• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2008 edited
    http://www.youtube.com/user/symphony

Your thoughts on this? I just feel kind of bummed out, because I actually had this idea a couple years ago, and actually started forming an Internet orchestra like this on an independent composers site. People were even emailing me recordings of their auditions! Ah well. At least the idea is finally taking off, if not by my own design.

EDIT: I just realized that the YouTube account linked above was created in 2005 - a year before I ever thought up my idea of an Internet orchestra. So I guess they had it first after all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2008
    My initial thoughts: COOL! MAJOR cool!
    I love these collaborative efforts that really drive the Global Village concept right home.

My second thought is: "it took them four years to get this organized..." shocked

Be glad that you didn't pursue it William, it seems a labout of love and a long, loooooooong breath.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    They are NOT going to perform online eh? I mean they're going to be a regular orchestra, right?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    confused what is the deal
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    I mean they're going to be a regular orchestra, right?

Upon further reading, the answer is yes. So it would appear that these musicians audition, and then meet at one location to play together. Not exactly what I thought at first, but it's still cool to see people from around the world come together to make music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2008
    Interesting but of course I would question the overall quality depending on the piece performed
    listen to more classical music!