• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2010
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Dune was credited to Smithee? I didn't know. Where? I think I saw a version credited to Lynch!

There was a time Lynch wanted nothing to do with the film and had his name removed.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Well, a bit off-topic, but still.

The first director slated to make Dune was Ridley Scott, but the preparations were taking so long that after the death of his brother he wanted to do something very quickly and got offered Blade Runner instead. He quit the painstakingly long process of preparing Dune and jumped on this wagon...

I wonder how Ridley's Dune would be like and who would score it.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2010 edited
    Goldsmith would have gotten the gig... no doubt about it. And it too would have been rejected replaced by Toto or Duran Duran. wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. I don't think Goldsmith would have accepted it after Alien.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2010 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Well, a bit off-topic, but still.

The first director slated to make Dune was Ridley Scott, but the preparations were taking so long that after the death of his brother he wanted to do something very quickly and got offered Blade Runner instead. He quit the painstakingly long process of preparing Dune and jumped on this wagon...

If memory serves me correctly, DUNE was going to be filmed as far back as 1969 by, I think he was a Mexican director, it was to star Mick Jagger, Marlon Brando and Salvidor Dali, and the score would have been composed by Pink Floyd, H.R. Geiger did quite a bit of work on the film as did French artist Moebius and writer Dan O'Bannon, none of which went to waste as it was recycled in ALIEN.

I've missed some stuff out ( I don't want to get things wrong ), there was a big article about this crazy venture in movie magazine EMPIRE a few months ago.

Anyone help out on what I've missed out?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I don't think Goldsmith would have accepted it after Alien.

Yet he excepted Legend...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. Which was a few years later.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Which was a few years later.

Stop being picky! tongue
  4. Timmer wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Well, a bit off-topic, but still.

If memory serves me correctly, DUNE was going to be filmed as far back as 1969 by, I think he was a Mexican director, it was to star Mick Jagger, Marlon Brando and Salvidor Dali, and the score would have been composed by Pink Floyd, H.R. Geiger did quite a bit of work on the film as did French artist Moebius and writer Dan O'Bannon, none of which went to waste as it was recycled in ALIEN.

I've missed some stuff out ( I don't want to get things wrong ), there was a big article about this crazy venture in movie magazine EMPIRE a few months ago.

Anyone help out on what I've missed out?

The Alejandro Jodorowsky version?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That's the one Pawel beer He's Chilean, not Mexican.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Which was a few years later.

Stop being picky! tongue

No kidding.
  5. Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    A Brit.

No, that's Alan. wink

Southall wrote
    Alan who?

Erik Woods wrote
    Spielberg... wait, that doesn't work.

biggrin

My 30 seconds in the spotlight!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2010
    way confused again
    listen to more classical music!
  6. Erik Woods wrote
    Goldsmith would have gotten the gig... no doubt about it. And it too would have been rejected replaced by Toto or Duran Duran. wink

-Erik-

Simple Minds dude, Simple Minds.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    You also know the story of how he screwed Hanson who was dying at the time
  7. No? He didn't pay for the Romantic Symphony?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    he stole it
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    When I found out that he did that my opinion went to zero just like Woody Allen and Roman Polanski.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    he stole it

Who, Steven?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2010
    Ridley Scott for Alien
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2010
    At least this is what I read
  8. How did he manage to do it? Could you tell the whole story?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2011 edited
    I just had a short chat with Robinson. I had to say hi to everyone here ("the guys"), as he's unable to access the forum these recent months. wave
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2011
    Erik Woods wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I don't think Goldsmith would have accepted it after Alien.

Yet he excepted Legend...

-Erik-

Accepted.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2011
    Bregt wrote
    I just had a short chat with Robinson. I had to say hi to everyone here ("the guys"), as he's unable to access the forum these recent months. wave

A nice guy Robinson, be good to see him back here. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2011 edited
    Unable to? Why? What's the problem?

Good to hear from him, though. Hope he's well? cool
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2011
    Robinson, such a cool dude! Send him my greetings too Bregt wave
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2011
    I miss Steven!

I just wrote a little writing on science and antropocentrism and I referred to a discussion I once had with a friend... and that was Steven! It was the talk we had about science and religion.

Steven, if you read this, you are missed and I enjoyed your input a lot! kiss

Oh, and I hope you haven't gone all 'mad scientist' with all that quantumfysics, string theory and stuff. dizzy

Seriously, I hope you are OK! wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I miss the caustic humor also
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    We ALL wish Steven well, I sometimes wonder if he still checks here anonymously?