• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2008 edited
    Since the other Your Desktop thread was hijacked by computer questions and various computer issues and topic I've decided to open ANOTHER Your Desktop thread which will ONLY be about YOUR DESKTOP wallpaper image(s).

Here my LATEST

My aunt's boyfriend found an old Toronto Maple Leafs book called "The First 50 Years" in his garage. Since he is a Montreal Canadians fan he let me have the book. Inside I found that great photograph of Leafs legend Frank Mahovlich and Bruins goalie Gerry Cheevers. The picture was taken between 1965 and 1967. So, I scanned it and made it my desktop.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2008
    Do you really need the "hijacked" tag on the other thread? A simple renaming could suffice imo; rolleyes
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    No, I wanted the world to know that you guys HIJACKED the thread.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well at least it was alive, after it quickly died shortly after its creation. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well at least it was alive, after it quickly died shortly after its creation. tongue

It never dies... it just goes into hibernation.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    [edited by mod]
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    ^ Are you serious?

crazy

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Fixed it although you were somewhat asking for it wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Fixed it although you were somewhat asking for it wink

Bah!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Aw, these things are never funny if you show up late! biggrin

Anyway, mine.

Good morning Bregt!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Here is mine right now.

It's a picture from my hike up Norway's highest mountain, Galdhøpiggen, back in September. I'm sitting in the middle of the picture, gazing out on the awesome sight.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thor wrote
    Here is mine right now.

It's a picture from my hike up Norway's highest mountain, Galdhøpiggen, back in September. I'm sitting in the middle of the picture, gazing out on the awesome sight.

shocked shocked
    Impressive landscape!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2008
    Thor wrote
    Here is mine right now.

Super cool cool

Reminds me a lot of Scotland, I'm guessing the geography isn't that much different considering the close proximity!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Here is mine right now.

Super cool cool

Reminds me a lot of Scotland, I'm guessing the geography isn't that much different considering the close proximity!?

A little bit, yes, but it's also because of the season. I think the Norwegian mountainside and the Scottish isn't that similar otherwise.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2008 edited
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Here is mine right now.

Super cool cool

A little bit, yes, but it's also because of the season. I think the Norwegian mountainside and the Scottish isn't that similar otherwise.

The glacial erosion looks very similar. ( why because of the season? )
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Actually, mine hasn't change a bit since last time, so I'll just show you the same lovely lady again. :D
    http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?imag … tophl2.jpg
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote

I don't know. I was thinking the autumny colours sprinkled with snow here and there. Norwegian mountainsides are either far "snowier" or lushly colourized, depending on season. I think Scotland is greener?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2008 edited
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

I don't know. I was thinking the autumny colours sprinkled with snow here and there. Norwegian mountainsides are either far "snowier" or lushly colourized, depending on season. I think Scotland is greener?

I thought Norway was greener!?? confused dizzy

The highlands of Scotland depend on season too. Only Alan ( Falkirkbairn ) can settle this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2008 edited
    Mine right now!

dog
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  1. Beauty, Miya!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2008
    A dog?
    You changed your desktop to a dog?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. I would say it's a wolf.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nooooo...the proper response would have been "I have very fond memories of that dog".
    Jeez. What's the point in making obscure references if no one gets them?
    cry
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. What did you refer to?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    She's my doggie who now lives at my parents' home. She's 3/4 Shiba and 1/4 German Shepherd. But she must be of the royal blood of wolves from more than 10,000 years ago. biggrin

But until few days ago my desktop was a background art from The Lion King. bunny
  4. What's her name?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Nana. I have some pics of her here... do we have "post your pet pic" thread or something like that? dog (No, I don't mean "post lolcat pics" cat) biggrin
  5. We could have!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    Nooooo...the proper response would have been "I have very fond memories of that dog".
    Jeez. What's the point in making obscure references if no one gets them?
    cry

Well, I came in late but I got the reference. wink

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Miya wrote
    She's my doggie who now lives at my parents' home. She's 3/4 Shiba and 1/4 German Shepherd. But she must be of the royal blood of wolves from more than 10,000 years ago. biggrin

But until few days ago my desktop was a background art from The Lion King. bunny

Beautiful dog Miya.

You do know that ALL dogs are descended from Wolves.....yep, even those silly celebrity handbag rat dogs.