• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2009 edited
    Hi everyone,

I feel the need to explain why I haven't been around so much, because I heard people are wondering where I was. There are three reasons:

I've been very busy with my job and my training. I had a tough year but I learned a lot and luckily I made an important change and I will continue teaching and finish my training next year. Yippee!

I'm not very up to date with film music. In fact, I don't think I can name 5 movies released this year! I haven't bought anything new in over a year so I've just listened to my old stuff and sometimes I got bored of those too.

Last but not least I don't like it here as much anymore as I used to. The board has changed and I got more and more annoyed by the conent of the posts and by the attitude of some people. I've always tried to ignore the bullshit and focus on the positive stuff and that worked well. But lately I prefered to stay away. I still visited the site once a week and read about ten topics. But you can understand that when after reading ten topics nine left me annoyed or frustrated, I wasn't very motivated anymore to reply to the nice posts.

So, that's what I've been up to. As I said before, I can't stay away completely, because there are too many nice people in here! I'll probably keep visiting the forum as always, but will only post when I really feel like it of course.
    smile

NP. Saruman the White - LOTR Fellowship of the Ring Complete Recordings - Howard Shore
    Now this reminds me why I joined the film music community years ago!
    cheesy
  1. smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2009
    Sorry to hear it, Bregje.
    I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say we miss your positive and constructive posts!

Congratulations on all the positive changes and aspects of your life right now!
    You've worked hard enough for it!
    wave
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn does speak for us all.

Many people here do notice when you are not here.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Indeed Bregje; i really wish that you cheer up soon and find some more time for your online friends that miss you! beer punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Yeah, you're missed smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Thank you all for the feedback! That's very nice to hear.
    It certainly weighs a lot on the positive side of the scales.
    kiss
  3. Bregje wrote
    Last but not least I don't like it here as much anymore as I used to. The board has changed and I got more and more annoyed by the conent of the posts and by the attitude of some people. I've always tried to ignore the bullshit and focus on the positive stuff and that worked well. But lately I prefered to stay away. I still visited the site once a week and read about ten topics. But you can understand that when after reading ten topics nine left me annoyed or frustrated, I wasn't very motivated anymore to reply to the nice posts.

I think this is the best post of the year smile

Anyway, hope to see you here more often wave
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorManwe
    Bregje wrote

I understand what you are saying here Bregje - I have felt the same way the few times I have been back here during the last year. But most people from the good ol' times back at SR are still here, more or less, so there is all reason to think that we can get back to the feeling of the old forum, the feeling of familiarity when one opened the forum and with interest read all the intelligent, entertaining and very rewarding comments by all the people that share the passion for filmmusic. It was all like a bunch of friends then - now of course a lot of new people have arrived to the scene which I look forward to getting to know better, and I hope that old feeling can return.

Long live this forum, once the friendliest on the web - I hope it still is! (which I will soon find out, i guess.)

smile cheesy biggrin
    - What matters is the music -
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Manwe wrote
    Bregje wrote

I understand what you are saying here Bregje - I have felt the same way the few times I have been back here during the last year. But most people from the good ol' times back at SR are still here, more or less, so there is all reason to think that we can get back to the feeling of the old forum, the feeling of familiarity when one opened the forum and with interest read all the intelligent, entertaining and very rewarding comments by all the people that share the passion for filmmusic. It was all like a bunch of friends then - now of course a lot of new people have arrived to the scene which I look forward to getting to know better, and I hope that old feeling can return.

Long live this forum, once the friendliest on the web - I hope it still is! (which I will soon find out, i guess.)

smile cheesy biggrin

It surely is! Stick around mate! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2009
    Well, I guess no one has missed me the past almost-a-week, but I'm back (for a little while at least uhm)! cheesy punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Check your mail!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    William wrote
    I'm back (for a little while at least uhm)! cheesy punk

We're sorry. shame
    But usually a mere week of absence isn't enough to set off many alarms yet. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Where is Steven? sad
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    He said he doesn't want to talk about scores anymore for the time being.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    What made him not to talk about film scores?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    God, I think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Hmm... I miss him. cry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven sucks big ones.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Whuh? shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Well, I was thinking of saying it 5 times.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I think he's just a bit "debated out" at the moment, so to speak. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    And why not!? smile

I've been thinking about taking a little sabbatical from the boards for some time, come back all refreshed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh sure. Leave.
    All of you, just leave.
    Maybe I'll break a leg when walking down the stairs. Or be killed by burglars.
    But don't worry about it.
    I know you should go out there and live your lives and forget all about li'l old me who has only given you the best years of his life.

But never mind.
    That's how it's supposed to be, I guess.

I'll just sit here and die quietly and not be a nuisance to anyone.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sound of crickets
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You know, just a card on Mother's Day is all I ask.
    Maybe some flowers now and then.
    A weekend visit.
    A phone call now and again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Martijn wrote
    But usually a mere week of absence isn't enough to set off many alarms yet. smile

True. I wouldn't know; I don't check this thread often but I'm usually here on a daily basis.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2009
    No worries dear Martijn, i am not going anywhere.

If it counts cry