• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2008 edited
    OFFICIAL TRAILER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRwby_vjg88

KICK ASS! punk punk AT LAST THINGS ARE GETTING SERIOUS!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2008
    nice cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Or for those who despise the terrible quality that is YouTube:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/terminatorsalvation/
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I hope it's as good as the trailer would have us believe. I really do. The choice of director does little for my faith, but Bale does a lot. So I dunno, I have mixed expectations about this one. dizzy
  1. okay, this is definitely some great looking material punk

But this is for my BRO, if you watch this I'll kidd you not, I'll kick your ASS okay? biggrin
    You'll see it this saturday, amongst the 2 blockbusters BB and TDK smile

Saturday, here we COME punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Btw. On what STEVEN said; look how much more serious ( a la Nolan's Batman , in a way ) and kick-ass the WHOLE thing's new approach looks and feels like now that d*ckhead swarchenegger has done the world and vanished and Christian Bale is on! punk punk
  2. Steven wrote
    I hope it's as good as the trailer would have us believe. I really do. The choice of director does little for my faith, but Bale does a lot. So I dunno, I have mixed expectations about this one. dizzy

finally it seems we will see the fight between man and the machines, something the 3rd promised but never delivered, for that fact alone I'm looking forward to this movie smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The third was full of fatty cheesy cheese. The only good thing about it it's the score; this, on the other hand, SEEMS to bear a wholly new and fresh approach. And Christian Bale is God; we all know that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote
    Or for those who despise the terrible quality that is YouTube:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/terminatorsalvation/

shocked shocked Can´t wait!

They better choose a good composer for it. A remote possibility, but Chris Lennertz is scoring McG´s executive produced "Supernatural", so..... :fingers crossed: (we NEED an smiley for this btw).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Steven wrote

finally it seems we will see the fight between man and the machines, something the 3rd promised but never delivered, for that fact alone I'm looking forward to this movie smile

Yes, I agree. I always felt the third film was a serious lost opportunity. Why make what is basically a lesser-quality rehash of the second and first films' premise? Why not show what those films were always talking about? That's why I am looking forward to this film a lot! I just hope it does it justice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    And Christian Bale is God; we all know that.

Indeed beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Btw. On what STEVEN said; look how much more serious ( a la Nolan's Batman , in a way ) and kick-ass the WHOLE thing's new approach looks and feels like now that d*ckhead swarchenegger has done the world and vanished and Christian Bale is on! punk punk

He was perhaps a little old to take on the role of the T-600 again in the third film, but to me Schwarzenegger IS the Terminator, and he always will be.

I've never liked that little brat they got to play John Connor in T2 though, and the John Connor in the series isn't particularly convincing. Christian Bale, on the other hand, is an inspired choice! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

He was perhaps a little old to take on the role of the T-600 again in the third film, but to me Schwarzenegger IS the Terminator, and he always will be.

I've never liked that little brat they got to play John Connor in T2 though, and the John Connor in the series isn't particularly convincing. Christian Bale, on the other hand, is an inspired choice! cheesy

The little kid in T-2 wasn't too bad. And he was very good in American History X.
  3. That was Edward Furlong?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2008
    I thought No. III was excellent and retained some of the METALLIC, non-CGI machinery of the previous films (the revolutionary CGI T-1000 of T2 notwithstanding). This IV seems to follow that tradition, and nothing could be better!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2008
    I agree with Thor. T3 satisfied me boundlessly. Not an "era defining" film like T2 (as I just described it in that other thread), but still what I expected. Unlike other viewers I really wasn't expecting big "man vs. machine" scenes. I didn't think that was the promised premise at all. It's called "Rise of the Machine," not "Machines Kick Ass." The entire movie played in its last 5 minutes, I felt. To witness the entire premise that T1 foreshadowed come to fruition despite the characters' best efforts was a fantastic effort in fatalism, I thought.

And the John Connors of T3 was perfect I thought. Just like Bale will be perfect in T4. Face it: those are two entirely different phases of his life. In T3 he's a bum who patches himself up in a vet's clinic!! In T4 he's a friggin' military icon. You need two entirely different countenances.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2009
    shocked

Christian Bale's rant on the set of Terminator: Salvation:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=qrvMTv_r8sA
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Oh Christian... get over yourself. Just tell the douchbag DP to move... and you actually made your point about 30 second into the rant... the rest was just bullying. Or at least channel your anger towards the director, McDouche, and make sure he has some control over the set and just shoot another take. I hate whiny actors.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. The accent change is rather funny throughout.

I listened, and to be honest, it just sounds like the usual sort of temper from someone with power on set. Bale is mad, but he keeps it to the issues - he even says the guy is a nice guy, but that he is damaging the film. I've heard a lot worse, which is not to say I don't respect people who keep their temper.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    More wife and sister abuse next! kill
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2009 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    the director, McDouche

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    franz_conrad wrote
    The accent change is rather funny throughout.

I listened, and to be honest, it just sounds like the usual sort of temper from someone with power on set. Bale is mad, but he keeps it to the issues - he even says the guy is a nice guy, but that he is damaging the film. I've heard a lot worse, which is not to say I don't respect people who keep their temper.

I'm sorry... did you miss the part where he starting going after the DP wanting to kick his ass! Bale needs to grow up!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    the director, McDouche

biggrin

the childish part of me still finds that very funny biggrin

As for Bale, he's a bit precious.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. I can't say I look forward to seeing this, if it's another ultra-dark movie, like The Dark Knight, I guess I won't like it. And the big robot at the end feels out of place. The trailer gave me a big thumbs down feeling... Nah give me the Cameron-fuelled spectacles and Terminator 3 any day, because IMO the only living actor on this planet that can play an android convincingly is Arnie, and I mean this in the sweetest possible sense.

And Eddie Furlong was great as John Connor, considering it was his first role and all that...
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ultra-dark is what the Terminator franchise needs - it's not like Cameron's films were a walk in the park! Though I doubt that they will find the right tone for post-apocalyptic Terminator world, but I'm certainly very hopeful.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Ultra-dark is what the Terminator franchise needs - it's not like Cameron's films were a walk in the park! Though I doubt that they will find the right tone for post-apocalyptic Terminator world, but I'm certainly very hopeful.

Big robot = tongue moon
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I love the internet. In less than 24 hours 2 REMIXES have already been created.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTihsJQHt48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMwh2OVvwgo

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    I don ´t get your problems with the big robot. Cameron had all kinds of robots in The Terminator, including big rolling robots, and if he´d had the budget at that time, I´m quite sure he´d have included big walking robots, because at that time, they were the coolest (Battletech, anyone?).

Regarding the Bale stuff: Yeah, it makes me cringe as well, but give the guy a break. You don´t get to play such kick-ass roles if you´re Suzy Sunshine in real life. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I thought it was funny more than anything! (Though I sure wouldn't like to be on the receiving end of that.)

And I LOVE big robots. So there.