• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2011
    dizzy
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Bernstein wrote 90 minutes of score and recorded it with 62 players. It featured a theme that has become one of the most famous of film themes. As Nick Redman mentions in his detailed and authoritative notes, it's "a theme that could blow the roof off a cinema. A theme that could make an audience wild. A theme that delineated all there was to know about war, captivity, freedom and escape. A theme to thrill, a theme to engage, a theme to just plain love. A theme that, like the spirit of man itself, might just not ever die."

liken the theme to Rocky in terms of impact.
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    Bernstein wrote 90 minutes of score and recorded it with 62 players. It featured a theme that has become one of the most famous of film themes. As Nick Redman mentions in his detailed and authoritative notes, it's "a theme that could blow the roof off a cinema. A theme that could make an audience wild. A theme that delineated all there was to know about war, captivity, freedom and escape. A theme to thrill, a theme to engage, a theme to just plain love. A theme that, like the spirit of man itself, might just not ever die."

liken the theme to Rocky in terms of impact.

There's only the tinyest handful of themes that can ever compete with this, it's now been an anthem in football chanting for many a year now.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. And that's really annoying.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    And that's really annoying.

I agree Alan, but it shows just how popular the theme is in the public conciosness.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Is there enough material to sustain interest for 90 minutes?
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  2. smile

No. It's just the same over and over and over again.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lol
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin applause
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    KevinSmith wrote

Seriously though, have you never even heard it while watching the film?
  3. The film? It was never in Escape To Victory!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Oh, sure, I've seen Chicken Run!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2011
    KevinSmith wrote

In my opinion, no.
    Aside from the magnificent, mood-setting time and its appearances throughout, the score contains too much underscore and athematic material to sustain my interest throughout. I think it would make a fantastic 36 minute (or so) presentation.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

In my opinion, no.
    Aside from the magnificent, mood-setting time and its appearances throughout, the score contains too much underscore and athematic material to sustain my interest throughout. I think it would make a fantastic 36 minute (or so) presentation.

Oh noes, Thor's off on one again. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    And that's really annoying.

And starting off the no one really knows
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

In my opinion, no.

biggrin I find myself agreeing with the Thunderer more often than not!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I noes! rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

In my opinion, no.

biggrin I find myself agreeing with the Thunderer more often than not!

Soulmates forever! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Now I would relish that if ONLY you were a 22 year old Norse vixen...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    90 minutes is a bit much
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    91 minutes is a bit mucher!

-Erik-
  4. Martijn wrote

Unnecessary mental image of the day. Thor in drag & a viking helmet and Martijn besotted, with nought but a candle-lit dinner between them.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Oy veh.....
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    Martijn wrote

Unnecessary mental image of the day. Thor in drag & a viking helmet and Martijn besotted, with nought but a candle-lit dinner between them.

fuck
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  5. oh, there are fun moments in life... to be sure wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    Martijn wrote

fuck

Hmmm...I kinda.... like it. In the less possible gay way, of course.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2011 edited
    How the hell is there a non-gay way possibly to approach the above? God i love maintitles.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2011 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    God i love maintitles.

WOW. Telepathy?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2011
    franz_conrad wrote
    Martijn wrote

I'd pay not to see that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2011
    Christodoulides wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    Martijn wrote

fuck

Well, not right away. At least there would've been dinner first!