• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2013
    Tom! beer hug
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    sdtom wrote
    I'm doing okay guys. Bit of a rough time with my leg but I can still get around.
    Tom

Glad to hear! smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    beer
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2013 edited
    I talked with Marcel too, he's fine now, although not active in the forum anymore, due to personal reasons (non forum related from what i understand).
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Good to hear Tom. smile

I'm unable to catch Martin though. slant
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    Good to hear Tom. smile

I'm unable to catch Martin though. slant

Have you seen this? http://www.flickr.com/photos/phototintin/
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2013
    sdtom wrote
    I'm doing okay guys. Bit of a rough time with my leg but I can still get around.
    Tom

cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2013
    I'm drunk and I just realized that Demetris hasn't posted a single thing since the Zimmer/MoS debacle that I contributed to when he said he was stepping down as mod....

Come backkkkkk!!!!!!!! I didn't want you to leave sad There's so much amazing music that I would have never discovered if it wasn't for you!!!
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  1. Yeah, I've missed D, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Martin is doing a lot of wonderful photography indeed. We are still in touch but much less frequent than before, sometimes even 4-6 months in between. We had e-mail contact this June and July, so all is well!
    smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Oooh, cool, thanks Bregje!

I tried to e-mail him a few times but it seems it's an address that is not working anymore. Can you PM it to me please?
    Kazoo
  2. He was moving, wasn't he? Maybe Demetris has simply too much things to attend to so that he cannot be acitve on the board for a while.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    He was moving, wasn't he? Maybe Demetris has simply too much things to attend to so that he cannot be acitve on the board for a while.

Volker

Yeah, he was moving somewhere....to Cyprus? So a lot on his mind in terms of new job, new land, new house etc. He told us he would be gone for quite some time. I'm sure he'll return here when time allows.

Otherwise, I have to give kudos to Scribe for posting on the board under the influence! Good man! wink
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Demetris quit the board over the whole Man of Steel debacle. He decided to back off, because of some violent post everyone wrote about that score.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I'm so glad I wasn't here on the forum when apparently things went very wrong... sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregje wrote
    Martin is doing a lot of wonderful photography indeed. We are still in touch but much less frequent than before, sometimes even 4-6 months in between. We had e-mail contact this June and July, so all is well!
    smile

That's great to hear!
    Give him my very best if you will, if and when you next speak to him. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Demetris quit the board over the whole Man of Steel debacle. He decided to back off, because of some violent post everyone wrote about that score.

confused

He did nothing of the kind.
    Wherever did you get that scenario?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Indeed. Or perhaps Pawel was making a joke?!
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Martijn wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Demetris quit the board over the whole Man of Steel debacle. He decided to back off, because of some violent post everyone wrote about that score.

confused

Umm, haven't you seen the post where he quit being an admin because of that thread precisely?
  5. Can't remember anything to that extend either. I just remember Demetris said he would be offline for the time being due to his moving to Cyprus or Crete or someplace.

Anyway, I never understood what all the fuss concerning MoS was about. Sure we had those three lone-star-reviews (James, Jon and Christian) that some might have seen as some kind of conspiracy. Indeed after Christian and James had published their respective rewies some voiced their expextation over at the Filmtracks board for Jon to do likewise. Yet I believe that Jon is much too independent to let himself get impressed by such things. I didn't like that kind of spin-doctoring anyway. It seemed a bit hysterical.

But on THIS board opinions of all sorts were offered reagarding the MoS score. We had an animated debate but I did not get why things blew up all of a sudden.

Oh, well, let bygones be bygone I guess.

smile Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Martijn wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

confused

Umm, haven't you seen the post where he quit being an admin because of that thread precisely?

The mighty D still sits atop Olympus and I can also assure you it was nothing to do with the Man of Steel thread.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    My absence was so brief I'm sure nobody really noticed I was gone. Anyway, I hope people don't get all upset again when I don't like something they do, or do like something they don't. Life's too short to get upset by such things. But if people want me to leave again, let me know and I will. I enjoy posting here but having been told how miserable I was making people's lives by doing so, evidently there's more to this messageboard business than I had realised.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    And I believe there was a combination of reasons behind Demetris's departure.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    My absence was so brief I'm sure nobody really noticed I was gone. Anyway, I hope people don't get all upset again when I don't like something they do, or do like something they don't. Life's too short to get upset by such things. But if people want me to leave again, let me know and I will. I enjoy posting here but having been told how miserable I was making people's lives by doing so, evidently there's more to this messageboard business than I had realised.

You are too valuable.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  6. Southall wrote

Who has ever said THAT?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJon Broxton
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2013 edited
    Captain Future wrote
    Anyway, I never understood what all the fuss concerning MoS was about. Sure we had those three lone-star-reviews (James, Jon and Christian) that some might have seen as some kind of conspiracy. Indeed after Christian and James had published their respective rewies some voiced their expextation over at the Filmtracks board for Jon to do likewise. Yet I believe that Jon is much too independent to let himself get impressed by such things. I didn't like that kind of spin-doctoring anyway. It seemed a bit hysterical.

I'd written 75% of my review, and assigned my star rating, before James and Christian published theirs, and was just waiting until after I'd seen the film to make some final tweaks and add some thoughts about the score in the context of the film, which is why mine was the last one to come out. No conspiracy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    You are too valuable.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Or the one.
  7. Speaking of lost members:

Erik has been making himself scarce around herel lately, or hasn't he? Did his wife tell him not to spend so much time in the basement any more?

biggrin Volker
  8. New job, now actually working from an office.
  9. How disappointingly mundane. rolleyes

No, really: Good for Erik I'm sure.