• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2008 edited
    As you select CDs to play tomorrow, I invite you to do it according to the following theme, if you so choose to. Why? Just 'cause! : biggrin :

The theme of December 10th 2008 shall be:

Scores that begin with the word "Legend"

(not counting a potentially preceding "The", of course)

Let's all meet up again on Now Playing tomorrow to see what titles people have come up with.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2008
    Riiiight....

....so Legends Of The Fall?

What else is there?
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    Riiiight....

....so Legends Of The Fall?

What else is there?

Does that count? It's got an extra 's'.

So, um, yuh... good topic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2008 edited
    Legend of Bagger Vance

You can listen to the Bob Marley CD 'Legend'. cool and that is not a cigarette
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2008 edited
    That's technically a 'The', so it doesn't count.

I love this thread. biggrin

edit; no, wait. I misread the topic. 'The' counts. In that case, The Legend Of Zorro. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2008 edited
    Nono, you misunderstood. I said "scores that begin with Legend, not counting the the "

Meaning that if there is a "the", you don't count it as the true beginning of the title. It's like Steven said.

So, yes, "The Legend of [...]" is perfectly free game. So is plural. This shouldn't be hard: in my collection alone I have 12 titles that begin with "Legend" in some way. I meant for this to be easy, not a challenge of sorts! biggrin

And yes of course, Legend is free game. Both versions!
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2008
    Ok...so we have a choice of about two scores. Out of all the scores I could possibly own, what the chances I will own these? rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Nono! There are tons of "Legend" movie titles, not just two! Refer to my entries for today on "Now Playing" to see what I've been playing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    NP: THE LEGEND OF BUTCH AND SUNDANCE - Basil Poledouris punk
    YEAH, baby!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    punk indeed!

Oh, and I forgot to mention, titles where the "sub-title" begins with Legend are also ok. Like Hercules : The Legendary Journeys, and City Slickers II - The Legend of Curly's Gold, or Greystoke : The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Would it not have avoided confusion to have simply said "Any score with 'Legend', 'Legends' and 'Legendary' in the title"?
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    It's all up to everyone's interpretation in the end. I'm not knocking at everyone's door with a sealed examination paper and governmental agent to supervise the activity at gunpoint. beer I was just curious to see what titles people would pull out, and witness which were the common recurring ones.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Steven wrote
    Would it not have avoided confusion to have simply said "Any score with 'Legend', 'Legends' and 'Legendary' in the title"?

yes, that gives quite a bit more options