• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Thor wrote
    3-4 times? That seems awfully patient to me. I would have allowed the idiot one interuption, but then after the second I would have had him booted outta there.

Reg wanted to give the guy a chance. He put the guy down very funnily. But him and the fact Reg was dosed up with cold remedies did affect the flow a bit.

This is the first time I have seen stand up comedy for about 20 years. And it reminded me just how "sanitised" TV stand up comedy actually is.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2011
    Never been much of a fan of stand-up comedy. Sorry to hear the night was affected by a wanker like that.
    Hope it didn't spoil your time together?

Fingers crossed on the second interview Alan!!!
    :thumbs-up:
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2011 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Two of his gags had their punchlines ruined by a selfish guy in the audience. It was interesting to see RDH deal with him. RDH did not deliver the punchline once the flow of the joke was broken.

The guy interrupted 3-4 times and RDH had to tell the guy that if he didn't shut up then he would be taken out. The guy left himself not long after.

What an asshat! I hate hecklers. Ruining everyone else's time for their own amusement.

The good thing is that they nearly always ending up looking foolish. Going up against a professional comedian is no easy task.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thor wrote
    3-4 times? That seems awfully patient to me. I would have allowed the idiot one interuption, but then after the second I would have had him booted outta there.

Reg wanted to give the guy a chance. He put the guy down very funnily. But him and the fact Reg was dosed up with cold remedies did affect the flow a bit.

This is the first time I have seen stand up comedy for about 20 years. And it reminded me just how "sanitised" TV stand up comedy actually is.

I like Reg, he's quite often on Have I Got News For You.

Shame about the heckler, sometimes hecklers can be fun fodder for audience and comediens but this one sounds like he was a genuine nuisance.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. He was a nuisance by the end - especially when he ruined a couple of jokes.

It was interesting that Reg chose not to finish the joke once the flow had been disrupted rather than just carry on with it.

It was a good night. Funny, annoying, thought-provoking.

Steve Hughes, the support act was really funny as well.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2011
    Where is Ravi?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2011
    Well, at least I got a notice that Ravi is now 'following me on twitter'. So he's still around. Unfortunately, I don't use Twitter very much.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Ravi told me he's not really into discussing anymore.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Ravi told me he's not really into discussing anymore.

Oh. Sorry to hear that. I always appreciated his input, and it was cool to have an Indian member around. There aren't too many from Asia here.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    This forum isn't for everyone. Some try but a whole lot stay on the fringe or just read on occasion.
    listen to more classical music!
  4. sdtom wrote
    This forum isn't for everyone. Some try but a whole lot stay on the fringe or just read on occasion.

And sometimes it is good to revisit the balance between talking about the music and actually listening to it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2012
    Where is Martin (tintin) actually!??? It's almost 10 months ago he logged in.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2012
    That's a long time confused He used to log in at least every couple of months. I hope all is well?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2012
    I think he is OK.
    We are in touch but not as often as before. I heard from him in December and he was fine then!
    He is busy doing photography and I think his family needs his care a bit too.
    His photos are phenomenal by the way!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2012 edited
    Good to hear, Bregje.
    Thanks. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2012
    Bregje wrote
    I think he is OK.
    We are in touch but not as often as before. I heard from him in December and he was fine then!
    He is busy doing photography and I think his family needs his care a bit too.
    His photos are phenomenal by the way!

Where can I see his work? I'm also interested in photography.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2012 edited
    Good to hear, thanks Bregje!

It was a couple of months ago that I last visited his Flickr page.

Here's his page
    http://www.flickr.com/people/phototintin/
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2012
    I especially love the photos with use of reflection, both in water and structures. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2012
    Thanks for the link. The photos are great.
  5. Well we can all agree there is one lost member who shouldn't return here.

He's doing his crazy shit all over again at Filmtracks.

Take notice at the war of words going on between Erik and S.Venkatnarayanan (you guessed it ... Sunil).

It's pretty incredible the guy's attitude hasn't changed a bit. shocked
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2012 edited
    shame

I would rather NOT converse with him but when he continues to blatantly lie about his actions here (and at Filmtracks) then I had to confront him and expose him for the horrible person he truly is.

But let's leave the crazy shit over at Filmtracks. MT has been a much better place without Sunil around.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2012
    Erik Woods wrote
    But let's leave the crazy shit over at Filmtracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgAZ5uyZUDg
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    agree Erik. I admit to the dubious honor of being difficult from time to time but I feel I can be reasoned with, well in at least my opinion.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    But let's leave the crazy shit over at Filmtracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgAZ5uyZUDg

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2013
    Where is Martin (Tintin)? Haven't heard from him since months. Tried to contact him through e-mail, but doesn't work.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2013
    Haven't seen Tom around since a few weeks. Is he all right?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I hope everything is fine with him?

Howabout Marcel? Haven't seen him here for a long time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    Where is Martin (Tintin)? Haven't heard from him since months. Tried to contact him through e-mail, but doesn't work.

He didn't reply to me either, last year i believe, when i sent him an email.

Bregt wrote
    Haven't seen Tom around since a few weeks. Is he all right?

Tom's last fb post was from May 15, and he didn't visit ifmca's forum since January 15th, 2013.

Timmer wrote
    I hope everything is fine with him?

Howabout Marcel? Haven't seen him here for a long time.

His last post on facebook is from December, 2012.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2013 edited
    ...and that's a long time ago in MT terms. Come Marcel, let us dance. bhangra
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm doing okay guys. Bit of a rough time with my leg but I can still get around.
    Tom