• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2017
    All very good points, Volker. Except that "Jedi" can also be plural, so maybe no one dies? smile

But since they sadly need to write Princess Leia out of the story, I'm guessing SHE at least dies smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2017
    Leia was supposed to in no. 9, so I don't think she dies in this film. They need to figure out some way to write her out of the story BEFORE they start shooting ep. 9.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2017
    Yes, you are right, she was. It's going to be interesting to see how they deal with this. They can't just blow up the planet she's on... that would be lame, anyways, if they did that smile
  1. Artworks wrote
    Yes, you are right, she was. It's going to be interesting to see how they deal with this. They can't just blow up the planet she's on... that would be lame, anyways, if they did that smile

Given Ep VII this would be quite consistent.

Anyway, what irks me about The Last Jedi is, that is seems to contradict Return of the Jedi.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2017
    Artworks wrote

That would indeed be lame. Leia already had her planet blown up.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Captain Future wrote
    Artworks wrote

Given Ep VII this would be quite consistent.

Anyway, what irks me about The Last Jedi is, that is seems to contradict Return of the Jedi.

Volker

The Force Awakens basically did everything it could to reverse any sort of progress made by Return of the Jedi and return the galaxy to the exact state it was in at the end of Star Wars, except with different names. So are you really surprised?
  3. JJ Abrams is going to direct STAR WARS IX.

I'm very happy with this. I thought he did great with episode VII, even if the story was a rehash.
  4. The did many things right with The Force Awakens, safe for the story. Now, the story is kind of important for a film...

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2017
    Yep, totally with you!
    I'm perfectly happy hearing this. He hit the right notes, evoked the right feelings; I think he's doing bang-up job of keeping the myth going.

YES! I know. Cheap thrills, nostalgia-buzz, repeating storylines, blah blah blah. So did Arabian Nights. So did Homer. I DON'T CARE! If it draws me in, you can HAVE my money.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2017 edited
    I think he is going to nail it. J.J.Abraams is one of the best the industry is blessed to have nowadays. Plus it's guaranteed good music in the films he touches.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2017
    He's okay. But at this point, they could get Uwe Boll to direct it and it wouldn't make any difference to me... I'm all Star Wars'd out. I'm bored of nostalgia trips.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    Steven wrote
    He's okay. But at this point, they could get Uwe Boll to direct it and it wouldn't make any difference to me... I'm all Star Wars'd out. I'm bored of nostalgia trips.

dude, there's been TWO movies so far, and only ONE of them really capitalized on nostalgia. (Rogue One only had a few "fan service" moments, compared to the entirety of Force Awakens)
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    There's a bit more to it than 'just two movies' though. There's the incessant hype, the knowledge that Disney will churn these out every year for the 300 years, the fact that they're making a fucking Han Solo origin film, the endless other media forms of Star Wars, and that none of it is new. It's all riding on what we already know. Dude.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    I'm wondering if perhaps they're made for a younger audience who hadn't seen any of the original six movies in the the theatre (like me)! The thrill I felt upon exiting Rogue One with my heart still pounding must be comparable to what it felt like to see one of the original Star Wars films!!
  5. Demetris wrote
    J.J.Abraams is one of the best the industry is blessed to have nowadays.

uhm
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    no? you don't like him? i think he's one of the best, most visionary (although not so original, he has his obvious and strong influences) young directors out there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    Demetris wrote
    no? you don't like him? i think he's one of the best, most visionary (although not so original, he has his obvious and strong influences) young directors out there.

agreed! the cloverfield universe is one of the best things to come out of hollywood in years! Can't wait to see what he does next. great, great director and idea-generator

he just needs to get better at writing... he's really bad at story logic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Aidabaida wrote
    Demetris wrote

agreed! the cloverfield universe is one of the best things to come out of hollywood in years! Can't wait to see what he does next. great, great director and idea-generator

it's that lost virus smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorchristopher
    I like Abrams. I've liked all of his films a lot, actually. I also think that the episodes he directed of LOST were some of the best. I like his writing, as well (ARMAGEDDON excepted). Aside from the fact that he regurgitated the story from episode IV, I thought the writing in episode VII was good. The writing in SUPER 8 was very strong, I thought.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Demetris wrote

That's Damon Lindelof's fault more than Abrams', I think.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Aidabaida wrote
    Demetris wrote

Actually he's fairly good at story logic I would say. I'm sometimes arguing with a friend that he was the right person for Star Wars, because in his generation nobody internalized New Adventure cinema better than him.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    Thor wrote
    Demetris wrote

Lindelof's method of writing is one I used for a long time. Think of some cool events, then 'find a way for the story to get there', not seeing where the story naturally takes you.
  7. Demetris wrote

I don't dislike him, but I don't see him as more than a competent journeyman. Visionary he is not.
  8. JJ's best directed film is Mission: Impossible III, it's a complete thrill-ride, energetic and amazingly shot. And no lens flares. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Demetris wrote

I don't dislike him, but I don't see him as more than a competent journeyman. Visionary he is not.

i direct you to these two videos
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV4_IouOI5k
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDWJa2RqUGo
  9. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Demetris wrote

Also, visionary and not so original offset each other, reallly.

DreamTheater wrote
    JJ's best directed film is Mission: Impossible III, it's a complete thrill-ride, energetic and amazingly shot. And no lens flares. smile

I think, actually, it's my least favorite M:I film, the Abrams one. Mostly because I don't like the visual style at all.

I'm torn between TFA and Super 8 as his best film, with Star Trek featuring some cool visual ideas.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2017
    Thor wrote
    Demetris wrote

nobody's fault really...i am in love with lost, it might have been the timing in my life then too, but never again have i been able to be hooked onto and awed by a tv show as much as lost, since.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    Demetris wrote
    Thor wrote
    Demetris wrote

nobody's fault really...i am in love with lost, it might have been the timing in my life then too, but never again have i been able to be hooked onto and awed by a tv show as much as lost, since.

there's certain shows that arrive just when we need to see them
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    very true, spot-on
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    To be fair, Lindelof redeemed himself somewhat with THE LEFTOVERS, even though this -- too -- falls into the "mysteries-gone-havoc-without-any-way-to-find-his-way-back" trap. Just not as bad as LOST.
    I am extremely serious.