• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Martijn wrote
    Well, it certainly wasn't the first (The "George Lucas Adventures" (a musical theatre extravaganza surrounding Indy and Star Wars) was touring the east in 1993/1994)

The east of what? biggrin

beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2008
    The whole of Asia!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Oh, I see... well, it didn´t have too much influence on concerts in Europe, then...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Sure didn't. At that time, tere was a LOT of money to be made in Japan (loads of exclusives and special editions being geared towards the Asian market).

If you're talking opportunistic, it's assuredly Lucas' middle name.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. I believe he´s named a son after the term. Or was it a barmaid on Coruscant?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    Well, it certainly wasn't the first (The "George Lucas Adventures" (a musical theatre extravaganza surrounding Indy and Star Wars) was touring the east in 1993/1994), but you're absolutely right that the Shore tours have proven that such enterprises are still very lucrative, and indeed there's no doubt in my mind that this triggered Lucas to revive the idea.

Shore Tours....that sounds like a travel agency.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. I'm going, anyone else?
  5. I'm certainly going to look into it...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2008
    Already bought my ticket. And with my luck, the concert will come to Denmark afterwards. But hey, this way I get to visit London smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2008
    I'll be there (and at The Fellowship of the Ring - Live) the following week)!
  6. Jim Ware wrote
    I'll be there (and at The Fellowship of the Ring - Live) the following week)!

oh boy, that looks too good to be true shame
    You have fun guys

Shout the name of MainTitles once eh wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2009
    Who's going to this thing on opening night then? I've got my tickets booked! (and my parents are coming too tongue )
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2009
    I'll come if we're having a gathering. Not that bothered about the event, but it would be nice to meet a few more people.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2009
    Now that it's clear (though still unconfirmed confused ) that Williams isn't conducting, my interest has disappeared like snow before a Caribbean sun.

It's just another Star Wars fanthing outing then. slant
    Been there, done that, NOT paying top Euro to go there again. I'll wait for it to come to me during the tour.

Too bad.
    cry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Now that it's clear (though still unconfirmed confused ) that Williams isn't conducting, my interest has disappeared like snow before a Caribbean sun.

It's just another Star Wars fanthing outing then. slant
    Been there, done that, NOT paying top Euro to go there again. I'll wait for it to come to me during the tour.

Too bad.
    cry

I still hope that we'll all still find a common ground and a film composer ( in person ) we all want to see to bring us all together for a gathering.

it'll happen, I'm sure.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    There's always Zimmer and his soon to be concert tour?

Yeah, I know. My coat, I'll get it...
  7. I don't think that I can make it to this - saving pennies for later in the year...just in case of a SONCINEMAD.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2009
    Steven wrote
    There's always Zimmer and his soon to be concert tour?

Yeah, I know. My coat, I'll get it...

biggrin

In all seriousness I'd love to see Zimmer in concert.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  8. Screw it all! Bear McCreary in concert in March :S

http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog/?p=1088

While a McCreary concert is certainly a great thing, the sucky part is a) I cannot attend and b) McCreary is probably going to attend in person (which only sucks because I can't be there to shake hands and nab autographs)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2009
    Cool!

Rian? Shall we go?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2009
    Taiko's? dizzy
    Hagen is not too far away either... hmmmmmmmmmmm
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2009
    Bregt wrote
    Cool!

Rian? Shall we go?

Tickets for the premiere night are probably already sold out.
    And it's "ballet", not "McCreary in concert". sad
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ballet???
    confused

Based on Battlestar Galactica???

The Battlestar Ballet?
    The Caprica Conga?
    The Pegasus Polka?
    The Cylon Samba?

I don't see it...
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Martijn wrote
    Ballet???
    confused

Based on Battlestar Galactica???

The Battlestar Ballet?
    The Caprica Conga?
    The Pegasus Polka?
    The Cylon Samba?

I don't see it...

“Prelude to War”

A Ballet for Orchestra, Dancers and Taiko Ensemble
    Music by Bear McCreary
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yes, I understood. I just have some difficulty picturing the subject matter for a ballet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2009 edited
    I think the cylons won't be wearing any clothes (except the human ones, more's the pity).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Does anyone else think it's wonderful how the organisers take your money for the tickets as soon as you buy them, but they're not going to issue them until a few days before? rolleyes shame

(I hate the "they do it because they can" reply!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2009
    Did you know that they do it because they can? shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2009
    They do and can has too.
    Kazoo