• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2008 edited
    Any other Star Wars nerds here, or am I all alone? My favorite character is a tie between General Grievous and - for those nerdy enough to know about him - Aldar Beedo. Favorite film is Revenge of the Sith (which I saw three times in theaters). Currently enjoying the Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series on Cartoon Network.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2008
    Who can tell?

Star Wars fans always ride single-file, to hide their numbers.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    wave
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  1. Well, I used to love SW a lot. While Trek always had the top spot in my heart when it comes to big sf sagas, SW was close behind. That changed a bit over the years, although I never really hated the new trilogy as much as others did. I like them, not as much as the old ones, of course, but I find their technical aspects very entertaining.

I was never into the expanded universe, though, but I enjoyed the first clone wars series and I am now very happy about the new one. I think it´s very funny.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Scribe wrote
    wave

wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    William wrote
    Scribe wrote
    wave

wave

Clones!!
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    While Trek always had the top spot in my heart when it comes to big sf sagas, SW was close behind.

I also love Star Trek. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I like STAR WARS a lot and has done so ever since I was a kid, but I am by no means a raving "fanboy" who knows every single detail about the SW universe. Great "space operas" all of them, including the prequels, that have lots of entertainment value.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm a fan of the good ones.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2008 edited
    Thor wrote
    ... a raving "fanboy" who knows every single detail about the SW universe.

You just defined me. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    I grew up with the first three. Harrison Ford as Hon Solo... nuff said. wink

I love the originals.
    The new ones were a bit of a disappointment to me. The new technology, style, and some of the actors kind of ruined it for me. The third one was a strong movie though.

My ranking of the old ones pretty much goes in the order in which they were made.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2008
    omaha wrote
    My ranking of the old ones pretty much goes in the order in which they were made.

Meaning you like the original Star Wars best, or Return of the Jedi? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2008 edited
    4,5,6 smile
  2. I always had a soft spot for Treadwell - a much overlooked character!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    omaha wrote
    4,5,6 smile

LOL biggrin I know what order they were made in (rolleyes); I was just a bit confused as to whether you meant your favorite to your least favorite or your least favorite to your favorite.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I always had a soft spot for Treadwell - a much overlooked character!

Agreed! I love those droids. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    William wrote
    Thor wrote

I think he meant me, chakaar!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    HeeroJF wrote
    William wrote
    Thor wrote

I think he meant me, chakaar!

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    HeeroJF wrote
    Who can tell?

Star Wars fans always ride single-file, to hide their numbers.

LOL biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Nothing but love for the original trilogy, and the new trilogy has its upsides and its shortcomings but I can't say I loathe them. Maybe AOTC is my least favorite, but the end battle is truly worth the price of the film.

I'm not a huge fan, I don't go out dressed out as Boba Fett or something, and I don't particularly go out and praise it to everyone I know, but I love to get in the SW world on my own whenever I can, be it by form of the movies, the music (DUH!! dizzy ), or videogames, there have been a ton of very good SW related games: this is such a rich fantasy universe George Lucas has created I can enjoy it through and through, to transport myself into an alternate reality that is a lot cooler than the real world.

And Star Trek is something I dig too on an equal level, damned I grew up with this stuff, it's become a natural part of my brainmass. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    It seems we have a lot of friendly supporters here, William, vode! beer But I think you and I are the only true insane fanatics. I have three bookshelves filled with every single Star Wars novel, and I've read them all. Over 150 of them out so far and no sign of stopping.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Star Yawns
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I grew up with the original trilogy so I am definitely a fan, but not a fanatic. The ugly truth is that when I was 13 I happened to meet with a certain fellow called Indiana Jones and I became sort of unfaithful to Star Wars... shame on me... shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    William wrote
    Any other Star Wars nerds here, or am I all alone?

I find your lack of faith...disturbing.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    Star Yawns

If you wil not be turned,
    you
    will
    be
    destroyed!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I was certainly a fanatic once - I'm sure there was a time when I could have recited every line of dialogue from the original trilogy, and I read many of the books at one stage, though that stopped over a decade ago now. I enjoyed the prequels - well, maybe not Phantom Menace so much - and still watch the films about once a year probably.

My favourite character is Seth Doogood since he killed off C3P0 - I met Anthony Daniels once and he was a right tit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    HeeroJF wrote
    It seems we have a lot of friendly supporters here, William, vode! beer But I think you and I are the only true insane fanatics. I have three bookshelves filled with every single Star Wars novel, and I've read them all. Over 150 of them out so far and no sign of stopping.
    '

wave

I am in the process of collecting and reading (in timeline order) every Star Wars novel, starting with Darth Bane and ending with current events. Chronologically I am currently enmeshed in the Clone Wars era, but I have also read all the New Jedi Order and Legacy of the Force series. That is my favorite period of Star Wars history because I grew up reading the Young Jedi Knights series and loved Jacen, Jaina etc.

PS: and in addition to reading MainTitles every day, I read TheForce.net news and their literature boards. besides film scores, Star Wars is my other great nerd obsession tongue
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  3. Always three there are.
  4. So like Yoda speak we!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Four, it seems the count is at.

I also read everything chronologically to the best of my abilities (forcing me to go back in time frequently as new prequel-era books came out), and consequently I read the Young Jedi Knights not when I was little, like most fans I know, but rather a full grown adult, barely two or three years ago. Consequently I found them absolutely childish and inane. Among the worst experience of the entire novelized saga (right up there with the rest of Kevin J. Anderson, and The Approaching Storm). But I can tell I would've liked them a lot more had I been younger.

I'm hard-pressed to single out a single moment in the chronology as my favourite, but I certainly did love the X-Wing saga very much, by both of its authors. And since my favourite character ever is Palpatine I should say I tend to favour prequel and original trilogy eras. And the Republic Commando series is the best sub-fandom I've ever experienced this side of Potter Puppet Pals. I CANNOT wait for Order 66 to come out on Paperback.