundreds of new soundtracks released throughout the rest of 2009. But, seriously, why settle for steak or fish when you can have lasagna?

La-La Land Records proudly announces the premiere of the first officially licensed CD soundtrack release of Elmer Bernstein’s landmark score to the 1980 Paramount Pictures comedy classic AIRPLANE!, written and directed by David Zucker, Jim Abrahams and Jerry Zucker.

Produced by Dan Goldwasser, the score has been remastered by Michael Matessino from score mixer Dan Wallin’s original 3 Channel mixes (LCR), retrieved from the Paramount Pictures vault.

Exclusive 20-Page CD booklet features in-depth liner notes, with photos and new comments from writer/directors Jim Abrahams, David Zucker and Jerry Zucker, producer Jon Davison and others. This Limited Edition of 3000 Units includes special BONUS TRACKS featuring alternate takes.

The perfect compliment to a Russian New Year parade, dancing and hot hors d’oeuvers, AIRPLANE!: THE LIMITED EDITION CD has been hailed by Capt. Rex Kramer as “Even better than a kick to the head with an iron boot!”

AIRPLANE! is scheduled for departure from La-La Land Records next month! Orders commence at www.lalalandrecords .com on May 12th at 12pm noon (PST). Shipping May 19th.

Air traffic control also confirms Paramount Pictures has cleared La-La Land Records to line up more exciting scores for final approach in the near future.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Main Title 1:54
    Contains “Theme from Jaws” by John Williams
    Duchess Music Corporation (BMI)
    2. Kiss Off 0:48
    3. Ambulance Arrives* 0:32
    4. Hari Krishna/Ticket/ Nervous** 2:45
    5. Lisa/Farewell/ Take Off**/
    Another Meeting 3:18
    6. Fighting Girls 0:47
    7. Love Theme from AIRPLANE! 1:07
    8. From Here to There 2:08
    9. Head/Memory 1:14
    10. Shimmer/Molumbo 1:02
    11. Zip/Eggs/Roger, Take Over 2:34
    12. Wild Violins/Sickness/ Idea 2:26
    13. Thar She Blows!/Flash/ Panel 2:23
    14. “Where the Hell is Kramer?”*/Trouble 1:02
    15. Mayday 0:56
    16. Punch-Up/Kramer 1:14
    17. Clumsy 0:56
    18. Dog Fight/Failure/ Pep Talk/
    Notre Dame Victory March/Master 3:45
    Contains “Notre Dame Victory March” by Michael J. Shea,
    J.H. O'Donnell & John F. Shea
    Edwin H. Morris & Co., a division of MPL Communications, Inc. (ASCAP)
    19. News 0:56
    20. “Runway is Niner”*/”The Gear is Down
    and We're Ready to Land”* 1:03
    21. Crasher 4:02
    22. Resolution/Tag 1:52
    Contains “1812 Overture, Op. 49” by Peter Tchaikovsky
    23. Notre Dame Victory March 2:01
    Michael J. Shea, J.H. O'Donnell & John F. Shea

BONUS TRACKS:
    24. Tavern 0:35
    25. Everything's Coming Up Roses* 0:20
    (Stephen Sondheim and Jule Steyn, Arr. Elmer Bernstein)
    Chappell & Co., Inc. (ASCAP)
    26. Instruments 0:13
    27. Disco** 0:31
    28. Kiss Off (Alternate)* 0:47
    29. Fighting Girls (Alternate)* 0:44
    30. From Here to There (Instrumental) 2:08
    31. Molumbo (Alternate)* 0:52
    32. Zip (Original Version) 0:32
    33. News (Alternates) * 1:49
    34. Dog Fight (Short Version) 0:37
    35. “Runway is Niner” (Alternate)* 0:31
    36. “The Gear is Down and We’re Ready to Land” (Alternate)* 0:30
    37. Tag (Instrumental) 1:15
    Contains “1812 Overture, Op. 49” by Peter Tchaikovsky
    TOTAL TIME: 52:38
    * track not contained in film
    ** contains music not used in film
    Music Published by Sony/ATV Harmony (ASCAP)
    Except where noted

Soundtrack Album Producer for La-La Land Records:
    Dan Goldwasser
    Executive Soundtrack Album Producers for La-La Land Records:
    MV Gerhard and Matt Verboys
    Executive in Charge of Music for Paramount Pictures:
    Randy Spendlove>>
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    and dan g is now a producer, great
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote

Do you mean that or are you being sarcastic?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    Erik Woods wrote
    sdtom wrote

-Erik-

Yeah, what do you mean by that? I was a co-producer on BLAZING SADDLES, and (basically) did all the work that a producer would have done on GODZILLA..... So, is this a good thing, or a bad thing?
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The possibilities are terrific. I can't believe that of all the great Paramount scores people have been crying out for for years, Airplane is the first one to get through the cracks... but I for one can't wait for it. I imagine the album will be a very fragmented listening experience (so many short cues) but there's probably not another film that I've watched more than this one, so for once I will be delighted to have the CD as a "reliving the film" kind of experience. (And that theme is GREAT!)
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    Southall wrote
    The possibilities are terrific. I can't believe that of all the great Paramount scores people have been crying out for for years, Airplane is the first one to get through the cracks... but I for one can't wait for it. I imagine the album will be a very fragmented listening experience (so many short cues) but there's probably not another film that I've watched more than this one, so for once I will be delighted to have the CD as a "reliving the film" kind of experience. (And that theme is GREAT!)

Obviously it remains to be heard.... but we aim to maximize the listening experience. Hence, the track list indicates tracks combine cues.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    In this case it won't be a problem for me. Like I said, I've seen the film so many times and am so familiar with the music, I just know I'm going to love it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    What I said wasn't sarcastic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2009
    I missed your name on Blazing Saddles. As I said it is a good thing. I hope that you'll be able to release some of the old Victor Young material.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    Southall wrote
    In this case it won't be a problem for me. Like I said, I've seen the film so many times and am so familiar with the music, I just know I'm going to love it!

Fingers crossed!! smile
  9. dgoldwas wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    sdtom wrote

-Erik-

Yeah, what do you mean by that? I was a co-producer on BLAZING SADDLES, and (basically) did all the work that a producer would have done on GODZILLA..... So, is this a good thing, or a bad thing?

I just hope a lot of unreleased gems may now finally see the light of day
    Good luck Dan beer
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Whoahhh! AIRPLANE! That really is great news! shocked
    I've been hoping for a CD release for a long time. I was about 16 when I first saw the film and I still remember those great, over-the-top themes. Usually I don't like short tracks like these but if the album producers do aim to maximize the listening experience then count me in as a buyer! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    keky wrote
    Usually I don't like short tracks like these but if the album producers do aim to maximize the listening experience then count me in as a buyer! punk

Consider yourself counted in! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2009
    I'm glad to see La-La Land expanding in an overall depressed economy, especially in the US.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2009
    AIRPLANE! is now available for order!

http://lalalandrecords.com/Airplane.html