• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2009 edited
    Hello everybody!
    I'm a lost member found again (I hope!). Missed me? Naaahhh!!!
    I didn't know where to start writing again so I choose it to be here. I had a very difficult time personally, professionally and familywise so I had to be away. Things tend to seem better now so I think I'll be active in the forum again. Hope you are all fine! Did I miss anything big?
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2009
    Jordi missed you....a lot wink

Glad your problems are (mostly) over. Welcome back!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Hello! wave

Always good to see people return each time again! I wished Bregje would be more present too.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Welcome back, Stavi. Hope things get fully back on track for you.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Stavroula wrote
    Hello everybody!
    I dind't know where to start writing again so I choose it to be here. I had a very difficult time personally, professionally and familywise so I had to be away. Things tend to seem better now so I think I'll be active in the forum again. Hope you are all fine! Did I miss anything big?

Of course we missed you!!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Good to see you back cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Glad your back. If you had been in Minnesota you'd have already missed 6 inches of snow and cold. We went right from summer to winter skipping fall.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
  2. Stavroula wrote
    Hello everybody!
    I didn't know where to start writing again so I choose it to be here. I had a very difficult time personally, professionally and familywise so I had to be away. Things tend to seem better now so I think I'll be active in the forum again. Hope you are all fine! Did I miss anything big?

Stav, welcome back girl kiss
    good to see some familiar faces again
    hope everything will be wonderful again soon smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2009
    Stavi and Martijn return at approximately the same time? Coincidence? smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote

Haven't thought of that but...... shocked confused
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Thor wrote

Thor! You naughty mind, you!!!! wink
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Marriage?
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2009
    Martijn, glad to have you with us again!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    <gloomily> ...for as long as this frail, tortured temporal frame holds together...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Who the hell are you?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Welcome back James Horner!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You sound like David Letterman announcing Prokofiev in the Tonight Show!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2009
    OH! MY GOD! YOU ARE BACK. cry
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yes, my son.
    Feel free to start worshiping me again at your leisure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Gladly, father!
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2009
    Bregt wrote
    Hello! wave

Always good to see people return each time again! I wished Bregje would be more present too.

Ahhh cheesy that's nice. kiss

Well, the reason I'm here now is because I have a week off! After this week I'll probably be gone again until Christmas...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Hope you can make the most of it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Bregje wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Hello! wave

Ahhh cheesy that's nice. kiss

Well, the reason I'm here now is because I have a week off! After this week I'll probably be gone again until Christmas...

Aah, that's why you didn't answer or see my PM for the WSA. Next year? wink

I also mentioned in the MainTitles Meetings topic, that there should be Benelux meeting at the end of this year. With you, Martijn, Bob, Joep and the Belgian gang. I proposed Delft last year, so why not try again?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Bregt wrote

I did get your message! Sorry for not replying, but I just checked a couple of posts and then left again. I didn't take time to reply to anything at all. Besides, I felt a bit sorry too because I knew I wouldn't have time for the WSA either... The Umebayashi concert had my interest, but... on a week day?? Not a chance.

I read yesterday you had a great time. smile Hopefully next year indeed. Depends on the composer too. I haven't even discovered Desplat yet.

I also mentioned in the MainTitles Meetings topic, that there should be Benelux meeting at the end of this year. With you, Martijn, Bob, Joep and the Belgian gang. I proposed Delft last year, so why not try again?

Thanks for keeping me up to date! It's not easy to find a date with so many people but perhaps it will work this time. And around christmas I have two weeks off again.
    wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Bregje wrote
    Bregt wrote

I did get your message! Sorry for not replying, but I just checked a couple of posts and then left again. I didn't take time to reply to anything at all. Besides, I felt a bit sorry too because I knew I wouldn't have time for the WSA either... The Umebayashi concert had my interest, but... on a week day?? Not a chance.

Why not? I thought you did not live far from Ghent? An hour and a half? But yes, when you have to work the day after, it might be crazy (like Thomas, he went to the late concert (10:30pm) and had to get up at 4am).

I read yesterday you had a great time. smile Hopefully next year indeed. Depends on the composer too. I haven't even discovered Desplat yet.

Next year, there's a chance JNH will be present. At least, he promised last year, and apparently, there have been negotiations according the the organisation. Certainly check out Desplat though. Perhaps if they release a cd of the cocnert again, you should buy it.

Thanks for keeping me up to date! It's not easy to find a date with so many people but perhaps it will work this time. And around christmas I have two weeks off again.
    wave

Yes, we should work that out!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009
    Glad to be back after an extended break.
    I missed you guys and couldn't stay away long.

I have a crazy schedule with classes, working, volunteering with the local news, and the ladies wink .
    I also have an internship in the works that would allow me to make a couple of full length documentary's, as well as some commercial's for television. Haha, anything to put on a resume.

I'm also in talks to possibly make a documentary in Africa this summer. I'm truly crossing my fingers on this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Wow! Sounds exciting.
    Good luck with your projects and enjoy it and take it easy.
    smile

What kind of documentary would that be? How long will it take?
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009 edited
    The African one would be about a small missionary group as well as the village we'd be with. This one is in limbo. The locale may change to Brazil, but I'm really banking for Africa. Not sure how long we would be over there. Plus, I'm not sure If I have to take any courses only offered during the summer. slant I hate cutbacks. Stupid economy. The University even ditched the Documentary program.

I'm still talking to the man in charge. Erm... the fellow I'd be answering to. I suppose he's the producer in a way. My mentor? haha, you get the idea wink

Another may entail a woman that just past away earlier this week after about a 10 year battle with cancer. Even how during this life struggling, physically changing, terrifying ordeal she continued to live life, be a beacon for her family and community, earn a doctorate, amongst many other things. We had plans to do it before she passed. Now we feel the need to do it even more. This one would take a good while. We would be interviewing a good number of people.

Like I said though, I'm talking to the man I'll be working for. I'm volunteering and hoping it will be an internship starting this January.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Good luck with those Omaha, it's indeed tough in the universities now, with the current state of economy a lot of programs are either being chopped up or cut down entirely.