• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2008
    If Intrada knew how quickly the last Fielding release of 'Scorpio' sold out why didn't they increase the number from 1500? It will likely be sold out by the time you read this. Erik, defend your foxhole (Intrada) to your death but its all advertising and attracting the collector market. They could have easily increased the amount this time around.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    They could have easily increased the amount this time around.

Do you know this for a fact? Do you know the details of the contract between Intrada and the studio? You can't blindly say those sort of things without knowing all the facts my good friend.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The answer I got from Roger at Intrada was they had no idea it would go so quickly. Isn't insanity the inability to learn from one's mistakes or is this as I suspect.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    The answer I got from Roger at Intrada was they had no idea it would go so quickly. Isn't insanity the inability to learn from one's mistakes or is this as I suspect.

Well, here is where the FSM Superman Box plan should come ito play. I'd say have the ability to print more just incase the title becomes popular and sells out. FSM did this with Superman. If the first 3000 copies sold out they had a deal in place that would allow them to re-print more.

But what about the collector market. Well, that's where wording like First Pressing could come into play. Instead of stating Limited Edition to 1500 copies a label puts First Pressing Limited to 1500 and then with the second edition they state Second Pressing Limited to 1500 copies. And maybe you go bare bones with the Second Pressing. No liner notes. Just a front and back cover and make the liner notes available on-line a la FSM's liner notes page. Therefore, the first pressing has more value yet people with the second pressing get what they want... the music... and everyone is happy. And if the title isn't popular then you don't press the next batch of 1500.

I don't know... I'm just brainstorming here.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2008
    not a bad idea cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Roger actually has 50 copies left so he might have gotten it pretty close. Shame he couldn't hold back a 100 copies for later sales.
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    Theres still plenty to be had at SAE,MovieMusic, and even Intrada has some own left. They limited it to 1 per person when it got to 200, so they did save 200 for themselves where they cut off the other retailers.

I'm surprised Fielding keeps selling. It doesn't seem like the typical style of music that immediately sells out. BUt good for him , good for his fans and good for intrada.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I was taken aback a little bit by this statement.

Yep...it's definitely more art than science in figuring these things. We were partly right though on doing 1500 Killer Elites. Scorpio, the last one, sold out quickly and people complained there weren't enough. While there's only about 50 Killer Elite's left, people still have time to ponder and order and certainly no one is complaining about being left out.

And the business won't support selling just 1 or 2 copies a month after the initial interest dies down.

Roger

#1...I'd wager that 2500 copies of Scorpio would have sold so I don't think he got it right.
    #2...Isn't part of being in business having some stock?

Thomas sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    sdtom wrote

#2...Isn't part of being in business having some stock?

Thomas sad

Nope, modern business models are focusing on added value: stock has no added value, which means an increase in on-demand delivery where the company acts rather like a go-between between production and customer: the so-called OnRequest business model.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Which is why I went to our local Walgreen Drug Store and they had 1 out of 5 items I wanted. Real smart business model.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    That's why internet businesses are the future (and the future is now). cool
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Martijn wrote
    That's why internet businesses are the future (and the future is now). cool

Then it's the present. The future is always the future. We can never get there!

:88milesDolorean:
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    How linear of you!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2008 edited
    And why it cost the store a sale of some significance. There are certain things you want to examine before you make a purchase. I didn't want to order a coffee maker on line. However, I didn't want to waste my time driving to the location to be told we don't carry that item although it was advertised in their flyer. I was told to read the fine print when I complained. Next it will be getting to the store too late for my carton of milk and loaf of bread.
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2008
    #1...I'd wager that 2500 copies of Scorpio would have sold so I don't think he got it right.

It's not THAT good, is it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    it is if you like Fielding
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Wow... At first glance I thought this thread was about thread killers... Ha. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    another quick sellout
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    another quick sellout

Congratulations Intrada. Good to see that people are interested in your product.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    fielding truly has a cult following now
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    fielding truly has a cult following now

Good. And I truly mean that.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2008
    me too
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2009
    William wrote
    Wow... At first glance I thought this thread was about thread killers... Ha. biggrin

Apparently your correct about thread killing with this thread. I lead the pack with 152 of them. Yikes!!